Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 07:08 PM
    When you buy a priv!
    Otherwise it won't be coming to BB10 phones.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 07:09 PM
    What make you think it will be able to download? May want to search the forum to see how many times this topic has been posted.
    11-04-15 07:43 PM
    Soon

Posted via CB10
    Maxxie24 likes this.
    11-04-15 07:50 PM
    Its available now.
    11-04-15 08:00 PM
    i would say never. Dont count on any previous devices ever getting android.
    11-04-15 08:06 PM
    Go into settings...Software Updates...hold your breath...tap "Check For Updates".

Posted via CB10
    AL8x B likes this.
    11-04-15 08:20 PM
    If you want android buy a Priv

Posted via CB10
    BerrySoul likes this.
    11-04-15 09:17 PM
    i would say never. Dont count on any previous devices ever getting android.
    Especially if BB wants to cut its own throat by not at least giving the current BB 10 device owners the option of the Android OS. IMO, it can be done IF BB has the will to do it. If they don't, I doubt if they'll survive in the handset market. The ball is in BB's court right now. If I was to bet, given their recent lack of customer support, they won't offer it and BB as we know it will be soon gone.
    11-04-15 09:21 PM
    When you buy a priv!
    Otherwise it won't be coming to BB10 phones.

Posted via CB10
    Aw! You beat me to it. =0)
    11-04-15 09:26 PM
    Read Kevin's interview with Ron Louks. He actually said that the Priv was set up to ensure a smooth transition for current Android users of other devices. No mention of making BB10 users feel at home. LOL.
    Asvertus and cgk like this.
    11-04-15 09:32 PM
    Especially if BB wants to cut its own throat by not at least giving the current BB 10 device owners the option of the Android OS. IMO, it can be done IF BB has the will to do it. If they don't, I doubt if they'll survive in the handset market. The ball is in BB's court right now. If I was to bet, given their recent lack of customer support, they won't offer it and BB as we know it will be soon gone.
    there is no incentive to do it at all. From sales to tech support, there just isnt enough value in doing it at all
    11-04-15 09:37 PM
    there is no incentive to do it at all. From sales to tech support, there just isnt enough value in doing it at all
    The only incentive is if they want to stay in business. IMO, without their present customer base, they won't survive in the Android market place. I may be wrong, but if they don't offer something substantial to present BB 10 owners, I'm betting they'll be gone the way of the Dodo bird pretty quick. This from a guy that's owned BB since the 7130. They have to step up for us now....
    BerrySoul and TCB on Z10 like this.
    11-04-15 09:42 PM
    The only incentive is if they want to stay in business. IMO, without their present customer base, they won't survive in the Android market place. I may be wrong, but if they don't offer something substantial to present BB 10 owners, I'm betting they'll be gone the way of the Dodo bird pretty quick. This from a guy that's owned BB since the 7130. They have to step up for us now....
    They have the PRIV...buy it! You make no sense....that is "substantial" to the bb10 owners. Give them an android ROM to run on old hardware doesnt get them any money. Buying the new device surely does. You want the hard truth...BB doesnt give a damn about people using bb10. They want people to buy the new PRIV and they want to sell software.
    mkelley65 and trsbbs like this.
    11-04-15 09:48 PM
    I agree..you bought a BB10 phone, so did I knowing it wasn't Android!
    It's unrealistic (and unwanted by many) to expect BlackBerry to migrate current BB10 phones to Android.
    That doesn't even account for the fact that technically it probably isn't something feasible to roll-out with an over the air update.

Posted via CB10
    Notna Nosyel and BerrySoul like this.
    11-04-15 09:54 PM
    They have the PRIV...buy it! You make no sense....that is "substantial" to the bb10 owners. Give them an android ROM to run on old hardware doesnt get them any money. Buying the new device surely does. You want the hard truth...BB doesnt give a damn about people using bb10. They want people to buy the new PRIV and they want to sell software.
    I agree with you that they appear to not care about their current BB 10 users. But if they continue that line of thought, I repeat, I believe they're done. They won't survive selling a "few" Priv's in today's market place. Sorry I'm not making sense to you. I don't know how I can make my opinion any clearer? I, and many others won't be buying a Priv given BB's track record, first with the Playbook and now with BB 10. Fool me once, ok; make a fool of me twice, not so much. They did it to themselves...
    Q10Bold and BerrySoul like this.
    11-04-15 09:55 PM
    I am amaze on how this forum has transformed from an Android hater to an Android lover. Lol. Buy an Android phone to get the feel of it than going to the trouble of downloading an OS that is not compatible with BB10.

Posted via CB10
    Donvald and BerrySoul like this.
    11-04-15 10:08 PM
    Who wants that?. When will the BB Priv be ready for us users to download BB 10 Os ?

  
    AL8x B likes this.
    11-04-15 10:58 PM
    If you want the frustration of Android go get an android... don't make the rest of us that have chosen bb10. And don't want android forced to use it

Posted via CB10
    BerrySoul and AllanQuatermain like this.
    11-05-15 02:17 AM
    I don't think an Android autoloader for BB10 devices will ever be released, for reasons already stated by others in this thread. I wonder, though, whether one for the Passport might get (tactically) leaked. We know that some kind of Android installation for the Passport exists, because we've seen it in video. If it were to be tactically leaked, there would be no obligation to support it. Doing this would be a quiet way for BlackBerry to see if there's any interest in an Android Passport, assuming they could track how many installed it and kept it.

It's a stretch, I know. If the Android version for Passport is really half-baked, there's no upside to leaking it, and they're certainly not about to sink money into finishing it. Just sayin.
    app_Developer likes this.
    11-05-15 08:34 AM
    I think BB is more interested in users buying a BB Android phone then keeping their old phone and releasing a update to switch OS. Maybe all new BB10 phones will allow the switch but I'm not counting on it. I will admit however it would be pretty sweet to be able to switch between BB10 and android on all BB handsets even with the Priv.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 11:26 AM
    Just as soon as hell freezes over.
    11-05-15 11:32 AM
    It'll be ready next week. But only in naija.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 11:40 AM
    People be asking these questions like they know it's gonna happen lol

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 12:37 PM
    I don't think an Android autoloader for BB10 devices will ever be released, for reasons already stated by others in this thread. I wonder, though, whether one for the Passport might get (tactically) leaked. We know that some kind of Android installation for the Passport exists, because we've seen it in video. If it were to be tactically leaked, there would be no obligation to support it. Doing this would be a quiet way for BlackBerry to see if there's any interest in an Android Passport, assuming they could track how many installed it and kept it.

It's a stretch, I know. If the Android version for Passport is really half-baked, there's no upside to leaking it, and they're certainly not about to sink money into finishing it. Just sayin.
    Same or similar thoughts here... Andro-Loaders... leaking! :-)

 Priv New (Chendroid) World...? :-| 
    11-05-15 04:29 PM
39 12