Wondering how much they sold. Doubt they will categorize it under miscellaneous like apple did with their iwatches. Nobody knew how much they sold. That's when you know it's a flop. LOL!

Posted via CB10
    01-21-16 04:19 PM
    same like the priv i think if they would have been selling them left and right there would be reports of how well the thing has sold but nothing its unreal
    01-21-16 04:42 PM
    We'll learn more at the next ER - 1st April IIRC

Though, I'm not sure how much more we'll learn as BB are trying their hardest to be obscure. However, unless the total device sales are significantly north of the 700k of last quarter, the Priv won't be selling anywhere near enough to meet Chen's 5M/year break even point.

I have to say the mood music isn't encouraging. The complete absence of "sales meeting our expectations" announcements isn't a good sign. If the Priv really was selling like hot cakes... Well... you don't generally keep that kind of news to yourself!
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    01-22-16 02:18 AM
    All the poor indicators show it's not doing good and way less than Z10 and Passport did

Posted via CB10
    01-22-16 02:55 AM
    All the poor indicators show it's not doing good and way less than Z10 and Passport did

Posted via CB10
    Holy dirty street workers if this is true that's just absolutely terrible but it just might be true since it's just so expensive and BlackBerry themselves haven't even come close to saying anything about sales.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-16 07:20 AM
    Ha ha ha , you haters wish it was selling worse than the passport .....
    01-22-16 07:52 AM
    Ha ha ha , you haters wish it was selling worse than the passport .....
    I returned my Priv last week for repair (creakgate). The manager at the Rogers store said "I haven't seen this yet and we sell a lot of them. " I think they are doing pretty good numbers in Canada....not crazy numbers but they are holding their own. What we really need to see is respectable numbers from the US and other markets.

Time will tell
    01-22-16 08:05 AM
    We'll know in March. Sooner perhaps if a supplier leaks some info on parts shipments (# of screens sold or # of keyboards produced, something like that).

I'm cautiously optimistic.

BlackBerry Classic non-camera, Cricket Wireless
    01-22-16 08:27 AM

Posted via CB10
    What indicators?

Posted via CB10
    01-22-16 09:14 AM
    What indicators?

Posted via CB10
    Google Play downloads and selling inferences

Posted via CB10
    01-22-16 11:01 AM

Posted via CB10
    The Blackberry content transfer app is over 500000 downloads. Not sure what other apps you can use as a measure.

Posted via BlackBerry Priv
    01-22-16 11:25 AM
    The Blackberry content transfer app is over 500000 downloads. Not sure what other apps you can use as a measure.
    We did this.

The BB content transfer app is very old (3 years or more), and was originally intended to help Android folks transfer to BB10 IIRC. It's now been reversed to help BB10 guys move to Android (Priv).

TL,DR; Those download numbers imply nothing for Priv sales.
    01-22-16 11:39 AM

Posted via CB10
    You have to be kidding about the Google Play metrics.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-16 01:00 PM
    You have to be kidding about the Google Play metrics.

Posted via CB10
    Do you have any indicators it's selling well?

I look at Android Central.. crickets over in the PRIV section there.

I look at CrackBerry.... activity is ok, but nothing compared to the Passport. Never mind the BB10 faithful that believe Android is the death of BlackBerry.

I look at reviews on Amazon and AT&T.... like all BlackBerry devices that were mostly bought by fans only anyway, they are very positive. But the Passport had almost 500 reviews on Amazon after three months, the PRIV just has 50. (you could say that is due to AT&T having it out of the gate and they didn't have the passport)

S too be honest, we don't know how sales are going. Until we get the next ER, we won't "know". Of course even then it won't reflect much of Verizon's sales and there are still other markets going live..... so Chen will I'm sure point out that they are only now able to see their full potential, thus making everyone wait to June to see how sales are "really" going.
    JeepBB likes this.
    01-22-16 01:24 PM

I look at CrackBerry.... activity is ok, but nothing compared to the Passport. Never mind the BB10 faithful that believe Android is the death of BlackBerry.

I look at reviews on Amazon and AT&T.... like all BlackBerry devices that were mostly bought by fans only anyway, they are very positive. But the Passport had almost 500 reviews on Amazon after three months, the PRIV just has 50.

Too be honest, we don't know how sales are going. Until we get the next ER, we won't "know". Of course even then it won't reflect much of Verizon's sales and there are still other markets going live..... so Chen will I'm sure point out that they are only now able to see their full potential, thus making everyone wait to June to see how sales are "really" going.
    You do realize that the Passport wasn't available to AT&T until sometime after it was available to Amazon?

Most unlocked Amazon Passports sold were to those who were AT&T customers.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

You do realize that AT&T had the PRIV before Amazon this time around? One would hope so.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-16 01:28 PM

I look at reviews on Amazon and AT&T.... like all BlackBerry devices that were mostly bought by fans only anyway, they are very positive. But the Passport had almost 500 reviews on Amazon after three months, the PRIV just has 50. (you could say that is due to AT&T having it out of the gate and they didn't have the passport)

S too be honest, we don't know how sales are going. Until we get the next ER, we won't "know". Of course even then it won't reflect much of Verizon's sales and there are still other markets going live..... so Chen will I'm sure point out that they are only now able to see their full potential, thus making everyone wait to June to see how sales are "really" going.
    The most basic indicator that sales are at least up to BlackBerry expectations is that BlackBerry will release another Android BlackBerry device this year. Pretty good for a hardware division in question.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-16 01:36 PM
    They won't. They will wrap the Priv sales up with BBOS and BB10 phone sales.
    JeepBB and phuoc like this.
    01-22-16 01:37 PM
    The most basic indicator that sales are at least up to BlackBerry expectations is that BlackBerry will release another Android BlackBerry device this year. Pretty good for a hardware division in question.

Posted via CB10
    OH. That worked out great with BB10 devices. They released the Silver Passport because Passport sales were so great.
    01-22-16 01:39 PM
    OH. That worked out great with BB10 devices. They released the Silver Passport because Passport sales were so great.
    I would assume sales of the PRIV are horrible. First AT&T exclusivity.....next T Moblile. Lastly Sprint and Verizon.........All supporting a product that is in the dumps.

Come on really people?

Posted via CB10
    01-22-16 01:45 PM
    I would assume sales of the PRIV are horrible. First AT&T exclusivity.....next T Moblile. Lastly Sprint and Verizon.........All supporting a product that is in the dumps.

Come on really people?

Posted via CB10
    They sold BB10 devices in the past didn't they? How did that turn out into sales?
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    01-22-16 01:47 PM
    They sold BB10 devices in the past didn't they? How did that turn out into sales?
    "Product" across the board(all carriers)? Or "products" across the board(all carriers)?

Posted via CB10
    01-22-16 01:50 PM
    Given the price, I'd be surprised if they sold many at all.
    phuoc likes this.
    01-22-16 01:53 PM
    They won't. They will wrap the Priv sales up with BBOS and BB10 phone sales.
    Yup, that's exactly what they'll do.

However, that attempt at obscurity won't work completely. Trying to hide behind the skimpy cover provided by what I expect to be pitiful BBOS & BB10 sales numbers is unlikely to be very successful.

They have to declare in the ER the total devices sold, even if they don't have to break it down by OS. If that total isn't (say) twice the pitiful 700K that was sold last quarter, then devices aren't selling at even close to the numbers BB say it has to do. As I doubt BB10 sales will increase this quarter (do you? ), the lion's share of the sales is likely down to the Priv. And Chen needs to move 1.25M/quarter to meet his own breakeven criteria. Any less, and BB Hardware likely goes bye-bye within 2016.

If the April ER and the July ER sales figures aren't achieving that 5M/year floor, then hardware isn't profitable and Chen has already stated what he'll do if hardware isn't profitable.
    01-22-16 02:12 PM
    Yup, that's exactly what they'll do.

However, that attempt at obscurity won't work completely. Trying to hide behind the skimpy cover provided by what I expect to be pitiful BBOS & BB10 sales numbers is unlikely to be very successful.

They have to declare in the ER the total devices sold, even if they don't have to break it down by OS. If that total isn't (say) twice the pitiful 700K that was sold last quarter, then devices aren't selling at even close to the numbers BB say it has to do. As I doubt BB10 sales will increase this quarter (do you? ), the lion's share of the sales is likely down to the Priv. And Chen needs to move 1.25M/quarter to meet his own breakeven criteria. Any less, and BB Hardware likely goes bye-bye within 2016.

If the April ER and the July ER sales figures aren't achieving that 5M/year floor, then hardware isn't profitable and Chen has already stated what he'll do if hardware isn't profitable.
    Chen was either an ID10T or a genius to say that he would stop making hardware if they didn't make money. If he actually wanted to sell hardware, he would be an ID10T as this statement only makes people give a second thought about buying a phone that a company may stop making. If he didn't want to sell hardware, then he is a genius as it would guarantee that people wouldn't buy the phones for the same reason.

So which is he? A genius or ID10T for making that statement and continuing to do so.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-22-16 02:28 PM