2yo Classic first wasn't holding charge, then taking forever to charge, then had a meltdown (literally)....while I'm visiting relatives in tri-state...I'm from bay area.

No phone...no contacts...no nothing. Thank god I brought my old Bold with me (2 classic games). Found an AT&T store that reactivated it.

I've watched YouTube videos to change port...not even going to try.

BB should have left the port on the side. Is this what it's finally going to take to make me give up on Blackberry?

Advice appreciated...
    05-18-18 03:57 AM
    How may phones have side mounted charging ports these days? Real solution is wireless charging...

If your looking for a tri-state repair shop that happens to deal with a phone that about .00001% of people ever owned... good luck.

Best bet is to buy the part and take it into your local repair shop.... but then at this point, you can probable just buy a used Classic cheaper.
    05-18-18 09:33 AM
    LOL...I would say "get with the times", but It seems you are quite happy rolling around with Old tech.
    05-18-18 08:13 PM
    Don't let the Android Brigade bring you down. If you look on eBay you can find a Classic for about $50-$75
    BerryRipe likes this.
    05-19-18 12:55 AM
    You haven't been successful searching online for a smartphone repairsmen? There should be plenty of those, especially in a bustling area like the San Francisco metropolitan. Try asking on social media and see if anyone reputable pops up.
    05-19-18 06:25 PM