So here is my question. No, I didn't steal a phone and wiped it because I didn't know the password or something. Just getting that out of that way because I always tend to think someone is probably doing that when they ask these types of questions.

Anyway, I had a warranty exchange (trackball sensor on 8900 was out of order) did the bb to bb switch out using desktop manager and my new "non defective" refurbished phone was doing some crazy things and then it started saying wiping. Seriously... I fiqured no problem, master reset won't erase the memory card or sim. I had just done three back ups and there should not be an issue just restoring.

Long story short I go into my phone to organize all my folders again, etc and nothing is in my media files!!! GONE! All pics, videos, songs...gone! I had so many things that were important to me. I know, I know.." if they were so dam important why didn't I back them up". I thought I did with my weekly dm back up. So now I am thinking it doesn't back up your sd card! FML!

I went out at 7am and got a memory card reader, tried to restore the files with 5 different recovery media card programs, nothing! It's blank. There are no error messages, it's just cleaned. I have deleted "all" instead of one on my camera sd card before and I was able to recover so did my BB seriously just wipe everything clean and wrote over it so now they are gone forever???!

Please help. I had pics of my stillborn daughter, those are most important, videos too, vacation pics. My phone was my life. All this time my ***** brain assumed my weekly back ups saved everything. I have very few that I have in my email since I sent them around but alot are just plain lost.
    I should mention all my settings and contacts backed up, call logs, sms etc.. Just not media files or 3rd party apps.. Oh yea...those are gone too..

Any ideas, suggestions, anything ...I will try it all.
    Last edited by myRASberry; 09-10-10 at 03:41 PM.
    09-10-10 03:36 PM
    The security wipe should not have done anything to the media card, even if you selected third party apps, the memory card should not of been affected. You did exactly what i would have done with a card reader and after that i would have to say, i am very sorry for your loss. I have never used any recovery programs, so i dont know how those work exactly.
    09-10-10 03:41 PM
    The security wipe should not have done anything to the media card, even if you selected third party apps, the memory card should not of been affected. You did exactly what i would have done with a card reader and after that i would have to say, i am very sorry for your loss. I have never used any recovery programs, so i dont know how those work exactly.
    It really sucks. I'm thinking they are gone for good. I'm pretty upset honest. Took it out on the Comcast rep since they missed the appt again. Just not a good day in my life.

I work for tmobile so the tech in me looked at the security> wipe etc..on the new OS 5.0 and it seems that there are now three checkboxes in that area. One is the memory card. So I'm thinking when it did the wipe it did all three. If that's the case did it just delete or is RIM so good (bad in this case) that not only they erase but they write over it when wiping to prevent recovery.

This is so bad...
    09-10-10 03:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD