I here about people replacing there trackballs, but I want to know where can I get one that will work for months to come. I purchased my last trackball on eBay about a month ago. It worked ok, but it's not very responsive. It has a mind of it's own sometimes. I see some on the Cellular Network site. I purchased a battery door latch from them 11 days ago, but I still haven't received it yet. I can't wait that long for a new trackball trying to order from them again. . I see they have some here on Crackberry.com
    Has anyone purchased one here that seems to stand up to everyday use?

Trying to use a BlackBerry with a bad trackball is frustrating.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by cdf3; 06-17-09 at 05:02 PM.
    06-17-09 05:00 PM
    Was the one on eBay OEM?

eBay seller mobilexny sells OEM trackballs for $4.84 including free first class shipping from NY. They work great, I've never had a problem with the many I've bought from them.
    06-17-09 05:02 PM
    I'll have to go back and see who the seller was. I did pay about $4 with free shipping.
    A lot of times when I scroll, the trackball spins but the cursor does not move. Then it finally catches. It happens a lot. Could that be a problem with the trackball, or something else?

06-17-09 05:17 PM
    Was the one on eBay OEM?

eBay seller mobilexny sells OEM trackballs for $4.84 including free first class shipping from NY. They work great, I've never had a problem with the many I've bought from them.
    The trackball I purchased was from the seller ecmonster from Brookly, NY for $4.75

It didn't specify that it was OEM. Would that make a difference?
    06-17-09 05:32 PM
    It sounds like the trackball is spinning, but the magnetic rollers are not engaging the ball well, so they in turn are not rolling past the sensors.

take your trackball out and clean your ball, and rollers with a swab lightly moistened with rubbing alcohol.
    06-17-09 05:33 PM
    Where are the magnetic rollers. Are they are rollers that are part of the trackball assembly, or on the device itself once the trackball is taken out?

06-17-09 05:48 PM
    I here about people replacing there trackballs, but I want to know where can I get one that will work for months to come. I purchased my last trackball on eBay about a month ago. It worked ok, but it's not very responsive. It has a mind of it's own sometimes. I see some on the Cellular Network site. I purchased a battery door latch from them 11 days ago, but I still haven't received it yet. I can't wait that long for a new trackball trying to order from them again. . I see they have some here on Crackberry.com
    Has anyone purchased one here that seems to stand up to everyday use?

Trying to use a BlackBerry with a bad trackball is frustrating.

Shipping from Cellular Accessories - Nokia, Microsoft, NEC, Acer, BlackBerry, HTC, Panasonic, SonyEricsson, Alcatel, takes a long time, sometimes up to a few weeks. I purchased a black trackball from them, and have had absolutely no issues with it at all, works better than the OEM one.
    06-17-09 06:19 PM
    The rollers are the 4 grayish bars on each side of the tracball, with black tips on the TB assembly. The black parts are the magnets.

06-17-09 07:20 PM
    I cleaned them with alcohol and swabs. Trackball still isn't working all that great. It wasn't all that great when I put the new trackball in. I went ahead and purchased an OEM trackball from mobilexny on eBay. I wonder if those will make a difference.
    06-17-09 07:28 PM
    Depending on how close to NY you are, you'll receive the TB in a few days. They are really fast getting it in the mail.

06-17-09 08:00 PM
    I hope the new trackball performs better than the one I purchased from the other eBay seller.
    06-17-09 10:27 PM
    If not, vtsangs TB tutorial in the How To and FAQ forum is a good guide. You will be able to take the TBs apart and put them back together again. You should be able to get at least one TB assembly working smooth by mixing and matching the parts.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/qui...6/#post2225904

But the new OEM ball should work just fine.

Last edited by xliderider; 06-17-09 at 10:45 PM.
    06-17-09 10:33 PM
    If not, vtsangs TB tutorial in the How To and FAQ forum is a good guide. You will be able to take the TBs apart and put them back together again. You should be able to get at least one TB assembly working smooth by mixing and matching the parts.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/qui...6/#post2225904

But the new OEM ball should work just fine.

I saw that article earlier today. I couldn't get the metal clips off. They never said what tool they used to pry it off. It was also stated that it was very easy to bend or warp if not done properly.
    06-17-09 11:15 PM
    I use a small jeweler's screwdriver. Wait till your TB cames in before you take your old one apart.

06-17-09 11:41 PM
    You will find good price on ebay. You can have confidence.
    06-18-09 06:19 AM
    My last one came from eBay. I just ordered a new one yesterday from a different seller. This one says to be an OEM. Hopefully it will work better.

06-18-09 06:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD