I have a BB peral and I want to put music on my BB.
    Is there a BB media center I need to download to my computer for this??
    THanks
    Carm
    03-01-09 03:36 PM
    You could use Roxio Media Manager that can be downloaded with Desktop Manager.

However why not just drag and drop your files. Enable Mass Storage mode by going to options>Media card. Connect your BB to your pc and it should show as a removable drive under "my computer" on your pc. Now move any desired files onto the removable drive ( your BB)
    Last edited by gritmaster; 03-01-09 at 03:46 PM.
    03-01-09 03:42 PM
    If you have a media card you do not need media manager. You can just plug into and drag and drop your files like you would a flash drive or other peripheral. (options>media card>mass storage mode enabled - on)

To get media manager (roxio) you can get that at blackberry.com under software downloads. Version 4.6 with or without media manager. If you dont have a card dont add music until you do The Device memory cant handle it.
    03-01-09 03:44 PM
    As far as transfering playlists I think you need itues and roxio MM

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-09 03:53 PM
    Thank you all very helpful!!
    03-01-09 04:05 PM
    I re-downloaded BB Desktop Manager with hopes to "fix" my ability to use Media Manager... but NO. It's still blacked out. It only gives me the option to do a BB Media Sync...

What else can I try?! I really want to add some ringtones to my BB!
    03-01-09 05:16 PM
    I have the same problem. I tried both 4.7 than 4.6 (on three different computers), and media manager option is grayed out.

I did tranfer my files via micro SD and adapter, but would prefer not to have to take the card out anytime I feel adding somethin.

Thanks
    03-01-09 05:25 PM
    I re-downloaded BB Desktop Manager with hopes to "fix" my ability to use Media Manager... but NO. It's still blacked out. It only gives me the option to do a BB Media Sync...

What else can I try?! I really want to add some ringtones to my BB!
    Did you uninstall the previous DM?

Also in the post I did above it shows you how to add ringtones from the PC without needing DM at all. Its easily done.....DM is not needed for this. You can alternatively have them sent to your phone on many sites like zedge.net for example.
    03-01-09 05:27 PM
    I have the same problem. I tried both 4.7 than 4.6 (on three different computers), and media manager option is grayed out.

I did tranfer my files via micro SD and adapter, but would prefer not to have to take the card out anytime I feel adding somethin.

Thanks
    Leave the card in your phone. Go to options>media card>mass storage mode support ON ---- save

Now just plug the BB into your PC with the USB cable. Use My Computer like you would to view your C drive or D drive etc and look for BLACKBERRY. Once you find it you can simply drag and drop your files you wish to the BB and vice versa...
    03-01-09 05:30 PM
    Did you uninstall the previous DM?

Also in the post I did above it shows you how to add ringtones from the PC without needing DM at all. Its easily done.....DM is not needed for this. You can alternatively have them sent to your phone on many sites like zedge.net for example.
    Oh DUH! I'll uninstall and try it again..

I did try to just drag and drop my ringtones but it keeps telling me to insert a disk.
    03-01-09 05:36 PM
    You must have a media card (for Mass Storage Mode)- the phone must be plugged in and seen by the PC.... I suspect you do not have a media card? If you dont you can use Media Manager once you get it set up, just keep in mind that ringtones stored on the device memory take up precious memory, and will ultimately slow your device down.
    03-01-09 05:39 PM
    You must have a media card (for Mass Storage Mode)- the phone must be plugged in and seen by the PC.... I suspect you do not have a media card? If you dont you can use Media Manager once you get it set up, just keep in mind that ringtones stored on the device memory take up precious memory, and will ultimately slow your device down.
    Nope, no media card. But I'll definitely get one now that I know I need it!!

I'm in the control panel on my PC right now deleting DM... Should I delete Media Sync as well?
    03-01-09 05:48 PM
    Do you use it? I do not use it and am not 100% familiar with it so I cant tell ya. (Media Sync)

When you re-download DM (since you need this for other things, OS upgrades - Backups etc) Get version 4.6 without media manager, with your new card you wont need media manager and you will be better off without it IMO
    03-01-09 05:54 PM
    Leave the card in your phone. Go to options>media card>mass storage mode support ON ---- save

Now just plug the BB into your PC with the USB cable. Use My Computer like you would to view your C drive or D drive etc and look for BLACKBERRY. Once you find it you can simply drag and drop your files you wish to the BB and vice versa...
    I did that too, but my computer doesn't like it. Windows explorer crashes every time I try to access my phone.
    03-01-09 05:58 PM
    Thank you for all your help!!

I'ma give it a go... Hopefully everything works out :]
    03-01-09 06:04 PM
    I did that too, but my computer doesn't like it. Windows explorer crashes every time I try to access my phone.
    I am not sure why your PC is crashing when you plug it in. No matter if you plug up it crashes? What version of windows?

Thank you for all your help!!

I'ma give it a go... Hopefully everything works out :]
    Roger that, good luck ........
    03-01-09 06:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD