Did I miss something? I thought there would be some news about it around here... did it even happen?

Posted via CB10
    07-11-14 12:21 PM
    Did I miss something? I thought there would be some news about it around here... did it even happen?

Posted via CB10
    Yeah it happened but it was mostly some back end programmer stuff and a little bit for developers, nothing much that wasn't known before but there was the promise of a big unveiling of stuff soon

Check Out TechCraze
    Last edited by tinochiko; 07-11-14 at 01:20 PM.
    07-11-14 12:41 PM
    You the best! Much appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-14 12:52 PM
    No problem, that was a rushed answer tbh..

What was mentioned a lot was the ability of BlackBerry to provide security in all aspects of machine to machine communication, regardless of the platform being used, as well as the ability to communicate things in real time.. there should be a recording of it somewhere if I or someone gets a hold of it it should be linked here

Check Out TechCraze
    07-11-14 01:22 PM
    I didn't hear most of it because I was cooking, but they were explaining what it is from techincal view a lot. A few things that I exctracted (please correct me if I'm wrong)
    • They're not competing with companies connecting devices. They're just making a service which connects devices, but which is up to other companies
    • They're using some standard protocols for max portability
    • Main focus is on QNX devices, but libraries for other platforms will be available as well (I'm not sure if servers or clients, missed a part)
    • They made big efford to make it power efficient
    • Your data is your own. They don't want it

They said that it's perfect for startup companies (along with other). So you don't have to deal with connecting and securing devices, just on making whatever your product will do.

It's sort of like internet. It connects devices and you don't have to deal with how. It makes a lot of sense.
    07-11-14 02:18 PM
    07-19-14 03:27 PM