Why would you take that picture? Looks like you need to clean your lens anyway.

Who cares what anyone thinks of your phone? If you care about that, you're using the wrong phone!
    12-14-14 08:11 AM
    This is was not a slick moment to show off your passport... it ended up being.... the guy that looks like "Wtf is he doing " moment.

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB, donnation and Rello like this.
    12-14-14 08:18 AM
    I would buy the man in this picture a coffee to hear his side of this story.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    12-14-14 08:18 AM
    When will people learn-efruz.jpg
    Looking forward to your next journal entry.

Posted via CB10
    Attached Thumbnails When will people learn-e77.jpg  
    12-14-14 10:53 AM
    People like the OP are doing far more harm to BlackBerry than good.

Who in their right mind would go up to a man that they don't know who was minding his own business and shove their phone into his face after photographing him from the rear without his knowledge?

Seriously, what in the world were you thinking when you did this? That man was simply using his phone. Who are you to do what you did because of that?

I truly wish some BlackBerry users would switch platforms. BlackBerry fanatics who act like this only make all BlackBerry users in general seem like weirdos and drive non users further away from the brand.

The saddest part of it all is you actually came on to this site and bragged about having done this. Like do you actually think the way you behaved is something to be bragging about?
    The OP didn't state that he started the convo or "shoved" his phone down his throat. Calm down people, he's just a proud passport owner.

C002EFE5D The KUQO Group ..... Learn how to detect lies.
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    12-14-14 12:17 PM
    Are you really proud of being a narcissistic jerk OP ? Your lame attempt to look superior just makes you look stupid.
    12-14-14 06:39 PM
    I agree that the OP was being a little obnoxious. The pore guy was just trying to watch his sorts in peace and the OP obviously felt the need to shove his Passport in this pore guys face in order to make himself appear superior because of what phone he use s. I know I don't appreciate it, it's like when apple and android fan boys come here to Crackberry and try to convince us how sh**y our phones are and how much better theirs are. They're just being a** holes and not worth the time of day.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 07:21 PM
    So you are proud of acting like a total jerk because someone enjoys and uses a different product than you great job
    12-14-14 07:26 PM
    Well, what's the point of doing that? If I were the old man, I would react the same.

EDIT: I think that what you originally posted and your acclaration later are still incongruent. I mean, why does the old man got mad because it was a BB? (Not that I would expect cheers and happiness, I would be indifferent). The point is to keep your phone with you and only show it when they are interested...
    Last edited by WolfangAukang; 12-14-14 at 08:57 PM.
    12-14-14 07:49 PM
    I just had to take a pic of this person at a a local Starbucks. Here's the situation:

Thursday evening by the fire at Starbucks
    Gentlemen in his mid 50's with his iPhone
    He's straining to see the screen
    He's looking at a sports app
    I'm a proud Passport owner and snap the pic
    I sit beside him and goto my sports app
    He looks over in disbelief and asks "what's that"
    I humbly reply that it's the new BlackBerry Passport
    He grunts like he just watched a gruesome event
    I chuckle to myself as he walks away like the Passport is a contagious pathogen.

It's funny really when you think about how closed minded most human beings are. Makes you wonder how we've evolved this far at all...
    Attachment 320168

Posted using my amazing Passport
    I'm unsure about closed minded, as I could with my next sentence your initial thought of this old man in his 50's could be considered the same. Humans of any age are creatures of habit. We learn and adjust based on what we know and what we know is through learned actions that becomes habit. Never forget this - it's starts from eating solid foods to walking, to learning to talk (words are spoken to us repetitively from parents and those around us), to running, holding cups to cursive writing learning our jobs etc. All done through repeated tasks.

That said you need to pontificate this - is intelligence by its definition flawed in common use and understanding? Seriously. Another thought to consider is maybe this older gentleman has quickly surmised that learning an entirely new mobile ID will take considerable time, frustrate him, he may not know anyone that uses it, has probably earned BlackBerry is going out of business, and is retired so all the things WE as fans and users know very well about BlackBerry and fight an seemingly endless unrewarded battle maybe all of this is something he's just not willing to spend the next several months over to resolve!

Then again he may have stock in Apple, paying for his daily needs during retirement and/or he's just not in the mood to go through all the things you, myself, or any member of this forum could feed to him about BlackBerry and just be listening more than watching the game. Remember you said he's in his 50ks this generation just shy of 9 yrs older than myself liked to listen and read a LOT more than watching videos.

PS: after all he is at Starbucks - if you know about apple or Starbucks a simple moment of A-Ha should come ove r you by now

Cheers.

BlackBerry - Accept no substitute. Period!
    mithrazor likes this.
    12-14-14 09:03 PM
    Looks like the man in the picture is sitting facing the wall, which gives the impression he doesn't want to be bothered. Also, it is hard to sit next to him. Isle on one side, and the little table on the other. Also, there seems to be the front of a shoe (boot) visible on the floor on the left, suggesting somebody might have been sitting there already (can't be the OP, since he is taking the picture)!

Is it possible the OP shoved the guy and squeezed into the same chair right next to him?? :-)

I think the man in the picture ran out to get the police!!!! :-)
    12-14-14 09:34 PM
    I just had to take a pic of this person at a a local Starbucks. Here's the situation:

Thursday evening by the fire at Starbucks
    Gentlemen in his mid 50's with his iPhone
    He's straining to see the screen
    He's looking at a sports app
    I'm a proud Passport owner and snap the pic
    I sit beside him and goto my sports app
    He looks over in disbelief and asks "what's that"
    I humbly reply that it's the new BlackBerry Passport
    He grunts like he just watched a gruesome event
    I chuckle to myself as he walks away like the Passport is a contagious pathogen.

It's funny really when you think about how closed minded most human beings are. Makes you wonder how we've evolved this far at all...
    Attachment 320168

Posted using my amazing Passport
    And this is how restraining orders get filed.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 05:47 AM
62 123