Does bbm too share user data?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Attached Thumbnails WhatsApp to share info irrespective of choice. BBM?-66500.jpg  
    BoneMatrix likes this.
    08-28-16 03:57 AM
    Nothing comes free,
    This is how many tech giants are making billions.
    08-28-16 04:59 AM
    Delete it and stop using it. Given facebooks big brother tendencies it was only a matter of time.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-16 09:11 AM
    This isn't too much important for regular people, but for politician, artist, singer, famous people, they don't want his phone number mixed with his FB profile.

I Will try telegram and Give a new PUSH to BBM.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-16 09:17 AM
    BBM!

Long Live BB10!
    08-28-16 10:17 AM
    BBM!

Long Live BB10!
    PIN...!!

(enough said... :-) )

�   "Chenterprise. We are the future. Resistance is futile. Prepare to BBe... "   �
    08-28-16 04:48 PM
    This isn't too much important for regular people, but for politician, artist, singer, famous people, they don't want his phone number mixed with his FB profile.

I Will try telegram and Give a new PUSH to BBM.

Posted via CB10
    I use telegram with my small group of good friends and family. It works great on my classic. If you download the telegram apk from the website f-droid.org, it will come with the Google play service hooks removed and replaced with open source equivalents.

Posted w/ BlackBerry Classic
    08-29-16 04:12 AM
    Does bbm too share user data?

Maybe. My feed is full of ads now. Almost everyday I also get invited by some sponsores accounts. Actually whatsapp is more cleaner and fast than BBM.
    08-29-16 07:37 AM
    Maybe. My feed is full of ads now. Almost everyday I also get invited by some sponsores accounts. Actually whatsapp is more cleaner and fast than BBM.
    Are u using it on a bb phone? If not - do u hav a paid version?

08-29-16 07:56 AM
    I find whatsap is much cleaner, the interface is perfect and frankly the ads on BBM are driving me nuts. I had to re-load my phone after it crashed and I'm stuck now with this cartoony bubble version of BBM (for android - 3.0.0.18) and it's terrible. Round pictures for profile? Can't look at other friends updated profile pics?

I wandered on here to find a way to revert back to my old version without ripping this version out and starting over. Sigh.
    08-29-16 10:42 AM
    Are u using it on a bb phone? If not - do u hav a paid version?

No I don't use the paid version, I found it doesn't worth paying.
    08-29-16 07:14 PM
    There is no paid version of BBM. It's totally free.

Yes, I have replied say that the ads on BBM is a bit of an overkill but they are trying to make a lot of money out of it. Hope the can use other ways to make money other than just doing ads. As usual, there is no communication between BlackBerry and it's customers again on this level. So we really don't know why they are pushing out so much ads.

Now BBM uses phone number to identify users which is much better but existing users can't add their phone numbers to it.

08-29-16 08:32 PM
    There is no paid version of BBM. It's totally free.

Yes, I have replied say that the ads on BBM is a bit of an overkill but they are trying to make a lot of money out of it. Hope the can use other ways to make money other than just doing ads. As usual, there is no communication between BlackBerry and it's customers again on this level. So we really don't know why they are pushing out so much ads.

Now BBM uses phone number to identify users which is much better but existing users can't add their phone numbers to it.

True. Even the app itself still lacking behind the similar apps. I could manage almost 10 chat at a time with about hundred messages inside it without any lag on whatsapp. BBM isn't there yet.
    08-29-16 11:22 PM
    True. Even the app itself still lacking behind the similar apps. I could manage almost 10 chat at a time with about hundred messages inside it without any lag on whatsapp. BBM isn't there yet.
    BBM on BB10 has always done that and you get no ads if you pay one dollar per month.
    08-30-16 12:11 AM
    BBM on BB10 has always done that and you get no ads if you pay one dollar per month.
    BBM is too laggy, whatsapp is 1 dollar per year.
    cribble2k likes this.
    08-30-16 06:23 PM
    Outside of every other messaging service crashing, I don't see how BBM will ever be relevant. Most people don't even know it exists anymore, let alone want to try it over their current messaging service.
    08-31-16 05:35 AM
    BlackBerry announced earlier this week at BlackBerry Live in Florida that it's finally bringing BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) to Android phones and iPhones this summer.
    It'll be going head to head with messaging apps WhatsApp and Viber, both of which offer very similar services. I've pitted all three against each other to see which should take pride of place on your phone. iMessage also lets you send messages and photos using an Internet connection, but it's restricted to iOS devices only. This battle is between cross-platform services only so I have not included it here.
    08-31-16 06:48 AM