Hi, i am intending to buy a Blackberry phone with BB10 OS. I came to know that Facebook would stop Whatsapp service for BB10 later in 2016. So can I download the Whatsapp application from Amazon app store? I am asking this because some of my friends use BB10 phone and a lots of apps from downloaded from Amazon does not work. For example, one my friends could not make the FB app work downloaded from Amazon app store.
    04-13-16 12:23 PM
    Hi, i am intending to buy a Blackberry phone with BB10 OS. I came to know that Facebook would stop Whatsapp service for BB10 later in 2016. So can I download the Whatsapp application from Amazon app store? I am asking this because some of my friends use BB10 phone and a lots of apps from downloaded from Amazon does not work. For example, one my friends could not make the FB app work downloaded from Amazon app store.
    There has been talk that they will cease support at year's end. We just have to wait and see. You may well want to consider BlackBerry Android option.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-16 01:02 AM
    you can always install android version using aptoide
    04-14-16 11:03 PM
    BlackBerry Messenger.
    04-15-16 01:06 AM
    BBM

Posted via CB10
    MontanaVista likes this.
    04-15-16 05:19 AM
    you can always install android version using aptoide
    Aptoide is full of malware, as are virtually all third-party Android app stores. There's no way I'd ever recommend anyone use anything but Google Play or perhaps Amazon Marketplace.
    04-15-16 09:11 AM
    http://android.stackexchange.com/que...to-use-aptoide

Make up your own mind from these answers. Just compare MD5sums with Google Play... :-D

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    04-15-16 09:21 PM
    BBM or facebook messenger via the F10 app?

Posted via CB10
    04-17-16 03:38 AM
    Smoke signals? Carrier pigeon?
    peednus likes this.
    04-17-16 03:39 AM
    BlackBerry Messenger.
    Kind of difficult to talk all your Whatsapp fellow contacts to migrate to BBM... not that I haven't tried though.
    04-17-16 07:46 AM
    Maybe they will end the support by the end of this year but I hope app will keep working as the case with FB app(older version still working).
    You may also use android version, can download it from anywhere available, it works on BlackBerry 10 os.

Posted via CB10
    idhbar likes this.
    04-17-16 07:56 AM
    Smoke signals? Carrier pigeon?
    The carriers sell pigeons now?
    What breed? Where can I get one?

;-)

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    crackberry_geek likes this.
    04-17-16 03:28 PM
    Planned to give my old phone to my dad. Wiped it, inserted a SIM and got a wonderfull message "Unfortunately, WhatsApp no longer supports this phone. Please switch to a supported phone" -_-
    cribble2k likes this.
    11-10-16 06:00 AM
    Maybe you people should try using BBM messenger

Posted via CB10
    silversmith75 and TCB on Z10 like this.
    11-10-16 07:12 AM
    BBM and Chiffry messenger.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-16 11:08 AM
    www.viber.com/dl
    It's a viable whatapp option

Posted via CB10
    11-10-16 11:30 AM
    Was just thinking about why people have a had Tim switching to bbm. It's not like it's a big deal. Then I realized, it's hub. I could never figure why people made such a big deal about using it. They use what's app, snap chat. Fb messenger. But it's all the apps ever single one is a different app. Us blessed ones that use the hub if you get a BBM of text of what's app. It's all the same. Notification shows up in the hub. We can answer from the hub boom done. But for everyone else the have to open up the app. Bla Bla bla close the app or you get a text now open up app.

The hub rocks. Oh and what's app android app should work. If BlackBerry stops. But I assume they will just stop updating it.

#luvmybb10os
    11-10-16 11:44 AM
    I leave the BlackBerry Facebook app on my phone to get hub notifications and just added the browser tile to my home screen and use that. You can also get the Google play store on bb10 by following cobalt play store. Very easy to do. And you can get the android app for what's app. I suspect it will continue to work they will just no longer maintain the BlackBerry App and it will slowly get buggy. But the android app will work.

#luvmybb10os
    11-10-16 11:48 AM
    I'd be glad if I just could use it with this version.
    Just to be available and send/receive some data.

That would be great!

But if they cut the lines... I don't know.
    And I don't know why BlackBerry doesn't take any action for a work-around.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-16 12:28 PM
    Well it works on Priv, DTEK50 and DTEK60..
    11-10-16 03:06 PM
    I leave the BlackBerry Facebook app on my phone to get hub notifications and just added the browser tile to my home screen and use that. You can also get the Google play store on bb10 by following cobalt play store. Very easy to do. And you can get the android app for what's app. I suspect it will continue to work they will just no longer maintain the BlackBerry App and it will slowly get buggy. But the android app will work.

#luvmybb10os
    Until they update the app to support minimum of kit Kat and then all BlackBerry users are screwed for android as well.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-16 03:46 PM
    Until they update the app to support minimum of kit Kat and then all BlackBerry users are screwed for android as well.

Posted via CB10
    There is probably a year before that happens, From the Nov 2016 Android distribution stats , 4.3 and below are still ~15% of Android devices.
    Whatsapp alternative after 2016?-qqapsoe.jpg
    11-10-16 03:54 PM
    Well it works on Priv, DTEK50 and DTEK60..
    Its android so not for us!!
    Go and have fun with your chinese tlc dtek!
    Ohh and your hub app thats just a notofication center hehe

#soon, later, later this year, fiscal year, commitment,...blablabla ~J.BlaBla Chen
    11-10-16 04:09 PM
    I've been saying this and every post that I see about WhatsApp the Android version no longer works now it detects when you have patch the Google Play services it also detects when you are using an older APK you cannot use the Android version
    11-10-16 04:19 PM
    Anyone buying a Blackberry these days should only expect to do minimum with it I own a few just to play with but for everything else I have my Blackberry Priv, others are jumping on the Alcatels um I mean dteks
    11-10-16 04:22 PM
38 12