June!!!!!! WMC in March will give us more answers.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-15 12:13 AM
    June!!!!!! WMC in March will give us more answers.

Posted via CB10
    BB aren't on the list of exhibitors at WMC.
    02-15-15 09:33 AM
    Must be an awesome roadmap! Hopefully they will have something that is a worthy Z30 upgrade. If they stay focused on PKB and don't have a true all touch, higher end device then they will have lost a long time customer when time to move on from the Z30. People want all touch in the enterprise too, and not a device running Z10 or hair better than Z10 specs.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-15 08:47 PM
    Must be an awesome roadmap! Hopefully they will have something that is a worthy Z30 upgrade. If they stay focused on PKB and don't have a true all touch, higher end device then they will have lost a long time customer when time to move on from the Z30. People want all touch in the enterprise too, and not a device running Z10 or hair better than Z10 specs.

Posted via CB10
    As I said elsewhere, I guess there's nothing to stop Chen swinging by WMC and holding a press conference nearby, but I doubt that would give an good impression of BB's commitment to consumer HW.

I'm a little surprised actually. How much can a booth filled with suits, Passports and Classics at WMC possibly cost versus the message that a no-show sends?

Simply by being there, gives a strong "we're not dead (yet)" message. Not being there sends a "the consumer space doesn't figure in our future plans" message.
    02-16-15 04:47 AM
    As I said elsewhere, I guess there's nothing to stop Chen swinging by WMC and holding a press conference nearby, but I doubt that would give an good impression of BB's commitment to consumer HW.

I'm a little surprised actually. How much can a booth filled with suits, Passports and Classics at WMC possibly cost versus the message that a no-show sends?

Simply by being there, gives a strong "we're not dead (yet)" message. Not being there sends a "the consumer space doesn't figure in our future plans" message.
    Unfortunately they need more than appearances to tech events to change the we're not dead message. Frankly they would be better off killing off BlackBerry brand and resurfacing as some other brand. Most people on the street don't know what CES or MWC is, but most seem to know that "BlackBerry is Dead", or wish it was.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-15 05:38 AM
    What! I thought they were reported to be there to reveal the rio and other devices.
    I'm quite disappointed. I was looking forward to seeing what blackberry will offer since I'm in the last year before my upgrade

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    02-16-15 08:31 AM
    What! I thought they were reported to be there to reveal the rio and other devices.
    I'm quite disappointed. I was looking forward to seeing what blackberry will offer since I'm in the last year before my upgrade

I looked on the official MWC 2015 website last week at the list of exhibitors. Didn't see "BlackBerry" under the B's, and a search for "BlackBerry" (today) says no results.

As to the Rio, etc; while I've seen many rumours, I've yet to see a definitive statement from BB that new handsets are imminent.
    Last edited by JeepBB; 02-16-15 at 09:28 AM.
    02-16-15 09:04 AM
    None of BB10 devices got popular enough to justify future investments in hardware development. Classic and Passport sales definitely not going well, it's hard to see a single one around, carriers have just a few on stock, some don't even bother to offer BlackBerry products. I personally don't expect any new BlackBerry devices.
    early2bed likes this.
    02-16-15 10:25 AM

BlackBerry will be there and CEO Chen will make an announcement. Bla1ze even posted an article on it on CB a few months ago.

Posted via CB10 from my spectacular BlackBerry Passport
    02-16-15 01:07 PM
    BlackBerry will be there and CEO Chen will make an announcement. Bla1ze even posted an article on it on CB a few months ago.

Posted via CB10 from my spectacular BlackBerry Passport
    Nope. BlackBerry won't be there, though Chen may indeed fly in to make an announcement.

All the companies registered as exhibitors are "there", BB isn't one of those companies according to the list of exhibitors.

And, if I were the organisers of MWC, I'd be somewhat offended at being treated as a mere backdrop for a BB PR stunt.
    02-17-15 03:52 AM
    At last year's MWC, John Chen's Classic announcement was done in what looks like a regular conference room. They were on a podium and you could see the ceiling. If your not an exhibitor then I guess you can still have a press conference. If they really want the media there then they had better strongly hint that there will be some new hardware.

When is the next BlackBerry smartphone due?-blackberry-john-chen-crop.jpg
    02-17-15 09:28 AM
36 12