Where in Canada can I buy a brand new non-carrier branded/unlocked Blackberry in Canada? I'm not due for an upgrade with Bell until April 2012. I'd really like to get a new 9860 or 9810. But if I'm going to pay full price to buy a phone outright from Bell, I'd rather buy one that's not tied to anyone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-11 11:36 AM
    Right if you want unlocked phones your best bet will be Amazon! Phones most likely will be eligible for Amazon Prime and come in 2 days. If not maximum a week it will come to your doorstep! I have 3 phones from Amazon and I have one on VZW, one on Sprint and the other on T-Mobile. They work like a charm. So if you don't want to get out of your house Amazon is sure to have unlocked phones

08-10-11 12:11 PM
    Where in Canada can I buy a brand new non-carrier branded/unlocked Blackberry in Canada? I'm not due for an upgrade with Bell until April 2012. I'd really like to get a new 9860 or 9810. But if I'm going to pay full price to buy a phone outright from Bell, I'd rather buy one that's not tied to anyone.

You can purchase from Rogers, Telus, and Virgin. .. and have it unlocked. Purchase it from whichever carrier is cheaper.
    08-10-11 04:16 PM
    As someone stated you can have it unlocked from any carrier.

While it isn't a completely Canada option, you can also purchase from a wholesaler.

I've purchase a phone that wasn't available in Canada before from Negri Electronics Negri Electronics - Blackberry in USA, iPhones, Android Mobiles, Smart Phones, Cell Phones, Tablets. Experience was excellent.

Just be warned they are more expensive then some of the carriers here, and you will have to pay for tax from Canada Customs. But it is another option.
    08-10-11 04:23 PM
    How do I convince whatever carrier I purchase the device from to unlock it?

08-10-11 06:30 PM
    They will not unlock the device unless you are an existing client. If you are then they charge $50 to unlock.
    08-10-11 11:02 PM
    You can unlock your Blackberry for free from freemyblackberry.com. Works great and you get your code within 24 hours. Like others have said, just buy from the carrier who has it for cheapest.
    08-11-11 12:11 AM
    Thanks everybody for your replies.

08-11-11 08:55 AM
    Another option for an unbranded phone is Kijiji if you're in the GTA. My Torch is an OEM model that I purchased from a RIM employee off of Kijiji. I'm seeing 9900's and 9810's on there now. Biggest downside is you get no warranty at all.
    08-11-11 12:06 PM
    You can buy a used Blackberry from any one that use it with Rogers and then use online blackberry unlocking service to unlock your Blackberry device to use it with any carrier in the world with GSM Sim cards.

it's fast and cheap.

you can look for some good deal here at the marketplace at crackberry
    08-11-11 12:58 PM
    You can buy a used Blackberry from any one that use it with Rogers and then use online blackberry unlocking service to unlock your Blackberry device to use it with any carrier in the world with GSM Sim cards.

it's fast and cheap.

you can look for some good deal here at the marketplace at crackberry
    I thought that the Rogers phones have branding?

08-11-11 02:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD