I just got back from testing out a Z10 at Future Shop and was very impressed with the hardware: the quality of the screen, the feel of the phone, the quickness of the apps, etc. But when I was looking around Blackberry World.. all the apps i saw were ones that I have never heard of, all of those big name apps that they showed off at the launch such as Fruit Ninja and Skype weren't there. The only big apps i saw were Angry Birds Star Wars and a couple of sports apps.. Which raises the concern, are these apps that they promised not here yet? Or did I miss something?
    02-01-13 07:38 PM
    Some are available, more will be released soon. Lots more to come. Did you search around the forums or the posts on the homepage?
    02-01-13 07:40 PM
    There's a few good games I bought last few days, new apps/games are added daily.
    02-01-13 07:43 PM
    The launch day statement was "1000 top apps" on Android and iphone.
    I've been cross referencing Google Play's top free and Top Paid against BB world (filter on to show z10 apps) and could only find about 50 matches.

Ummm?

I'm fervently hoping Blackberry is promising it "will" have them. Because as of right now those 1000 top apps are not there.

From where I stand, a March availability is a plus because you'll have a full month to see how this launch works out.
    brianatbb likes this.
    02-01-13 09:34 PM
    I personally don't care so much about the "top apps", just that they have the apps that I want. On that front, they have me covered.
    02-01-13 10:52 PM
    Every single thread with this question is conspicuously silent.
    02-01-13 10:52 PM
    I personally don't care so much about the "top apps", just that they have the apps that I want. On that front, they have me covered.
    This would be a relevant comment if you were the sole consumer responsible for Blackberry success. If you take OP's post in a macro context, it's bad news. Very bad.
    02-02-13 01:28 AM
    You were indeed promised that and you know what? BB lied. People are running out of excuses for things that were promised and weren't delivered.
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
    Creaulx likes this.
    02-02-13 01:32 AM
    Every single thread with this question is conspicuously silent.
    Because no one has the phones and cannot give answers for that reason...
    Zirak likes this.
    02-02-13 01:43 AM
    Probably because they expected the phones to launch in March
    02-02-13 01:49 AM
    Probably because they expected the phones to launch in March
    Im not sure if you are taking a shot at me... who expected the phones to be released in march?
    02-02-13 01:55 AM
    Don't worry, the apps will all be there for US launch. (He said hopefully)
    02-02-13 06:59 AM
    Consider if you are in futureshop the phones aren't launched in Canada yet and BlackBerry World is different by region. Someone from the UK should compare. Skype also tweeted that they haven't quite finished their app.
    02-02-13 07:03 AM
    What a surprise! So far the Z10 is only available in the UK, but someone thinks it appropriate to gripe about the "lack of apps". Old news and, frankly, bad form. Can you at least wait until the Z10 goes on sale in Canada and more people have a chance to play with it before trolling about apps?!?
    jimpilot and Zirak like this.
    02-02-13 07:28 AM
    What a surprise! So far the Z10 is only available in the UK, but someone thinks it appropriate to gripe about the "lack of apps". Old news and, frankly, bad form. Can you at least wait until the Z10 goes on sale in Canada and more people have a chance to play with it before trolling about apps?!?
    Speaking for myself, I used a PC and set BlackBerry World filters to Z10 - UK. To be very blunt, the app selection I saw yesterday sucked. On launch day they announced 1000 of the top rated android and iphone apps. I compared their claim and was lucky if I could find 50. I'll give them a month to honor their launch day claim, otherwise I'll be staying with either of the big 2. I don't buy hardware on promises.
    mikeo007, 03_CTD, Creaulx and 1 others like this.
    02-02-13 07:57 AM
    02-02-13 08:05 AM
    You seriously didn't just suggest PC side loading iffy converted apks as a solution to compete as a player in the big leagues. Tell me you didn't just do that.
    02-02-13 08:16 AM
    You seriously didn't just suggest PC side loading iffy converted apks as a solution to compete as a player in the big leagues. Tell me you didn't just do that.
    yes, i did and i sideloaded Kindle on my Playbook(works great), that is a serious alternative, for heaven sake i took this link from the Crackberry frontpage.
    this is a legitimate solution.......

not the very best solution, but griping till the cows come home is for sure the worst solution
    02-02-13 08:22 AM
    Because no one has the phones and cannot give answers for that reason...
    There are several people in this forum who have the phones.

Thor kept using the word "committed" and I guess by definition he did not lie.

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    02-02-13 08:59 AM
    They gave the phone away at the launch events.
    So at least some people outside of the UK have them.
    The apps aren't out yet. Besides Skype and Kindle, which are "committed" to, there are no airline apps (the travel apps are very limited) and no OpenTable, SkyDrive, Lync (Microsoft, please call BlackBerry and offer a 3 for 1 commitment) but ANGRY BIRDS WAS FREE!

It's limited. Hopefully more available by the US launch.

Looking for more apps as we speak on my Z10.

Sideloading is an answer to those who have put up with the limitations of the PlayBook but won't fly for a mass marketed phone like the Z10.
    02-02-13 09:07 AM
    yes, i did and i sideloaded Kindle on my Playbook(works great), that is a serious alternative, for heaven sake i took this link from the Crackberry frontpage.
    this is a legitimate solution.......

not the very best solution, but griping till the cows come home is for sure the worst solution
    The problem is that for the Joe blow consumer off the street, they won't side load, either because they don't know how and are intimidated or don't lurk on tech boards.

Everyday we get customers coming in who don't know ow they should have desktop manager on their computer and have never performed a software update on their phones (and that holds true for all platforms). I can't guarantee you that 90% of customers will not side load. They will look in app world, not find the app, and give up.

That's the danger. To expect people to lurk on blogs as a fix for the app availability issue is unrealistic. If you read the boards you would think almost all android users root too, but it's not true. Do you know how many people have had BBs for years and think their Curve will be getting an update to 10? The layperson far outweighs the more tech savvy reader of CB.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by reeneebob; 02-02-13 at 01:29 PM.
    kbz1960, 93Aero, JR A and 1 others like this.
    02-02-13 09:09 AM
    I find it amusing. Android is the most plague ridden phones out there, until there is an app you want on BB and can't get otherwise.

When you take a .bar that you didn't create on your own computer, you expose your sparkling new BB to every plague any Android phone has ever known, and maybe a few they never had who knows - apparently no one.

My guess is that on BES, your Admin will take this ability away from you before the phone is deployed.
    02-02-13 11:38 AM
    I find it amusing. Android is the most plague ridden phones out there, if you believe all the hyperbole and misinformation all over the Internet.
    Fixed for accuracy. The newest androids are blazing fast, smooth, stuffed full of excellent features and have a very healthy app store for every individual's needs and wants. The z10 is built very nicely. The bb10 OS is sweet. The app world blows. Nobody should be taking this personally or be upset about it being pointed out because it just is what it is.
    02-02-13 07:34 PM
    I have been using Android for years and I would have to say that my biggest complaints are about the app store.
    The number of times that I have bought an app and then had to refund it right away because it didn't work is well over a dozen and I haven't bought a ton of them. Now I always have this moment of hestitation thinking to myself "is this really going to work on my phone?" before I buy anything so I usually end up not doing it because my phone is a two year old samsung and well off the list of supported devices.
    At least if I bought one off BBW or iTunes, whatever the Nokia one is called, at least I know that it will work.
    JR A likes this.
    02-02-13 08:19 PM
    People keep forgetting that it is a launch 'window'. Meaning there will be apps that are released before, during, and after the official release date. Take video game consoles for example, there is an announcement of 30 games are going to be release with said console; that doesn't all of them are available the exact same day as the device. Some will be a week or two later as it is a launch 'window.' To paraphrase a quote from a famous movie "if they build it, it will come."
    JR A likes this.
    02-02-13 08:30 PM
123 123 ...