Actually that isn't the case, When I carried a 8330 and a 9630 Both on the same network, the had very different receptions as did my 8330 and my HTC 5800, and 8330 and my HTC Touch, Always the same Carrier, and I travel to areas that the coverage map shows no signal, the 8330 had more coverage than my HTC's though I can't tell you which HTC was better, I never carried them side by side. and my Tour out performed my 8330 when connecting to Roaming networks that were not quite in range, but my 8330 connected better to Home networks when not quite in range, ( I attribute the difference to software over hardware)

My work colleagues who moved from 8330's to 8530's again all same network same travel areas all complain about the worse reception of the 8530 over the 8330 so BUILD of the phone does play a factor, NOT all BB's have better reception, but ones I have tested and seen significant differences 9800 > 9300, 8330 > 8530, 9700 > 9300

I think you have a point there. But, l'd say it's part of the greater whole regarding reception. I guess there is some point to Antennagate *ducks possible swipes from iPhone users*
    12-07-10 07:45 PM
    The best reception? That's up to the best cell network, with the best coverage per given area.

I don't agree with this point at all. My GF has had android phones for the last 2 years and her signal and phone strength has been awful in relation to my BB's on the same network. Essentially her phone call ability is hit or miss and the kids use my phone for an emergency contact because her phones keep falling short.
    12-07-10 07:48 PM
    I'm curious as to what Droids she had. I'm only asking in concession to deRusett's point, and the fact my Droid had better reception than my storm when passing through the hills on the freeway in Pomona.
    12-07-10 07:55 PM
    I had the htc evo 4g and I could consistently receive and make calls that I could never on my 8530. Outside of that I hated it.
    12-07-10 07:59 PM
    She had the mytouch 3g, the cliq xt (briefly), and now has the Vibrant. The Vibrant is a great pocket browser and I do like it quite a bit but the GPS doesn't work, the phone is spotty and the battery is not too good. I actually like a lot of what android has to offer but I have issues with Google in general. They took advantage of NSF funds to create their technology but now hide their profits over seas to avoid paying taxes. I know that is off topic but that is the main reason, along with their desire to control the internet, that I avoid their products.
    lssanjose likes this.
    12-07-10 08:02 PM
    I guess what I'm trying to say is, it's all relative to the context of people's situation(s).
    That's very true, and it's pointlessly provocative to throw the label "best" around loosely. I answered above that the BB keyboard is one of the reasons why I'm still with BB. That's not to say, however, that it's the best keyboard experience I've had. It isn't. I had T-Mobile SideKicks for almost four years before moving to the 8320. I've yet to find any phone with a keyboard as comfortable and efficient as the SK's, especially in the later models, such as the LX. But of course the trade-off for that spacious keyboard, with dedicated number keys etc, was a considerably bulkier device. And eventually service outages were happening several times per week, so all was not ideal.

I think most BB users stay with BBs because they offer a combination of features that we like, in a single device; not because we believe (or need to believe) that they are the "best" in everything. I think most will concede that there are aspects of the BB and OS that are not ideal, but there are enough things that we do like, combined into a single device, that we put up with the other things. Isn't it the same for any other device?

Ubizmo
    12-07-10 08:03 PM
    That's very true, and it's pointlessly provocative to throw the label "best" around loosely. I answered above that the BB keyboard is one of the reasons why I'm still with BB. That's not to say, however, that it's the best keyboard experience I've had. It isn't. I had T-Mobile SideKicks for almost four years before moving to the 8320. I've yet to find any phone with a keyboard as comfortable and efficient as the SK's, especially in the later models, such as the LX. But of course the trade-off for that spacious keyboard, with dedicated number keys etc, was a considerably bulkier device. And eventually service outages were happening several times per week, so all was not ideal.

I think most BB users stay with BBs because they offer a combination of features that we like, in a single device; not because we believe (or need to believe) that they are the "best" in everything. I think most will concede that there are aspects of the BB and OS that are not ideal, but there are enough things that we do like, combined into a single device, that we put up with the other things. Isn't it the same for any other device?

Ubizmo
    It is the same, and thanks.
    12-07-10 08:09 PM

Ubizmo
    I think this is very well said.
    12-07-10 08:16 PM
    I cant quite put my finger on what it is about blackberry that I love so much...I just know I'm truly addicted to BBM...An I'll never let myself be with a blackberry...
    12-07-10 08:18 PM
    I stay because I love the customization: themes, housing, cases, berrybuzz

I love how quickly my emails come through. I'm entirely addicted to bbm and I'm brand loyal. =)
    12-07-10 08:29 PM
    I stay because I love the customization: themes, housing, cases, berrybuzz

I love how quickly my emails come through. I'm entirely addicted to bbm and I'm brand loyal. =)
    Well said.
    12-07-10 09:34 PM
    I love the overall ease of use and functionality. Not to mention being able to customize it just the way I want too. I bought my first Blackberry about 3 1/2 years ago. I tried Android, but it just wasn't for me.
    12-07-10 10:38 PM
    How are you liking that style? I remember talking to one of the guys of bbtweaks, thinking of going to the clamshell factor.
    12-07-10 10:54 PM
    Everyone like the spinning hourglass, the super slow browser, the poor battery life, constant reboots. Do you loyal users just live with it, saying its the best Rim can do.
    I don't have those things.

I have fast messages, good pictures, ease of email, good phone quality, combo touchscreen and real keyboard.
    12-07-10 11:20 PM
    BES data plan as data is way to expensive in South africa
    12-07-10 11:25 PM
    So far, I'm staying because I have freedom to do whatever I want with the external features of the phone. I have 4 sets of housing kits, which look nice, are plain and simple.
    Back on my iPhone, all I could change was the case. The back was a b*tch to do.
    12-07-10 11:47 PM
    My reasons? It just works for me. Mobile communication, e-mail, instant messaging, BBM, social networks, now web browsing with OS6... I am on BES as well and that's just a dream. Seamless integration of my BB into our corporate Exchange server. I couldn't care less that they're not running the hardware race. I currently run with the Torch and it's the best BB I've ever had. Function before bling and yet still a good-looking package.
    12-07-10 11:53 PM
    BES data plan as data is way to expensive in South africa
    'Tis true, mobile data in SA can be a very expensive undertaking, and with BIS or BIS/BEs on your contract or prepaid, you don't have to worry about that, as 99% of the data traffic from your device will be included in that fee.
    12-08-10 12:06 AM
    1. Form Factor: I still can't find an Android phone appropriately sized for a 5'2 95 pound woman to hold in one hand and I need something that comfortably fits in an evening bag.
    2. Battery Life: I use my blackberry as a music player when I run, including when I participate in 1/2 marathons. I need something that will play my music, run a GPS running app and still have battery power at the end to text, call and meet up with all my friends I know from watching my running companions with their phones blackberry is the only one who can do that.
    3. Instant email my agent emails me an audition notice I can book/confirm my time, download my sides and clear any other appointments I have in less then 15 minutes.
    4. Spell check. A damn good spell check.
    5. Really easy cut and paste.
    6. All the apps that matter to me: ereaders, GPS, diet and fitness diary, checkbook, tv.
    7. SD card I don't have to redownload important shows, documents, songs and demo reels with each upgrade.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-10 07:34 AM
    1. Form Factor: I still can't find an Android phone appropriately sized for a 5'2 95 pound woman to hold in one hand and I need something that comfortably fits in an evening bag.
    2. Battery Life: I use my blackberry as a music player when I run, including when I participate in 1/2 marathons. I need something that will play my music, run a GPS running app and still have battery power at the end to text, call and meet up with all my friends I know from watching my running companions with their phones blackberry is the only one who can do that.
    3. Instant email my agent emails me an audition notice I can book/confirm my time, download my sides and clear any other appointments I have in less then 15 minutes.
    4. Spell check. A damn good spell check.
    5. Really easy cut and paste.
    6. All the apps that matter to me: ereaders, GPS, diet and fitness diary, checkbook, tv.
    7. SD card I don't have to redownload important shows, documents, songs and demo reels with each upgrade.

Same here.

12-08-10 08:42 AM
    Same here.

never pictured you as the evening bag carrying type...

Well you are from Toronto
    vecharo likes this.
    12-08-10 09:33 AM
    never pictured you as the evening bag carrying type...

Well you are from Toronto
    LMAO! But ya know, he CAN rock and evening bag. Don't they call them man purses or something? I guess as long as it doesn't have the bling studded on it, it's okay
    12-08-10 10:46 AM
    I stay w/ BB for the ease of use. It works. Just plain works. Typically if something isn't working it's because I customized it and missed a step. The customization is huge. Too often friends and family, incorrectly, presume that I have to re-load the OS and miss the fact that it's a choice...one that most of them don't have.
    The themes, using an SD card, music player, BBM, easy texting thanks to a killer keyboard, and the multi-tasking is why I stay.
    12-08-10 10:49 AM
    Security, SurePress, Suretype, RIM is from Canada, & if it's good enough for Obama it's good enough for me!
    12-08-10 11:19 AM
    She had the mytouch 3g, the cliq xt (briefly), and now has the Vibrant. The Vibrant is a great pocket browser and I do like it quite a bit but the GPS doesn't work, the phone is spotty and the battery is not too good. I actually like a lot of what android has to offer but I have issues with Google in general. They took advantage of NSF funds to create their technology but now hide their profits over seas to avoid paying taxes. I know that is off topic but that is the main reason, along with their desire to control the internet, that I avoid their products.
    Great Points on Google. I have the storm 2 and love it, but I almost bought a android phone. Now I really really feel like I made the right choice.

Opera Mini works great on my phone so i have no slow browser issues.
    12-08-10 12:37 PM
99 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD