Does anybody know, where are the BlackBerry assembled and where do the parts come from? I assume in China, but perhaps someone knows more: which province, city, factory (or factories) name..
    02-09-10 01:00 PM
    China, Mexico, Canada, and Indonesia (?)

I know China, Canada, and Mexico for sure... Not sure what provence/town or whatever.
    02-09-10 01:29 PM
    Canada, Mexico and Hungary.

There was a news item that Research in Motion is in talks with Chinese carriers on future manufacturing prospects, but that is not in place.

Big part of the problem, contract law in Canada is based on English Common Law. China, not so much.
    02-09-10 02:02 PM
    mine was assembled in China. But not sure about the province.
    02-10-10 01:07 AM
    is your one original or copy?
    02-10-10 06:07 AM
    China, Mexico, Canada, and Indonesia (?)

I know China, Canada, and Mexico for sure... Not sure what provence/town or whatever.
    don't forget Hungary... some 9700's are made there...

my 9700 was Made in Canada
    02-10-10 08:49 AM
    Most of the accessories like the USB charger and the slip case are Chinese made. Check the label under the battery, under the bar code it will say Made in ******.
    02-10-10 09:00 AM
    is your one original or copy?
    Most of the accessories like the USB charger and the slip case are Chinese made. Check the label under the battery, under the bar code it will say Made in ******.
    About the only way you'll see Made in China on a BB is if it's a refurb from Asurion Insurance. Thoes jokers love Chinese made crap... T-Mobile Asurion replacements are tipically China made and it's amazing how crappy the quality is.
    02-10-10 11:00 AM
    it's disputable question. you can find a decent quality items even assembled in China, Malaysia. Anyway, nowadays most if not all electronics gadgets are assembled in China..
    02-10-10 01:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD