I will stop buying blackberry's when someone makes a better device for my needs.

I need a Portrait keyboard
    I need small data footprint while traveling
    I need communication with my friends and family
    I need long lasting battery life

right now ONLY blackberry offers me all of that.
    90% of my family communication is with BBM,
    Yes, these are the reasons that keep me on the Blackberry. The BB keyboard is unmatched. BBM is incredible for global communication. But when I am not working, the Android or iphone is great for evenings and weekend use, allowing me to enjoy features the Berry does not have.

The nice thing about a Blackberry data plan is that it is the top of the food chain with cell carriers. This allows me to simply insert my SIM card into a 3GS or Android phone and have a phone with a functioning data plan.

If Apple did not go to the microSIM on the iphone 4, I would have one of those phones too.
    Last edited by E92Vancouver; 05-26-11 at 11:37 AM.
    05-26-11 11:28 AM
    Wrong, last time I checked Rim was gaining customers, just not at the rate of Android. Get your facts straight, Rim is a growing company, every quarter it ads more subscribers then and sells more devices then the one before.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    It may be adding customers, but is losing market share. Adding 1 customer a quarter would not make a company successful.
    05-26-11 11:30 AM
    It may be adding customers, but is losing market share. Adding 1 customer a quarter would not make a company successful.
    Why bother debating with ridiculous comments like this? ...

I thought DeRusset's example about the iPad losing market share was a good one, did you read it? If so, I'm surprised you countered with this.

I can't see what you are trying to achieve here.
    05-26-11 12:09 PM
    Yep, Rim has no debt and a few billions in cash and additional revenue from acquired businesses like QNX who keeps nuclear power plants running etc but you're right, they're going out of business. You're starting to embarrass yourself. What do you even care if they're doing well or not, you either like they're product or not. Simple.

dodger_moore likes this.
    05-26-11 12:14 PM
    Why bother debating with ridiculous comments like this? If you can't use facts to fight your corner, then you're just trolling.

I thought DeRusset's example about the iPad losing market share was a good one, did you read it? If so, I'm surprised you countered with this.

I can't see what you are trying to achieve here.
    What I am trying to achieve here? Read my original post carefully please.

You use 1 smartphone. I use several. While the Blackberry excels in certain areas, it is severely lacking in others and this translates into lost sales and makes the company less viable as they lose market share.

You want facts? How about this? What do you see happening here?

I've owned every blackberry since the 7000 series. And I bought these phones on launch day. I think this classifies me as a blackberry supporter.

I was not mypoic and narrow minded enough to thing the Berry was the end all and be all. I bought other smartphones which I currently use and can now see why RIMM is in trouble.
    05-26-11 12:47 PM
    Yep, Rim has no debt and a few billions in cash and additional revenue from acquired businesses like QNX who keeps nuclear power plants running etc but you're right, they're going out of business. You're starting to embarrass yourself. What do you even care if they're doing well or not, you either like they're product or not. Simple.

I find some of the posters comments in this thread valuable.... Others, have very valuable insight.

Why do I care? For one, I want to decide if I should be buying the stock or shorting it.

Also, I own Blackberries and can see the good in the company. The market does not see it that way though and I would be disappointed if this company was sold to Microsoft or went the way of Palm.

My first smartphone was the Palm Tungsten W, then the Treo 600, Treo 650 and Treo 680. Great products that dominated the market. Where are they now?

Regarding your comment about RIMM's balance sheet. Apple has more cash in the bank than the entire market cap of RIMM. Apple is a giant that can move faster and punch harder than RIMM. How can RIMM compete with this scale and amount of resources.

It is going to be interesting.
    Last edited by E92Vancouver; 05-26-11 at 12:53 PM.
    05-26-11 12:49 PM
    What I am trying to achieve here? Read my original post carefully please.

You use 1 smartphone. I use several. While the Blackberry excels in certain areas, it is severely lacking in others and this translates into lost sales and makes the company less viable as they lose market share.

You want facts? How about this? What do you see happening here?

I've owned every blackberry since the 7000 series. And I bought these phones on launch day. I think this classifies me as a blackberry supporter.

I was not mypoic and narrow minded enough to thing the Berry was the end all and be all. I bought other smartphones which I currently use and can now see why RIMM is in trouble.
    Cool story, you win.

I'm off down the pub, try not to get too worked up.
    05-26-11 01:03 PM
    I find some of the posters comments in this thread valuable. Some ... Others, have very valuable insight.

Why do I care? For one, I want to decide if I should be buying the stock or shorting it.
    Also, I own Blackberries and can see the good in the company. The market does not see it that way though and I would be disappointed if this company was sold to Microsoft or went the way of Palm.

My first smartphone was the Palm Tungsten W, then the Treo 600, Treo 650 and Treo 680. Great products that dominated the market. Where are they now?

Regarding your comment about RIMM's balance sheet. Apple has more cash in the bank than the entire market cap of RIMM. Apple is a giant that can move faster and punch harder than RIMM. How can RIMM compete with this scale and amount of resources.

Hasn't Apple been out with the iphone for a few years? Hasn't impacted that much on Blackberry as far as I can see.
    By the way, you sound like you have an addiction to smartphones. I keep mine for 2 years.

05-26-11 01:09 PM
    Hasn't Apple been out with the iphone for a few years? Hasn't impacted that much on Blackberry as far as I can see.
    By the way, you sound like you have an addiction to smartphones. I keep mine for 2 years.

Yes, you are right about that! I am hoping to see great things out of RIMM.

BTW, I own an iphone but it was given to me. Never actually paid for it. Don't use it that much because it is slow.
    05-26-11 01:14 PM
    Ah. So that's your little plan: talk people into dumping Blackberry so you could buy RIMM stock for cheap! Brilliant.

05-26-11 02:11 PM
    Thanks for coming back once more just to give us your wisdom. Bye!
    05-26-11 02:26 PM
    Not in a million years.

The keyboard, the form factor, the messages...

This phone is the second best thing I've grabbed in my life.
    05-26-11 02:34 PM
    I thought I was going to hurt reading this thred and the posts that followed. Instead I loved it. I love my BB and I rely love my PlayBooK.
    Just like the stock investers sounds like the OP is jumping ship just at the wrong time!
    05-26-11 02:36 PM
    I will drop my BlackBerry when it becomes just like an iPhone or an Android.

The email works just fine. I did two Google searches on my BB web browser while my friend only managed one on her iPhone. Same location, by the way. Same number of bars.

It does everything I want it to do, the sound quality is great, the applications I actually want and/or need work great. I love the keyboard. I love the build quality.

iPhones and Androids can be wonderful devices. So can BlackBerries. All three types of phones, however, can be woefully inadequate for specific users' needs.

E92, if you don't want another BB, that's fine. But saying that RIM is less and less relevant and that BBs are archaic is just pointless.
    Ditto

Just won two auctions on ebay for older iphones 2g and 3g but only reason was because I am going to the states to see my family in NJ and no phone companies provide a prepaid blackberry service.

I have nothing against androids ot the iphone I just prefer Blackberry for they make good phones not toys.
    05-26-11 02:43 PM
    Not in a million years.

The keyboard, the form factor, the messages...

This phone is the second best thing I've grabbed in my life.
    More and more qwerty candy bar phones are coming out. Check out INQ and of course the HTC ChaCha.

While I know that these phones may be toys to some, one thing that us Crack heads talk about is the ability for superior communication. These two phones are definitely ramping up on social communication and are using the Blackberry form factor as a basis.
    05-26-11 02:58 PM
    Ditto

Just won two auctions on ebay for older iphones 2g and 3g but only reason was because I am going to the states to see my family in NJ and no phone companies provide a prepaid blackberry service.

I have nothing against androids ot the iphone I just prefer Blackberry for they make good phones not toys.
    This is the main reason I bought my Android phone!!! The countries I was visiting did not offer prepaid blackberry service, so no email access unless I went droid.
    05-26-11 03:19 PM
    I thought I was going to hurt reading this thred and the posts that followed. Instead I loved it. I love my BB and I rely love my PlayBooK.
    Just like the stock investers sounds like the OP is jumping ship just at the wrong time!
    I am not jumping ship!!! Still have a blackberry and hope my next phone is a blackberry. May buy some stock too.

You know what, if the Torch 2 has a built in wifi hotspot router, I will buy it.
    05-26-11 03:22 PM
    I find some of the posters comments in this thread valuable.... Others, have very valuable insight.

Buying the stock vs Buying the phone. They both have different aspect to the NEED of the buyer and should never influenced either side of the table. I see your trying to look at this from a broad spectrum but your looking at it too broad my friend.

Why is it that all of the soon to be leaving blackberry user are always talking about the market instead of what the device can do for them when it comes to buying a smartphone? There is no one in the smartphone phone realm that offers the Security of the blackberry which what business and government needs to conduct business outside of the office.

RIM is a business minded company but lets look at it like this from then to now... IM's are a communication tool and RIM offered the best device to communicate and still offers one of the best tools with others trying to mirror (BBM). Now its not about just communication on these devices anymore its GAMES....so as i read from everybody comments of leaving or its not like Apple or Android is that they are about GAMES and while RIM is Business. RIM is moving into the gaming realm while the others are moving into the business realm. Different approaches with different customers meeting in the middle so we have different point of views.

If you need a comparison of a company outlook lets look at NEXTEL.... business totally but where are they going and they are on a dead iDen network? Rim created a secure environment and slowly trying to merger into a consumer based arena while maintaining its Security of their device structure. How secure is iOS and Android compared to Blackberry?

When i buy my next phone its based on what i want/need of it to do for me. I am not influence by market shares or analyst dialogue since they are not giving me any discount on the device...lol.

I JUST LOVE MY BERRY!!!
    E92Vancouver likes this.
    05-26-11 03:34 PM
    RIM's not going out of business. The metrics I am sure they are worried about is ASP of their handsets, and total volume of handsets. Once the QNX phones are out they should be able to command more of a premium.
    05-26-11 03:40 PM
    Buying the stock vs Buying the phone. They both have different aspect to the NEED of the buyer and should never influenced either side of the table. I see your trying to look at this from a broad spectrum but your looking at it too broad my friend.

Why is it that all of the soon to be leaving blackberry user are always talking about the market instead of what the device can do for them when it comes to buying a smartphone? There is no one in the smartphone phone realm that offers the Security of the blackberry which what business and government needs to conduct business outside of the office.

RIM is a business minded company but lets look at it like this from then to now... IM's are a communication tool and RIM offered the best device to communicate and still offers one of the best tools with others trying to mirror (BBM). Now its not about just communication on these devices anymore its GAMES....so as i read from everybody comments of leaving or its not like Apple or Android is that they are about GAMES and while RIM is Business. RIM is moving into the gaming realm while the others are moving into the business realm. Different approaches with different customers meeting in the middle so we have different point of views.

If you need a comparison of a company outlook lets look at NEXTEL.... business totally but where are they going and they are on a dead iDen network? Rim created a secure environment and slowly trying to merger into a consumer based arena while maintaining its Security of their device structure. How secure is iOS and Android compared to Blackberry?

When i buy my next phone its based on what i want/need of it to do for me. I am not influence by market shares or analyst dialogue since they are not giving me any discount on the device...lol.

I JUST LOVE MY BERRY!!!
    What will be interesting, is to see when all these personal devices are "let in" to the corporate networks and then the first very large scale security issues occur. I mean anyone letting in iPhones might want to look at how Apple just reacted to MacDefender.
    DaNomadicOne likes this.
    05-26-11 03:45 PM
    With each passing day, the Blackberry is becoming less and less relevant. Their strength was mobile email and business customers paid dearly for mobile email synchronization. RIMM made tons of money but in milking this cow, totally missed the consumer market.

Apple and Android came out and offered email synchronization for free. By synchronization, I mean having your mobile email and PC email synchronized.

I used Gmail for my personal account and the synchronization is beautiful, instant and free. Gmail on a blackberry is archaic and a joke. Syncing between my Berry and PC takes hours and is never 100% accurate.

How can a blackberry handle gmail so poorly? Gmail on an ipad or iphone is on par with an Android device.

Android and Apple does apps and web surfing so much better than a blackberry. Their phones also offer wifi hotspot abilities (ie they can act as a wifi router).

It is only a matter of time before management at RIMM drive this company into the ground. Are you going to wait for the ship to sink before jumping off?

I can't see myself buying another blackberry. I enjoy my Android phone way more, every day.

My Android phone has free software that allows me to access any file on my PC. My Android phone has an app that automatically uploads any picture I take to my PC over wifi or the cell network.

Blackberries are archaic. When will you drop this brand of smartphone?

maybe you should read this

I Apologize To My BlackBerry - Quicker Better Tech - - Forbes
    05-26-11 03:45 PM
    Apple and Android came out and offered email synchronization for free. By synchronization, I mean having your mobile email and PC email synchronized.

I used Gmail for my personal account and the synchronization is beautiful, instant and free. Gmail on a blackberry is archaic and a joke. Syncing between my Berry and PC takes hours and is never 100% accurate.

How can a blackberry handle gmail so poorly? Gmail on an ipad or iphone is on par with an Android device.
    I use GMAIL for 3 of the 4 email accounts i have on my phone. I dont have a problem with it syncing to my laptop ever. Never lost a contact, email, or a Star for that matter. I think you really need to revisit the fact of why you purchased your berry. it sounds to me like you just moved on and seem to like the toys, bells and whistles more than the fact that the berry is tride and true to secure email and usage. yes there is no GOTOMYPC for the berry and VNC doesnt work well with it but it does work like its supposed too.
    Just my $0.02 take it for what its worth.
    05-26-11 04:24 PM
    What will be interesting, is to see when all these personal devices are "let in" to the corporate networks and then the first very large scale security issues occur. I mean anyone letting in iPhones might want to look at how Apple just reacted to MacDefender.
    Um, large companies have been allowing iphones and android for years. The IT admin can remote wipe, lock down the devices, use encryption from device to server, just like BES. I don't believe security is much of a differentiator any longer. The extensive IT policy rules available for BES is what still sets it apart in my mind.
    05-26-11 05:03 PM
    With supporters like us of Blackberry, it will not be a sinking ship. People are passionate about their Blackberry devices, and with passion, comes success. I've heard many peers talk about how their devices are better, but I wouldn't want any other device. I'm happy with my Blackberry, and no other devices interested me.

Long live Blackberry!
    05-26-11 05:32 PM
    I use GMAIL for 3 of the 4 email accounts i have on my phone. I dont have a problem with it syncing to my laptop ever. Never lost a contact, email, or a Star for that matter. I think you really need to revisit the fact of why you purchased your berry. it sounds to me like you just moved on and seem to like the toys, bells and whistles more than the fact that the berry is tride and true to secure email and usage. yes there is no GOTOMYPC for the berry and VNC doesnt work well with it but it does work like its supposed too.
    Just my $0.02 take it for what its worth.
    Are you saying that when you read an email on your PC it is marked as read on your Berry in real time? When you delete an email on your PC is it deleted from your Berry in real time? With Android and iphone it is. On my berry, the sync from the PC to the Berry takes several hours.
    05-26-11 05:54 PM
143 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD