Looks like the dreaded bbm broadcasts have moved on to Whatsapp as well lol:

"If your WhatsApp Logo has not turned red you are not registered as a frequent user and by 10am C.A.T WhatsApp will start charging you. To become a frequent user send this message to 10 people who receive it (2 ticks) and you WhatsApp logo should now turn Tangerine Orange as a result of late registration but you will then become a frequent user.
    Whatsapp is shutting down on 28th jan Message from Jim Balsamic (CEO of Whatsapp) we have had an over usage of user names on whatsapp Messenger. We are requesting all users to forward this message to their entire contact list. If you do not forward this message, we will take it as your account is invalid and it will be deleted within the next 48 hours. Please DO NOT ignore this message or whatsapp will no longer recognise your activation. If you wish to re-activate your account after it has been deleted, a charge of 25.00 will be added to your monthly bill. We are also aware of the issue involving the pictures updates not showing. We are working diligently at fixing"
    01-19-12 12:23 PM
    yeah hoax has been going on for days.
    01-19-12 02:19 PM
    Interesting. All I've gotten is that my 1-year trial has been extended for 6 months. I'm good with that.
    01-19-12 02:25 PM
    Interesting. All I've gotten is that my 1-year trial has been extended for 6 months. I'm good with that.
    My 1 year should've ended over 6 months ago already lol. A few weeks ago I had a notice saying my 1 year was over, so I just hit Cancel on the message and got a "Renewed for 6 months" message.
    01-19-12 03:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD