And this article came out in September.

BlackBerry?s researching a smartwatch, too | Computerworld

I would definitely like the option of having a BlackBerry smart watch.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Z10
    Last edited by skstrials; 10-13-14 at 01:16 AM.
    10-13-14 12:32 AM
    That was taken a bit out of context. Pretty safe to ignore that and not hold your breath for a smartwatch.
    10-13-14 12:49 AM
    Well I don't care for a BlackBerry smartwatch, but would be nice for a BlackBerry compatible one!

The most unimportant things you never need to know. Pin:C002F4C05
    10-13-14 12:51 AM
    That was taken a bit out of context.
    Care to elaborate on this? I remember seeing an article on a BlackBerry wearable on Crackberry as well.

10-13-14 12:58 AM
    I'd like the hotwatch to be compatible with 10.3.1, not going to buy one though, just saying.

If someone bought and test it and it works, good!

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    10-13-14 01:02 AM
    Heard it will be out when the 10.3 OS is released.
    10-13-14 01:11 AM
    Wait for the company to become financially stable in the market...Then we may see a few more crazy innovations from BlackBerry...Hey even at a time like this they pulled off the Passport!...Who knows what they have planned for 2015!

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 01:18 AM
    I don't think we'll se a BlackBerry smart watch anytime soon. But with the release of the Apple Watch and Android having so many smart watches compatible with it out there. Pebble should get smart and create native apps for un tapped markets, meaning Windows and BlackBerry. They've already had to drop their prices on Amazon, and with good reason no one owning an iPhone or Android is going to want anything less than a touch screen smart watch such as the Apple Watch, Samsung Galaxy Gear or Sony Smartwatch.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 07:13 AM
    And this article came out in September.

BlackBerry?s researching a smartwatch, too | Computerworld

I would definitely like the option of having a BlackBerry smart watch.

Hopefully never. These are such a niche product. Why have a smart watch that can only work in conjunction with wearing a smart phone. If I need to know the time, I pull out my phone. Or it vibrates in the holster when a need to know a scheduled event. Blackberry doesn't need to waste money on this type of device.
    10-13-14 07:17 AM
    As long as a smart watch can interface with BB10 and I can control it from BB10 then I don't really care if it is made by BlackBerry. They can focus on making secure bug free productive super phones.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 07:22 AM
    Half past never.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 07:31 AM
    I don't think we'll se a BlackBerry smart watch anytime soon. But with the release of the Apple Watch and Android having so many smart watches compatible with it out there. Pebble should get smart and create native apps for un tapped markets, meaning Windows and BlackBerry. They've already had to drop their prices on Amazon, and with good reason no one owning an iPhone or Android is going to want anything less than a touch screen smart watch such as the Apple Watch, Samsung Galaxy Gear or Sony Smartwatch.

Posted via CB10
    I've advocated that for a while now. Pebble's heyday such as it was is over once the heavy hitters who can afford to out-market them arrived, so they should concentrate on niche markets and partner with BB for a branded smartwatch or at least make a native app.
    10-13-14 12:26 PM
    I've advocated that for a while now. Pebble's heyday such as it was is over once the heavy hitters who can afford to out-market them arrived, so they should concentrate on niche markets and partner with BB for a branded smartwatch or at least make a native app.
    Agreed 100%. I started a discussion on the Forums a few months back about this called "What if: BlackBerry and Pebble". I seemed to get mixed replies about it, some don't think it matters or makes sense but some agreed with me. I think it would be a smart move, especially with BlackBerry offering QNX, Pebble could have an OS for their next generation smart watches and BlackBerry can have an experience smart watch manufacturer to help them build their own smart watch. But that may be wishful thinking, what is a concrete fact is that Pebble has no chance against the competition out there, their prices have already dropped as I predicted prior to the release of the Apple Watch and there are still plenty of folks who own Windows Phones and BlackBerry that would love to have a smart watch that works flawlessly with their smart phones. Perfect opportunity for Pebble to squeeze out some business before they have to face reality. Time to update!

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 01:42 PM
    Dream on. Why do you need it Btw? Just curious

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 01:44 PM