I am wrong. You are right.
    You can't change my opinion, and I'm not trying to change the opinion of others.

Enjoy guys!
    Wow. Thats something my 9 year old says. Ok you win. Not going to argue with someone who's name is madbrad.
    Last edited by tjseaman; 05-08-12 at 09:49 PM.
    05-08-12 09:47 PM
    While I do believe that the word "device" encompasses both phones and tablets, I think the OP was referring only to phones.
    Me too. But I think the OP is just trying to stir some sh!t to be honest. (Apologies to the OP otherwise -- but I am sorry that is how it looks).

A veiled method to troll. Ask a seemingly innocent question that you already know the answer to. In this case follow up with seemingly innocent responses like... "gee you mean all these other phones have had FF cams for a long time now and BB still has none. Well golly gee. That's kind of a downer. Huh?". Then watch the flames fly as the "sides" duke it out.

I mean Wikipedia has the history of all BlackBerry devices period. Anyone needing to research about these topics and get some credible sourced "facts" would be going there anyway. Not just asking for out of the blue responses on CB.

That's my opinion anyway.
    05-08-12 09:50 PM
    Wow. Thats something my 9 year old says. Ok you win. Not going to argue with someone who's name is madbrad.
    C'mon. Why do you have to get personal by equating my statement with a 9 year old.
    Just because I do not care to continue arguing over this.
    I see that some people just feed off of these things.

I would rather say "I give", than argue all evening about this.
    It's not that serious. If you think it is so serious, you may have the problem.
    I have a life outside of a CB thread, and need to tend to it.

You can disagree with me. I'm not stopping you.

Don't worry about my user name... ... Er... Seaman...
    05-08-12 09:57 PM
    Ok ya'll, enough arguing. Half of you aren't reading what the other half is saying, so let's just all agree to end this here.

To the OP: If by devices you mean BlackBerry PHONES then there is not one with a front facing camera YET. If by devices you meant BlackBerry PHONE/TABLET/PAGER/WHATEVER then the answer is yes, the PlayBook (which is a tablet) has a front facing camera and was released in April of 2011.

Then end. Everyone, just let it go and move on.
    05-08-12 11:42 PM
    Wow OPs thats quit the catch you have here, Seem the only one that got cough up is in your web is @MADBRADYNY.... Guess it worked.
    05-08-12 11:51 PM
    My Playbook Says Blackberry right on the front of it and looks like a larger version of those BB10 Alphas. And I call my phone a Blackberry Bold, not a Blackberry device.
    Snap�you beat me to exactly what I was gonna say.

�now we're splitting hairs by saying a PB isn't a device.

OP I'd say the PB was too.
    05-09-12 05:31 AM
    Well my device the blackberry playbook has a ffc and my device the torch 9850 does not.
    05-09-12 06:27 AM
    They haven't... But, they will with BB10 later this year.
    The PlayBook has one, but it is not (commonly referred to as) a BlackBerry device though.

Then what the h3ll do you call it?

It is the first BB device to have a front facing camera.

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry
    05-09-12 07:21 AM
    Read the thread. I already said multiple times that "devices" are all encompassing.

But you have not shown me where a BlackBerry PlayBook is commonly referred to as a PlayBook device.

Hands down this is the dumbest thread containing some of the most stupid remarks. The schools systems have failed.

Device:
    a thing made for a particular purpose; an invention or contrivance, especially a mechanical or electrical one.

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry
    05-09-12 07:27 AM
    Here ya go. From dictionary.com

device[ dih-vahys ]
    noun
    1. a thing made for a particular purpose; an invention or contrivance, especially a mechanical or electrical one.
    2. a plan or scheme for effecting a purpose.
    3. a crafty scheme; trick.

I think a Playbook fits #1 and this thread fits #2 & 3.
    05-09-12 08:20 AM
    Sorry trs, just realized you said pretty much the same thing...
    05-09-12 08:21 AM
    seriously? Five pages arguing whether a playbook counts as a "device"?

Even a wooden spoon counts as a device for thors sake.....
    05-09-12 08:24 AM
    Thread should be closed long time ago.. OP is probaly lolling at this or is already gone long time ago.
    05-09-12 08:30 AM
    my wife bought a device.....i get to go to the pub a lot more now.....
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-09-12 08:34 AM
    Seriously, can we get this thread closed?
    05-09-12 09:19 AM
    This may be the first time that I have seen an apparent 'troll post' get Blackberry fans bickering with each other rather than at the one who started the ridiculous thread. Way to go.
    05-09-12 10:38 AM
    This may be the first time that I have seen an apparent 'troll post' get Blackberry fans bickering with each other rather than at the one who started the ridiculous thread. Way to go.
    It's simply a matter of luck.
    05-09-12 10:23 PM
    Why be confused??
    To stay on topic of this thread, the OP asked about BlackBerry Devices and asked for model numbers.
    Obviously, this means BlackBerry Handheld Devices as there are no model numbers for the PlayBook per se'.

Yes, it is called the BlackBerry PlayBook.
    But who do you know (including RIM) that calls their PlayBook a BlackBerry Device?

Even those who know nothing about it calls it a BlackBerry PlayBook.
    Not a BlackBerry Device.
    That term is uniformly used to represent handheld devices.

Semantics game?
    Hey is that a Kindle?

No, it's a Blackberry.

Really?! That's a phone? Phones are really getting bigger and bigger these days, huh?

No, it's Blackberry's tablet, the Playbook.

Oh

I've had this conversation SO MANY times.

Hey, what happened to the OP anyway?

BTW, staying on topic... the Playbook does have a front-facing camera
    Last edited by cleveland216; 05-09-12 at 11:45 PM.
    05-09-12 11:42 PM
    Oh I didn't notice folks were in here hoping to close the apparent troll thread. I always think it's funny how OPs post such things and never show up again in their thread. SMDH
    05-09-12 11:44 PM
    wow ops thats quit the catch you have here, seem the only one that got cough up is in your web is @madbradyny.... Guess it worked.
    hahahaha

ha
    05-09-12 11:50 PM
70 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD