With each passing day, the Blackberry is becoming less and less relevant. Their strength was mobile email and business customers paid dearly for mobile email synchronization. RIMM made tons of money but in milking this cow, totally missed the consumer market.

Apple and Android came out and offered email synchronization for free. By synchronization, I mean having your mobile email and PC email synchronized.

I used Gmail for my personal account and the synchronization is beautiful, instant and free. Gmail on a blackberry is archaic and a joke. Syncing between my Berry and PC takes hours and is never 100% accurate.

How can a blackberry handle gmail so poorly? Gmail on an ipad or iphone is on par with an Android device.

Android and Apple does apps and web surfing so much better than a blackberry. Their phones also offer wifi hotspot abilities (ie they can act as a wifi router).

It is only a matter of time before management at RIMM drive this company into the ground. Are you going to wait for the ship to sink before jumping off?

I can't see myself buying another blackberry. I enjoy my Android phone way more, every day.

My Android phone has free software that allows me to access any file on my PC. My Android phone has an app that automatically uploads any picture I take to my PC over wifi or the cell network.

Blackberries are archaic. When will you drop this brand of smartphone?
    05-25-11 07:30 PM
    When will you drop this brand of smartphone?
    If it becomes less secure at the device level (like iPhone or Android) or if its battery life becomes poor. I use BlackBerry for reliable push email, highly customizable notification profiles, great battery life, and device level security: AES encryption.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-11 08:01 PM
    If it becomes less secure at the device level (like iPhone or Android) or if its battery life becomes poor. I use BlackBerry for reliable push email, highly customizable notification profiles, great battery life, and device level security: AES encryption.

Yes, battery life on the Android and iphone is very poor compared to the Blackberry. I will give you that.
    05-25-11 08:02 PM
    I like my Blackberry. Why would I 'drop it'?

05-25-11 08:03 PM
    Forgot to mention ... I love BIS and the way I can use it to filter pushed emails for me.

05-25-11 08:04 PM
    I love my 9700. I love my playbook. I tried android...I dropped it. I didn't like it. It never dawned on me that my preference was anothers. Android is different but not better. I use what I want. I expect others to do the same. And for what it's worth, I intend to buy the 9900. My advice is to back away from the ledge and just buy and use what you like.
    05-25-11 08:10 PM
    I will drop my BlackBerry when it becomes just like an iPhone or an Android.

The email works just fine. I did two Google searches on my BB web browser while my friend only managed one on her iPhone. Same location, by the way. Same number of bars.

It does everything I want it to do, the sound quality is great, the applications I actually want and/or need work great. I love the keyboard. I love the build quality.

iPhones and Androids can be wonderful devices. So can BlackBerries. All three types of phones, however, can be woefully inadequate for specific users' needs.

E92, if you don't want another BB, that's fine. But saying that RIM is less and less relevant and that BBs are archaic is just pointless.
    05-25-11 08:10 PM
    Probably never and I don't really feel the need to explain again and again why.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    05-25-11 08:11 PM
    I will never switch to a different phone. I <3 blackberry.
    For myself and many other users, BlackBerry's work just fine. Why can't people understand that the things RIM is slow or behind with are not earth-shatteringly important to everybody. Every one of your issues are either inaccurate or non-issues for most people. As long as BlackBerry's keep doing what I need them to, I don't care if they sell two phones a year or the stock falls to 75 cents a share or Mike and Sillyballs have a naked love-in on national tv, I'll keep using them.

When will I give up on RIM? Unless they really go off the deep end and put out an entire lineup of unusable crap, probably when they're no longer selling phones. If worst case happens and they go belly-up while I still own one, I guess then I'll have to go find something else that works as well for me. But so far I haven't found it. Your gripes are not everybody else's gripes. If you want to jump off, then jump off. What the fudge do you care what anybody else does or when.

So now my question is, when will people like you give up starting nonsense, inflammatory threads like this one.
    At least if you drop your BB, it still has a chance of working afterwards.
    anon(73368) likes this.
    05-25-11 08:12 PM
    As far as I can see right now, I will never drop my Blackberry, especially my Torch. I love things how they are, I'm totally happy and I don't ever see myself with an Android or god-forbid an iPhone.
    05-25-11 08:14 PM
    What he said!
    05-25-11 08:29 PM
    I will drop my BlackBerry when it becomes just like an iPhone or an Android.

The email works just fine. I did two Google searches on my BB web browser while my friend only managed one on her iPhone. Same location, by the way. Same number of bars.

It does everything I want it to do, the sound quality is great, the applications I actually want and/or need work great. I love the keyboard. I love the build quality.

iPhones and Androids can be wonderful devices. So can BlackBerries. All three types of phones, however, can be woefully inadequate for specific users' needs.

E92, if you don't want another BB, that's fine. But saying that RIM is less and less relevant and that BBs are archaic is just pointless.
    I am getting frustrated with blackberry. They are good phones but Android and Apple do a lot of things better. It does not have to be this way. Why doesn't the management of RIM step it up? They don't have to win the race but it would be nice if they could stay on the same lap!

The more I use my Android or iphone the less I like my Blackberry.

BBM and the excellent keyboard of the Berry is keeping this device in my stable.
    05-25-11 09:00 PM
    For myself and many other users, BlackBerry's work just fine. Why can't people understand that the things RIM is slow or behind with are not earth-shatteringly important to everybody. Every one of your issues are either inaccurate or non-issues for most people. As long as BlackBerry's keep doing what I need them to, I don't care if they sell two phones a year or the stock falls to 75 cents a share or Mike and Sillyballs have a naked love-in on national tv, I'll keep using them.

When will I give up on RIM? Unless they really go off the deep end and put out an entire lineup of unusable crap, probably when they're no longer selling phones. If worst case happens and they go belly-up while I still own one, I guess then I'll have to go find something else that works as well for me. But so far I haven't found it. Your gripes are not everybody else's gripes. If you want to jump off, then jump off. What the fudge do you care what anybody else does or when.

So now my question is, when will people like you give up starting nonsense, inflammatory threads like this one.
    I am not being inflammatory. Just disappointed as a loyal RIMM customer. RIMM is going downhill and fast. The analyst hate it. They are losing market share and Android and Apple are eating their lunch.

A little unfortunate that an iconic brand like Blackberry, the company that created the smart phone with push email is going the way of the Dodo bird.

If I only ever owned a Berry, I would be in utopia. As I own an iphone (yes, I think Apple is evil) and an Android phone, I can see that Blackberry is out dated technology and not the best user experience out there.

Look at the falling stock price. Look at the falling market share. The reason for all this? Their products are becoming less relevant. They are bleeding edge as opposed to leading edge.
    05-25-11 09:07 PM
    I will give up my BlackBerry out of my cold dead hands. It does what I need it to do and does it well.

05-25-11 09:10 PM
    I am not being inflammatory. Just disappointed as a loyal RIMM customer. RIMM is going downhill and fast. The analyst hate it. They are losing market share and Android and Apple are eating their lunch.

A little unfortunate that an iconic brand like Blackberry, the company that created the smart phone with push email is going the way of the Dodo bird.

If I only ever owned a Berry, I would be in utopia. As I own an iphone (yes, I think Apple is evil) and an Android phone, I can see that Blackberry is out dated technology and not the best user experience out there.

Look at the falling stock price. Look at the falling market share. The reason for all this? Their products are becoming less relevant. They are bleeding edge as opposed to leading edge.
    You seem confused. It sounds like you want to use what you think other people want you to use...such as analysts and stock buyers...if you like android or apple then use it. I'm happy to tell you it isn't better...different but not better. If it is what you like and fits your needs better then use it. Otherwise you are sounding melodramatic in my opinion.
    05-25-11 09:21 PM
    I will stop buying blackberry's when someone makes a better device for my needs.

I need a Portrait keyboard
    I need small data footprint while traveling
    I need communication with my friends and family
    I need long lasting battery life

right now ONLY blackberry offers me all of that.
    90% of my family communication is with BBM,
    Kuhns likes this.
    05-25-11 09:29 PM
    When pigs Fly..that's when.
    05-25-11 09:32 PM

Analysts' opinions, stock price, market share, or what the majority of other smartphone users are buying have exactly zero bearing on how I and anyone else use a phone.

I have no problem whatsoever with how BlackBerry handles email.

I have tried iPhones several times - I don't like them as much as any BlackBerry I've ever owned, going back to my first Curve. Android offers me no reason to switch from BlackBerry, but quite a few reasons not to. Not getting into them line by line lest I be labeled a fanboy for stating what I dislike about it. It's not that I think Apple is evil or Android is whatever anybody else doesn't like about Android. The bottom line is, I think my BlackBerry provides the best user experience.

Again, your gripes are not everyone else's gripes; your best user experience is not everyone else's best user experience. You have an iPhone and an Android phone; if you dislike the BlackBerry so much, then DON'T USE IT.
    05-25-11 09:54 PM
    Exactly. I couldn't care less about "analysts" or stock buyers, what either one thinks about anything, or "market share" (some analyst buzz word, I suppose).

05-25-11 10:07 PM
    Blackberries are archaic. When will you drop this brand of smartphone?
    Why I dropped my Tour just today. Fell about 6 feet onto a concrete floor nonetheless. Still works great. About the 10th time I have done that. Interestingly, for contrast, a friend of mine dropped his fairly new HTC Incredible the other day and the screen would no longer come on. He had to shell out $500 for a new one. OUCH!
    05-25-11 10:07 PM
    When pigs Fly..that's when.
    Or once Duke Nukem Forever is released. Errr... wait a minute...
    05-25-11 10:10 PM

My biggest gripe with the iPhone was the lack of notification profiles... just that little switch on the side... vibrate, or ring....

with my blackberry i can have all notifications on, vibrate on, only notifications for certain types of messages / certain email accounts, only phone calls, and the list goes on.......

Yes, battery life on the Android and iphone is very poor compared to the Blackberry. I will give you that.
    Agreed !

I wouldn't "drop" my blackberry in the sense of switching to another platform, however if and when I do physically drop my device, i am sure it will stand up to more beatings that a droid...
    05-25-11 10:25 PM
    Give it up, E92. Not a single person in this thread agrees with you. I think you should be doing something more productive than trying to ask people when and telling them why they should be dropping their BlackBerrys. It really shouldn't matter to you. If it does, then you have issues.

Go cheer for the Canucks or something.
    dodger_moore likes this.
    05-25-11 10:30 PM
143 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD