hey,

Ok so i sync using outlook with the internet service (not enterprise). When i sync, it comes up with a conflict that all items prior to 1 week are deleted on my blackberry and on my outlook. I want to save all of my calender appointment forever until I delete them. I went into the calender options on my blackberry and set keep appointments forever, and it still has the problem and is deleting my appointments on outlook. I have the latest software 4.3. I dont know what else to do as i need these appointments saved in the past, and I now cant sync as it will delete all of them... I tried looking at many other posts but nothing seems to resolve this.. any help? thanks
    02-23-08 03:14 PM
    I am in te same boat as you, I need my past calender appointments and I just lost it all except for the past week.
    03-05-08 10:05 AM
    I've the same problem. In the DM I have activated the sync all option, but now my whole calender in outlook is deleted.
    04-27-08 05:45 AM
    Same problem� what I do is use Google Calendar, sync it with my Curve OTA and also with Outlook (which at the end serves as a backup) with Google Sync� sounds weird, but after a couple of problems with deletion issues is what have worked for me. Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-08 06:35 AM
    I take it in the Desktop Manager there is no 'setting' per se' for Outlook Calendar? Rather weird that it would delete older than a week items...

I wonder if resending the service books would help...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-08 06:44 AM
    When you are in the BB calendar you need to configure it correctly to keep your appointments on the BB.

Options -> Keep Appointments

Change it to the desired time. I have mine set to "Forever".

More than likely you have it set to 15 days.

On Desktop Manager make sure you have it set so that it confirms changes before you commit them.
    Last edited by jc34; 04-27-08 at 07:41 AM.
    04-27-08 07:31 AM
    I had restore my outlook and synched everything again. Till now it works fine. I had activated the entry "keep forever" in my blackberry, and synch all in the DM.
    But this time I've choosen the alert if entries are deleted
    04-29-08 03:23 AM
    I want to save all of my calender appointment forever until I delete them. I went into the calender options on my blackberry and set keep appointments forever, and it still has the problem and is deleting my appointments on outlook. I have the latest software 4.3. I dont know what else to do as i need these appointments saved in the past, and I now cant sync as it will delete all of them... I tried looking at many other posts but nothing seems to resolve this.. any help?
    I found that in the sync options, when you initially set up your blackberry, you want to set up a two way sync and set it to 'Transfer all scheduled items', but after the initial set up, change your setting to 'Transfer only future items'. This way, as your blackberry deletes older items, it will only sync future items in your outlook and won't delete older items. This worked for me. And what a huge pain it was to figure that out!!!

Hope that helps.

Jenn
    04-29-08 08:47 AM
    I STILL dont understand why it deleted all of the older appts on my blackberry when I have it set to keep FOREVER. Is this a bug that needs to be addressed or is it something that I am missing? PLS help....
    05-18-08 01:31 PM
    I had the same issues. Just did the "keep forever" on my BB and also the "transfer future items" in the manager. Thank you all for the great help!
    05-18-08 02:17 PM
    I had the same issues. Just did the "keep forever" on my BB and also the "transfer future items" in the manager. Thank you all for the great help!
    Yes, but my BB still deletes all the old appt.'s. I did a work around by re-syncing my outlook and overwriting my BB but that was a pain and who knows how long it is going to last.
    05-18-08 04:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD