Ok, so I cannot find the BB Maps application anywhere on my Bold. I have GMM so its not a huge deal, but I'd like to see the program since, unless I ma mistaken, its on there.
    02-12-09 04:26 PM
    Unfortunately, AT&T does not allow BlackBerry Maps to work on their devices.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-09 04:39 PM
    I have the 8900 curve and can't find it either I'm glad I'm not going mad!
    02-12-09 06:13 PM
    I heard you have to edit the LBS.alx file to show it on your BB. But not sure if it works once its shown. Something about Service Books. But then again someone also said they Had it working. Hope that helps
    02-13-09 12:44 AM
    There's a place on the Blackberry site where you can download it, but it fails on an AT&T phone. I wonder what this is? AT&T has a subscription map program -- I suspect they'd rather you pay the $10 a month for their service rather than get it for free.

Google Maps works fine, but I'd really like to use the "send my location" feature, which Google Maps doesn't appear to have. Is there any other solution?
    02-13-09 07:04 PM
    The new igoogle upgrade for google maps has a feature that can show your location as well as the location of your friends with latitude installed. It takes some setup though! It's called latitude.
    Last edited by bass-fishn; 02-13-09 at 08:12 PM.
    02-13-09 08:08 PM
    There's a place on the Blackberry site where you can download it, but it fails on an AT&T phone. I wonder what this is? AT&T has a subscription map program -- I suspect they'd rather you pay the $10 a month for their service rather than get it for free.

Google Maps works fine, but I'd really like to use the "send my location" feature, which Google Maps doesn't appear to have. Is there any other solution?
    What is AT&T?? i am a noob to BB sorry if i ask at the wrong link.
    02-14-09 02:49 AM
    BlackBerry Maps is accessible if you change the Theme on AT&T phones, you can also use the Application Loader in Desktop Manager and check the box next to BlackBerry Maps.
    02-16-09 02:40 PM
    I've been using Google Maps with Latitude, and they both work fine on my Curve. Of course, AT&T forced me into finding solutions, but so far no complaints. I am also using GPS Logger to do trip mapping, and that is a pretty cool thing to have, complete with export of data to email for sharing.

--krouac
    02-18-09 06:02 AM
    I actually found this thread today just looking around in the 8820 forums. I now have BlackBerry maps working with 8820/4.5.0.110. Check it out: http://forums.crackberry.com/f33/bla...-phone-143537/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-09 09:53 PM
    I wanted to know if any of you has the problem that i am experiencing.
    Before installing the new OS i didn't see the Icon at all. Now I just installed the new OS on my BB 8900 and suprisingly i cannot find see the maps. He finds the satelites but the map is empty. I don't get any maps on the display!?!?!?

I went to the blackberry website (via BB) to download the maps and i get the message that my "device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support Blackberry maps"...

i just want to have a precise GPS locator cause until now i have been walking on roofs with Google Maps ... and not on the streets
    05-07-09 08:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD