do u think they will recover, i heard the bb london will not outdue apple since they will release the i phone 4 quad core... when do u think they will hit rock bottom...is blackberry worth investing in?
    02-02-12 02:25 AM
    Yup, now is the best time to invest.
    02-02-12 02:29 AM
    do u think they will recover, i heard the bb london will not outdue apple since they will release the i phone 4 quad core... when do u think they will hit rock bottom...is blackberry worth investing in?
    No, I don't think they will recover - They are too far behind anyone else. by the time they get their BB-10 devices out Apple and everyone else will already have something better so it seems like RIM will always be behind.
    Caymancroc likes this.
    02-02-12 03:33 AM
    i was hearing that when the stock dropped to 50 dollars, and i heard that same quote again when it hit 35
    Caymancroc likes this.
    02-02-12 03:43 AM
    i wish blackberry will get there act together, be innovative and offer the most powerful devices...if apple offers something, try to offer something with similar specifications especially if its an all touch screen device!!!
    02-02-12 03:47 AM
    No, I don't think they will recover - They are too far behind anyone else. by the time they get their BB-10 devices out Apple and everyone else will already have something better so it seems like RIM will always be behind.
    I, like you, have Androids & BBs & an iPhone (& a WebOS phone & a WP7 phone). Guess which one I use (by far) the most? I'll give you a hint: it's not the iPhone or any of the androids or the WP7 or the WebOS.

You know why that is? Because RIM is not even behind right now, they just get a bad rap in NA because the blogosphere loves to hate on them. Depending on what you want out of your phones BBs can definitely be the best phone on the market right now.

So where I'm going with this is you saying "Apple and everyone else will already have something better" is a meaningless statement. You are just saying that you are guessing that you will probably like the iPhone 5 (that is actually the 6th iPhone) better than the new BB10 BB's, but that doesn't mean they will actually Be better, just that you think you will probably like them better.

My opinion? I feel my 9810 is the best phone on the market (certainly way better than the iPhone 4S) and my PB is the best tablet on the market, so when RIM takes the strengths of both and puts them into their upcoming BB10 phones they have the potential of creating something great.

And in answer to the original question: Now would be the time to buy RIMM. It's already going up, but it is still nice and low, so get it while you can.
    02-02-12 03:52 AM
    On a technical basis (chart technical analysis) 1,550 is a good price to buy RIMM as there is strong support at this level.

Since yesterday 1st Feb RIMM has 'pulled back' so wait for more upside to buy.

If you don't want to wait for 1,550 *if it falls. Buy now & halve your potential investment and double your stop loss.

The fundamentals are behind RIMM recently too with the new Ceo aswell as the BB10 device unveiled.

*markets can stay irrational for longer than we can stay solvent*
    02-02-12 04:12 AM
    i was hearing that when the stock dropped to 50 dollars, and i heard that same quote again when it hit 35
    Same here. The question isnt "has it hit bottom" because nobody outside of a psychic can now that. The question is, is the stock price at a good value? Given the earning of the company and its potential to increase them. It certainly is trading below book value now, and at a historic low of around 6x earnings.

So as far as the company balance sheet goes it is a good price... but so was $20 and $30/share, its just an even cheaper price now. That said, the real question is, do you think RIM will continue increasing earnings? If so, buy. And if the stock price drops further, that just means you can buy more at a cheaper price.
    02-02-12 05:23 AM
    I had a dream last night that upon release of BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet OS 2.0 the RIIM shares reached CAD61.00 per share and the market was abuzz including very favorable media coverage. In the dream I was in some public place that had some news network broadcast on video displays and the media was very positive about the comeback of Research In Motion. It was just a dream while in REM state so take it for what a dream is worth. Though my dreams tend be reveal events that are soon (1 day to 1 year) to happen.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    02-02-12 05:24 AM
    If Research In Motion offered a dividend it would be the greatest investment opportunity since the first oil company offered shares for sale to the public.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    02-02-12 05:26 AM
    I had a dream last night that upon release of BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet OS 2.0 the RIIM shares reached CAD61.00 per share and the market was abuzz including very favorable media coverage. In the dream I was in some public place that had some news network broadcast on video displays and the media was very positive about the comeback of Research In Motion. It was just a dream while in REM state so take it for what a dream is worth. Though my dreams tend be reveal events that are soon (1 day to 1 year) to happen.
    Solid investment advice I have just quadruppled my holdings of RIM based on this and advise everyone else to do so too.
    peter9477 likes this.
    02-02-12 05:28 AM
    You may find usefull this (quite huge in quantity & quality) post : http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...shares-666490/ (also in my signature)
    02-02-12 05:33 AM
    My old Dad used to say "The best time to buy stocks is just before they go up". Of course picking that time is part of the gamble.
    peter9477 and teeuwen like this.
    02-02-12 05:34 AM
    Short term: close to BB10 release
    Long term: now
    02-02-12 05:44 AM
    RIMM has lots of positive reasons to buy its stock now. I see only one negative. Am I not understanding? - Please tell me I am wrong -

The timetable of BlackBerry releases shows a large BB7 update for all phones this summer, but no BB10 phones until sometime in 2013?
    02-02-12 06:16 AM
    You should buy now if the stock price increases in the future. Don't buy now if the stock price decreases in the future. This is the key to all stock market speculation.

Good luck.
    peter9477 likes this.
    02-02-12 06:18 AM
    The TMX doesn't think RIMM is doing that bad...
    02-02-12 06:55 AM
    Its a tech stock. Maybe it will make a comeback like Apple. Maybe it will go the way of Nokia.
    But Mike Lazaridis, who might have a good idea of how things are going, recently bought more shares:
    Mike Lazaridis ups his shares
    And so did Fairfax Financial the company controlled by shrewd investor Prem Watsa:
    Prem Watsa's Fairfax ups RIM stake
    02-02-12 08:17 AM
    Its a tech stock. Maybe it will make a comeback like Apple. Maybe it will go the way of Nokia.
    But Mike Lazaridis, who might have a good idea of how things are going, recently bought more shares:
    Mike Lazaridis ups his shares
    And so did Fairfax Financial the company controlled by shrewd investor Prem Watsa:
    Prem Watsa's Fairfax ups RIM stake
    Using Mike Lazaridis' decisions and ideas as a benchmark or an indicator isn't exactly a wise move.
    02-02-12 09:33 AM
    I bought a couple of weeks ago and the stock has gone up 3% since then. When (if) OS2 comes out in a couple of weeks, it should go up more (or down if OS2 isn't released )

Personally, I think Apple is in for a world of hurt with the loss of Steve Jobs. Look what happened to them when the board fired him a couple of decades ago. Apple nearly when bankrupt until they hired Jobs back. Tim Cook did a decent job of holding things together when Jobs had his medical leaves, but those were short term. Only time will tell if he can maintain things there.

Android, that is another story. Who knows where that is going to go.
    02-02-12 09:46 AM
    Using Mike Lazaridis' decisions and ideas as a benchmark or an indicator isn't exactly a wise move.
    Mike Lazaridis' net worth is about $800 million. What's yours?
    02-02-12 11:48 AM
    I believe that the best time to purchase RIM stock is when insiders begin purchasing. Until recently, no insiders have purchased stock over the past two years. Recently we have Watsa and Lazaradis stacking major claims collectively. When insiders begin purchasing, maybe you should too
    02-02-12 11:55 AM
    With the old adage being "Buy Low...Sell High" I would say now is the time to buy. I bought back in (sold in the low 60s) when RIMM dropped below 15. I hope we don't see that low again...

Buy now and get ready for the ride!
    02-02-12 12:25 PM
    Mike Lazaridis' net worth is about $800 million. What's yours?
    So is Kim Kardashians. I am not going to take her advice either.
    mdarscott and bjacob like this.
    02-02-12 01:35 PM
    I thought it was a good buy at $70 and then $50 and then at $35 and then it dropped below $35 and I was so glad I didn't buy. I was patient to see what happened. Then I got an iPhone and now I clearly see why they are tanking.

Another three family members got rid of their BB in the past week and got iPhones. The damage is still being done and like I said before in posts last year the real damage is just starting. RIM is in survival mode. They are grasping for straws at this point.

Chairwoman on Bloomberg doing damage control (Board will change) and big Investor buying tons of stock trying to instill confidence. Thanks but no thanks. I will take my chances with other winning companies.
    02-02-12 01:59 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD