Right now my phone is at 10% charge and it says low battery. Is it OK to charge it now or do I wait until it's 5% or 0%?

Of course I know I can charge it whenever but I'm asking in terms of preserving the battery as long as possible.
    03-07-09 05:36 PM
    I don't wait for the battery to die I just charge it when it's low, hasn't ever affected my battery so go for it
    03-07-09 05:43 PM
    I would charge it now I really dont let mine get that low there is so many theories on what is the best way but I keep mine topped off and run it down till it says battery low once ever couple of months and then power off the phone and charge it till the indicator light is solid green
    03-07-09 05:43 PM
    waiting for it to die isn't good for the battery
    03-07-09 05:44 PM
    Thanks for replying.

A couple of people have told me that you need to wait until there is absolutely no battery left in order to preserve it as long as possible.

I was just curious as to what everyone thinks about this.
    03-07-09 05:46 PM
    waiting for it to die isn't good for the battery
    Really? I have heard the opposite.

It's hard to know what to believe!
    03-07-09 05:47 PM
    The old style rechargeable batteries needed to be drained all the way down in order to preserve the max life of the battery. Todays rechargeable are designed to be charged with any amount of life left. Will that shorten the life of the battery? Yes, but that will probably happen in about 5 to 7 years.
    03-07-09 05:59 PM
    The old style rechargeable batteries needed to be drained all the way down in order to preserve the max life of the battery. Todays rechargeable are designed to be charged with any amount of life left. Will that shorten the life of the battery? Yes, but that will probably happen in about 5 to 7 years.
    OK, thanks!
    03-07-09 06:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD