09-28-13 07:13 PM
84 ... 234
tools
    This place has become almost unbearable, I am on the verge of leaving. Everyone has their negative jab to throw into a discussion and it never ends. And its almost like people are scouring the internet for negative articles to post just to keep it going. I for one would rather remain positive about the future of blackberry, because generally I am a positive person. Being negative does nothing for me and I am sure it doesn't help BB app devs either. A never ending cycle of negativity, its like a black hole in here and I want it to stop. Thats all I have to say
    Here here

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 12:42 PM
    I don't go out of my way to find bad news. I simply Google "blackberry". I want to be positive. I bought my Qued 10 just 3 weeks ago amidst the sh*t storm of bad news. It's an awesome device. But I just keep feeling like charlie Brown getting the football pulleded away from him over and over. As much as I love this device, things just don't look good.

Posted by twiddling my thumbs on my Qued10 in CB10
    Why do news stories have any sort of bearing on if you like your phone or not?
    09-28-13 12:47 PM
    What i dont understand is if you are no longer a fan of blackberry why continue to come here to bring everyone else down?
    SK122387 likes this.
    09-28-13 01:09 PM
    I think we're getting off topic. The OP asked if the negativity will stop once the company goes private?
    we all know that it will not stop. we will find something to cry about.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 02:30 PM
    What i dont understand is if you are no longer a fan of blackberry why continue to come here to bring everyone else down?
    You don't quite understand that even though we see things differently (some with rose coloured glasses, some from their troll view, others completely certain that all is well) we actually do want (or did want) BlackBerry to succeed.

While some feel that only positive things ("I luvs my Z10") are appropriate, others feel that opposing viewpoints - even the horror of posts that are negative towards BlackBerry - should be tolerated. Some of us even used to be fanbois. We didn't wreck the company. You didn't either.

If there is positive news, and I hope one day there will be positive news, I am sure it will be here.

I still want to use my Q10. I update to the latest leak (in lieu of official software). But it is still not quite there yet.

As to others who will blast this, SMH indeed.

And after it goes private, everything will be speculation. The speculation you don't like (more layoffs coming) will be dismissed as troll like American media haters. Comments like "everyone I know has seen my Z10 and likes it" will be hailed as a forward thinking visionary and hero.

And you are still not getting Instagram.
    Last edited by njblackberry; 09-28-13 at 03:03 PM.
    09-28-13 02:44 PM
    What are you getting at? CB was a destination site I would go read back in my curve and bold days. It became quite literally a daily visit, actually throughout the day visit, from my Torch 9800 on. I loved the forums, read them everyday, to get information and questions answered. Which was amazing.
    Well, what I'm getting at are the people (not you) who have responded to my opinions of late by suggesting that I shouldn't be posting here because I stopped using a BB earlier this year, despite having used them for 12 years. I've not just come here for info over the last five years I've been a CB member, I've also contributed a lot of help and suggestions myself in the subforums for the various devices I've had, as the graphic I posted indicates. So I'm a bit nonplussed by some of these posters, particularly since many of them have not been here very long, and for many of them their contributions to CB, if any, have been minimal. I'm not looking to be self-congratulatory, just venting a bit of resentment.
    09-28-13 05:31 PM
    Well, what I'm getting at are the people (not you) who have responded to my opinions of late by suggesting that I shouldn't be posting here because I stopped using a BB earlier this year, despite having used them for 12 years. I've not just come here for info over the last five years I've been a CB member, I've also contributed a lot of help and suggestions myself in the subforums for the various devices I've had, as the graphic I posted indicates. So I'm a bit nonplussed by some of these posters, particularly since many of them have not been here very long, and for many of them their contributions to CB, if any, have been minimal. I'm not looking to be self-congratulatory, just venting a bit of resentment.
    Let me change this up a bit... and I'm not speaking specifically you as I really havent seen you.much on here until recently. Perhaps we have been in different sub forums, or we just haven't engaged each other pleasantly or otherwise for me to remember your handle.

I don't post it often if at all, but I often think 'why do you post here' (again, not specifically you) and when I'm saying that, I don't mean here as in CB, I mean here in whatever particular thread I'm in at the time. If there's a thread about how great toast notifications are, what's the point in negative nancies coming in to say BlackBerry is dead. If there's a post about I love my phone, why is it bashed with stock prices. There are plenty of stock price threads, instagram threads, company dieing threads, and yes, a forum about BlackBerry will have those threads, there is a place for them here, but if there's a positive thread about something, those people are not allowed to have that conversation anymore. That's my point. Yes, talk all you want about the negatives in the threads about them. Heck, start threads about them if you want. But why is someone not allowed to have a positive thread?

If I'm talking to someone on the street about a dinner I was at the night before and the great people I met, I don't expect Joe Blow to walk up and start telling me how stupid I am for choosing that restaurant, and continue to berate until an officer shows up and makes us all leave. We all have a right to express our thoughts, but right time, right place.

Posted via CB10
    clickitykeys likes this.
    09-28-13 06:21 PM
    Clearly, you are not holding any shares and/or shares that are serverly underwater. If this private deal goes through, most shareholders will take a BIG bath and have no way of waiting for the real turnaround to affect the stock price. We will all receive $9 and then be told to bugger off.

Speak again when when you have some skin in the game.

Yep. $9 will be all you get.

This isn't the first time investors have been shafted in the stock market, and it sure as he1l won't be the last.

Welcome to the real world. Not everything can go your way, and when you invest your money, you are aware that you might lose it all.

Not sure why people think that just because they make an investment, they're guaranteed some fat payday.
    09-28-13 07:01 PM
    If you love BlackBerry like I do, all we can hope for is a momentum change. I have had a BlackBerry since late 07. Going private helps the credit/debit side of the books. Going private allows for the "teams,departments" to be reorganized. This will, as a poster said before, a time to breathe and keep the exceptional quality in place. Maybe someday I'll leave BlackBerry. I hope not anytime soon. I was once told, change is good. I'm thinking in our case this is correct. My 2cents.
    09-28-13 07:13 PM
84 ... 234