Hi,
    Recently, i received a refurbished blackberry bold 9000 after my first one got damaged. At first i thought i had received a brand new replacement but that quickly changed when i realized that the screws had been tampered. Either way im not disappointed since its been 7months after my first one and im happy for that, besides that it looks new. However, im just curious to know where do they get these phones? And was also wondering wouldn't these refurbished phones cause more problems for the customers and increase the rate of returns since they've been repaired/tampered?
    Last edited by bushako; 03-28-10 at 02:40 PM.
    03-28-10 02:36 PM
    Refurbished devices typically have fewer problems than new devices.

And the carriers get the devices from RIM.
    03-28-10 03:12 PM
    Generally, they take a device that comes in, strip it down, clean and test them, repair any defects, load the OS, then install a new housing on it, and send it to their distribution point as a ready replacement.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-10 03:15 PM
    Generally, they take a device that comes in, strip it down, clean and test them, repair any defects, load the OS, then install a new housing on it, and send it to their distribution point as a ready replacement.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Is this process done at RIM or from the network provider?
    03-28-10 05:41 PM
    Is this process done at RIM or from the network provider?
    RIM. network providers dont have the tools and or software to do all the above mentioned work.
    03-29-10 04:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD