Yeah, he magically gets a blackberry in episode 3 though. Not sure where he ended up getting that from
    03-01-15 06:32 PM
    I haven't even had a chance to start season 3 yet. Lol
    Me either!

And I assumed, like I think the writers intended, that Doug was DEAD!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-01-15 07:19 PM
    I notice a lot of BB7 devices in shows. I often wondered if someone just collected up old BB's to use as cheap props.

I also often notice Apple products that have the Apple logo covered with a sticker or removed. I always wondered what was up with that. Guess they wouldn't pay.

MS is obviously paying to have their products displayed on certain shows. Windows phones seem more scarce than BB'S in real life.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 09:02 PM
    I just watched the first 2 episodes thus far and all I've seen is the president using an apple pc / desk phone, his wife using an iphone, and his assistant using a window phone..

Am I blind?? Did Netflix want too much money or did they think the audience wouldn't know what those devices were? :P

*edit: I was wrong everyone. I finally saw one instance of a blackberry in episode 3. Whew, almost didn't catch it
    i can sleep at night now.
    03-01-15 09:04 PM
    I also often notice Apple products that have the Apple logo covered with a sticker or removed. I always wondered what was up with that. Guess they wouldn't pay.
    In this instance, these devices were purchased by the production company, rather than being comped by Apple. When Apple gives you hardware, they require certain limitations on what you can do with it (the kind of movie/show you can use it in, or the kinds of scenes you can do with it). If your production doesn't meet these guidelines, or you want to hold your options open for the future, then buying the devices yourself, and covering the logos, means you don't have to be limited to an Apple agreement with what you do with them.

You see this stuff all the time, though you might not always notice. They may use a Coke can or a box of Tide laundry detergent, but the name and logo will be slightly changed or will face away from the audience - this means they bought the product on their own and didn't seek permission to use the logo, and thus aren't otherwise restricted. On another show, you might actually see a Coke bottle or can with the Coke label clearly visible - this is sanctioned product placement, but there will be conditions that the show must meet or face a lawsuit that it will likely lose.
    03-02-15 12:54 AM
    Me either!

And I assumed, like I think the writers intended, that Doug was DEAD!

I apologize for giving it away. I thought it was very obvious! Sorry.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 10:53 AM
    Well,.....spoiler here,....he's the President now. So maybe he doesn't use a mobile device.

Thank you for being so observant. I have the entire US government at my disposal including FEMA.

Oh...did I say too much. Keep watching.
    03-02-15 06:05 PM
    I haven't even had a chance to start season 3 yet. Lol
    you're too slow. You better keep up now as there's no excuse anymore.
    03-02-15 06:07 PM
    you're too slow. You better keep up now as there's no excuse anymore.
    My apologies Mr. President! I did start it today though, haha
    03-02-15 06:56 PM
    Three years have passed since Apple last won this award. After wins in 2010 and 2011, Apple's onscreen dominance wilted. But Apple is back on top, though barely. Apple products appeared in nine of the 35 films that topped the U.S. weekend box office in 2014, or about a quarter of all #1s.

Announcing the 2015 Brandcameo Product Placement Awards
    03-04-15 01:47 PM
    'House of Cards' Season 3: The Complete Tech Guide

For those of you concerned or wondering about the tech being used in the House of Cards.... the above link is for you.

Dont blame us...they paid for it.
    03-04-15 02:36 PM
    My apologies Mr. President! I did start it today though, haha
    Dont get me going using the word apology. The last time was pretty rough.

03-04-15 02:44 PM
    Dont get me going using the word apology. The last time was pretty rough.

You should listen to your wife more often. Also I was unaware how feisty she was in the bedroom!

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 05:30 PM
    I'm a huge fan of House of Cards, sure there was more blackberries in the first two seasons, I just finished the third and still we can see some.

President Frank still uses his trusty Bold 9780 sometimes
    Doug Stamper I think have his Bold 9790 yet?
    Remy Danton still uses his Z10?

Sent from my Blackberry Passport.
    03-04-15 08:39 PM
    I keep using the tools that make me successful LOL.

Remy still has the z10 along with the tablet. Doug is still recovering so I have Seth looking after him.

And as for my wife...you just keep your eyes to yourself 😛
    03-05-15 02:23 PM
    I keep using the tools that make me successful LOL.

Remy still has the z10 along with the tablet. Doug is still recovering so I have Seth looking after him.

And as for my wife...you just keep your eyes to yourself 😛
    LOL nice to have you here with us Mr. President!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    03-10-15 10:35 PM
    LOL nice to have you here with us Mr. President!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    Indeed. The pleasure is of course all yours.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    03-11-15 07:42 PM
    I finished season 3 and this season's product placement with MS Windows phone, and in particular Apple products is ridiculously blatant. It's quite comical with the camera squarely focused on the devices whenever a device is used.

Listen out for the sounds whenever they swipe their iPhones. There's no reason that it's that loud. Again, pretty laughable with it being blatantly obvious. Clearly they aim for it to be noticed. Annoying more like it.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-15 09:09 PM
    http://thenextweb.com/shareables/201...-dystopian-dc/

Here is a good recap of all devices.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    03-11-15 10:04 PM
    I finished season 3 and this season's product placement with MS Windows phone, and in particular Apple products is ridiculously blatant. It's quite comical with the camera squarely focused on the devices whenever a device is used.

Listen out for the sounds whenever they swipe their iPhones. There's no reason that it's that loud. Again, pretty laughable with it being blatantly obvious. Clearly they aim for it to be noticed. Annoying more like it.

Posted via CB10
    Totally agree, it went from sort of a background flavor thing to just total, in-your-face, LOOK AT THIS COOL DEVICE. Doug's Windows phone and at one point a tablet to TV screen sharing situation were the most blatant for me. Big turn off.
    03-11-15 10:08 PM
    Personally, after watching season 3 the lack of BlackBerry's is the least of the problems with the show. Not up to the bar level set in the first 2 seasons IMO.

Z30 / STA 100-3 / 10.2.1.3289
    03-12-15 12:03 AM
    This is correct. If you're doing a TV show or movie, you can simply contact Apple and tell them what you reasonably need, and they'll show up in a day or two. But that's the only "payment" that Apple will make.

Microsoft, on the other hand, has paid (and paid well) a number of shows to feature MS products, which they also provide for free. Hawaii 5-0 and NCIS:LA are a couple of examples, but there are several others.

Samsung also provides devices for free, as does Dell, to production companies. Sony used to do so too.
    The Mindy Project is another one. Almost every main character on that show uses a windows phone.

Posted from my awesome White Z30
    03-14-15 08:03 AM
72 123