My main reasons are:

1. Battery life=well over a full waking day even with heavy usage.
    2. The physical keyboard is very good.
    3. The device (9780) is compact and light.
    4. The camera is excellent.
    5. Email works mostly the way I want it to.
    6. A good range of useful apps.
    7. Good build quality. I got great service from my 8320 and 8900, and I'm hoping for the same from my 9780.
    8. Auto-text with smart capitalization.
    9. The screen may be small, but its sharpness and clarity are excellent.
    10. Availability of keyboard shortcuts to do most things (and more, using QuickLaunch).

There's room for improvement, but these are enough to keep me on board.

Ubizmo
    12-07-10 07:04 AM
    I am on Verizon and when I got my first smartphone, I really wanted the iPhone, but was not willing to switch to AT&T. My selections were slim and I got a 8130 Pearl. I loved the email/texting/look/O/S (yes, I know, but it just makes sense to me) of the phone. I still wanted a touchscreen and waited for the Storm2 to come out. I really LOVE this phone for all of the above, plus the customization of themes/icons. My only complaint (but I knew this before my purchase) is the speed of the browser. I am getting a little upset about the speed at which RIM updates their phones/processors/memory/etc., but will probably wait for the next 4G/LTE Storm...there is just something about a BB.
    12-07-10 07:13 AM
    I have played around with friends iphones, and I just can't picture that as my everyday phone. I love the blackberry keyboard more than any other, I love the led notifications. I feel so fast when sending a message. The things that iphone has an advantage in likes apps or the browser are things I don't typically need. Don't use a lot of apps, and the ones I do need blackberry has. I'll be with blackberry for a long time.
    12-07-10 08:21 AM
    There's a whole list of things, but a few are:

- BB Messenger
    - The 'clicky' Storm2 screen
    - Great reliability
    - Strong hatred of Apple products

The phone does everything I need it to do and I honestly couldn't face changing to a different brand after this.

Trev
    12-07-10 08:30 AM
    Everyone like the spinning hourglass, the super slow browser, the poor battery life, constant reboots. Do you loyal users just live with it, saying its the best Rim can do.
    12-07-10 08:54 AM
    I personally have not experienced these issues, but I know people who have...

Trev
    12-07-10 08:58 AM
    Laziness, plain and simple. I have no push to look for something else
    despite the fact that I know there are better devices out there.
    12-07-10 09:42 AM
    My reason fro sticking with Blackberry is because they are great communication devices (email and bbm especially). They do everything that I need from a phone and they are just so fun to use. I love the Blackberry Bold 9650!
    12-07-10 09:48 AM
    Everyone like the spinning hourglass, the super slow browser, the poor battery life, constant reboots. Do you loyal users just live with it, saying its the best Rim can do.
    I've never had any of these problems. I have a battery that can last 2 days easily, my browser is very fast on 2G, I don't have to reboot "constantly", and I've never experienced the "spinning hourglass".

If you have these problems, you should either get a replacement, switch to a different device, or look at what programs you have running in the background.

As far as why I stay with BB, I just love it. I had an iPhone3G for about 9 months and while all the apps were cool, I hated texting and emailing on it! Plus I had dropped calls with my iPhone3G. I've only had one dropped call with my 9800 and I've had it for a month and I'm pretty sure it was my mom's phone, not mine, that caused the dropped call.

Not to mention, I love OS6, the fast browser (I swear, my iPhone3G never moved this fast!), physical keyboard, and I love having the best of both worlds with my 9800 -- a big full screen AND a physical keyboard -- HEAVEN! I also hated the iPhone ringtones and text alert sounds. The LED light is awesome, I love seeing it flash when I have a message.

Also, the iPhone didn't have a "Silent" feature. If I'm in a meeting or sitting with a client, I find it rude to have my phone vibrate and not even have the option to turn it on silent with NO vibration. With my BB, I can have it on Silent and still see the LED flash and it's not obnoxious to clients or co-workers. And with BerryBuzz, I can customize those flashes. If I know it flashes Pink, it's just Facebook and it's not something I need to look at right away... a Turquoise flash is my husband, Yellow is my mother, etc.

I could go on and on about this... I just love BB and I will never switch again.
    12-07-10 10:06 AM
    I love the customization and BBM. I don't know how I would communicate with my friends and business partners overseas without it. Also, this may sound silly, but I love having the ability to chose distinct ringer settings for all of my contacts. My parents are getting older now, so I keep their numbers set so that even if my phone is on silent I get alerts from their calls. Great for night time when they are the only ones worth talking to. I know for a fact the droid software doesn't allow for this. At least not yet...
    12-07-10 10:13 AM
    I've had almost 0% of what you are saying to my S2. Now, when I had my very first BB and didn't really understand it, I would have those problems. But understanding how the device works IMO is the key to not having most of these problems.

I'll be a tough sell on another platform. I like the iphone and the droid, but in no way are they a better everyday device for my lifestyle than a blackberry.
    12-07-10 10:54 AM
    For me it's the best phone/messaging device out there. Every device shines in one way or another and "messaging" is BB's forte'. That and the pure simplicity of operating my BOLDmakes me a very happy camper.
    12-07-10 11:33 AM
    Please help,
    I wanna know if a very private messege through bbm will be saved on recievers end if I delete them as a contact???
    12-07-10 01:57 PM
    Please help,
    I wanna know if a very private messege through bbm will be saved on recievers end if I delete them as a contact???
    DO NOT HIJACK A THREAD!
    12-07-10 02:05 PM
    Please help,
    Unfortunately, I don't know.

In the future, it's best to post your question in a separate thread so it can be accurately answered and not get lost in someone else's thread.
    12-07-10 03:13 PM
    Contract...

Seriously: keyboard, fast email, BBM, hybrids, stable OS, customization, investment in apps & accessories.
    12-07-10 04:24 PM
    In response to dsuteu:
    I am 99% sure that the convo will not be there if you delete the bbm contact, but I am not 100% sure.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-10 05:07 PM
    Not loyal to any one brand, but been happy with BB from over the years....have I tried other brands, yes...I seemingly always come back to BB though. Things I love....

Notification's with the LED
    Real multi-tasking, no other brand can come close...
    Battery life on candy bar phones, 2nd to none...
    Form factor
    Keyboard, best around IMO...
    Push email, again hard to beat.
    OS6 is stellar, but IMO...browsing speeds suffice for me.

Wish for a better processor, more memory, in device would be nice. Besides that, love my 9700...even liked my Pearl and 8900...didn't care much for the dreaded S1...

Does that mean I will stay, nope...I will get what suites me fancy!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-10 05:21 PM
    I would feel naked without one.
    12-07-10 05:56 PM
    Ease of use and signal strength. I've had two Android phones and neither has signal strength as good as the Blackberry Bold 9700. Now i own two Blackberry Bold 9700's one for me and one for my Grandson who loves the Blackberry. Also he was using an Android phone.
    12-07-10 06:14 PM
    It does exactly what I need it to do perfectly, and the battery life is fantastic. I just don't see a reason to switch to something else.
    12-07-10 06:27 PM
    The best at?
    The best reception. The best battery life. The best messaging application. The best keyboard. The best notification. The best integration.
    12-07-10 06:47 PM
    The best reception? That's up to the best cell network, with the best coverage per given area. The best battery life: subjective upon usage, reception, and device engineering. The best messaging application? It's not cross-platform, or cross-protocol: nobody, but bb owners can talk to one another on it. I'd say, Trillian, eBuddy, or those like it, are better. If I had to go through one protocol, it might be skype. But, skype doesn't work the same way on a mobile landscape because not many phones have front-facing cameras. The best keyboard? That's subjective: are we talking about physical, or virtual? Virtual, it has to either be Apple's or Android's if I"m talking about full QWERTY virtual. Physical, maybe you have a case there. But, I tend to think my 700WX had a better physical keyboard. The best Notification? Subjective: Android's notification bar is quite handy, and well-thought out. In terms of LED notifications, Android's intelligence when it comes to LED notification colors is quite underrated. Granted, BB has that option too, but that needs to be customized on the user's part. IN terms of integration, integration with what? Universal Inbox? I think you have me there in terms of native integration.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, it's all relative to the context of people's situation(s).
    12-07-10 07:08 PM
    I stay with Blackberry because
    - BBM (Most of my Friends and Customers have Blackberry's, VERY few customers have MSN/Yahoo/AIM/gTalk)

- The Keyboard ( My Tour's Keyboard/Menu buttons are still the best, my torch isn't disappointing but the solid send/BB/Back/End button is frustrating for the non viewing navigator)

- Universal Message box ( it does BBM, 10 emails, MSN, PIN's, it is FAR FAR FAR from perfect, but no one else does it right either, so I stay with the demons I know vs the ones I don't

- SIZE, closed all on my BB's hide in my shirt pocket perfectly or tuck into my original hand made Armband for running

- Documents 2 Go Excel! - D2G on BB doesn't checkerboard when I scroll, on iOS it does. the fact I spend more than 30min a day scrolling files this means a lot to me.

- Data usage, BBM on a BB seems to use Less data than MSN on a WinMo phone, at least I noticed that in 2008 when my work dataplan was 4MB, and the ONLY fluctuation in usage was moving from MSN chatter to BBM chatter primarily and seeing my data usage fall 25%, In Canada where I can no longer get Unlimited data, knowing how hard it is to go over 50MB with basic usage makes BB attractive in pricing structures.

- Lastly a little bit of National Pride, I'll give RIM a bit of leeway because they are Canadian, and hey we say sorry when we are the victims. here's your donut RIM
    12-07-10 07:33 PM
    The best reception? That's up to the best cell network, with the best coverage per given area.<snip>.
    Actually that isn't the case, When I carried a 8330 and a 9630 Both on the same network, the had very different receptions as did my 8330 and my HTC 5800, and 8330 and my HTC Touch, Always the same Carrier, and I travel to areas that the coverage map shows no signal, the 8330 had more coverage than my HTC's though I can't tell you which HTC was better, I never carried them side by side. and my Tour out performed my 8330 when connecting to Roaming networks that were not quite in range, but my 8330 connected better to Home networks when not quite in range, ( I attribute the difference to software over hardware)

My work colleagues who moved from 8330's to 8530's again all same network same travel areas all complain about the worse reception of the 8530 over the 8330 so BUILD of the phone does play a factor, NOT all BB's have better reception, but ones I have tested and seen significant differences 9800 > 9300, 8330 > 8530, 9700 > 9300
    lssanjose likes this.
    12-07-10 07:42 PM
99 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD