View Poll Results: Dakota VS Torch 2 - which will you choose?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dakota

38 71.70%
  • Torch 2

15 28.30%
Multiple Choice Poll.
02-20-11 11:38 PM
42 12
tools
    Torch 2 all the way. Maybe another question could be - are you moving from another platform to any of these new BB's?

In the other poll that includes a larger list of new devices the Torch 2 and Dakota are in a dead heat, while here the Dakota is a clear winner.
    Last edited by BlackStormRising; 02-20-11 at 11:19 AM.
    02-20-11 11:15 AM
    Wow...Dakota seems to be willing the poll.

I am taking Bold 2 but I seriously hope the touch screen is something to wow about. Not hoping for a good product but more to a great product to be honest.
    02-20-11 11:16 AM
    As a current storm2 owner, my pros and cons of my current device are:

Pro's: Large screen
    Con's: No keyboard or trackpad

I miss the trackpad when surfing the web, it can be a pain trying to click the right item on a webpage without zooming in multiple times. Also, I don't mind the on screen keyboard but miss having a real keyboard.

The obvious choice for me would be the torch, but I'm also anxious to see what is around the corner when QNX hits the smartphones after seeing the playbook.
    02-20-11 11:17 AM
    Dakota FTW!
    02-20-11 11:21 AM
    I think it's a great question. These will be the two Blackberries that will be vying for my $ early next Fall.
    02-20-11 11:22 AM
    They should make the torch the size of the bb 9000. Bigger screen and keyboard. That would really make a difference

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-11 11:42 AM
    I'm actually really interested in the new Curve (Apollo).
    02-20-11 01:02 PM
    Dakota on T-Mobile FTW
    02-20-11 01:50 PM
    The Dakota is hands down the better of the two choices. The Torch, IMHO, is an excuse for a device. It feels cheap, lags, and overall is not a practical device. If the Torch had a decent horizontal sliding mechanism, it might be useable. The biggest drawback on the device it's the cramped useless keyboard. My 9700's keyboard was bad, the Torch is worse. Seeing that the Dakota had what looks to be a better keyboard with useable keys, it truly looks to be a great option.
    02-20-11 01:59 PM
    The Dakota is hands down the better of the two choices. The Torch, IMHO, is an excuse for a device. It feels cheap, lags, and overall is not a practical device. If the Torch had a decent horizontal sliding mechanism, it might be useable. The biggest drawback on the device it's the cramped useless keyboard. My 9700's keyboard was bad, the Torch is worse. Seeing that the Dakota had what looks to be a better keyboard with useable keys, it truly looks to be a great option.
    The Torch has the same keyboard as the 9700. The pictures I've seen of tbe dakota has the same keyboard. A Bold keyboard. Neither my Torch or 9700 lags. I was worried that when Iput os6 on it that it would but it didn't seem to. But to be honest I don't play with it much. The Dakota is a Bold so it will like such. The only difference is going to be the added ui. That being said the Torch fuctions as a Bold. The Torch's keyboard works just as good. I use it a lot.

02-20-11 02:12 PM
    I agree with the slider orientation part - I for one would find it much more friendly if the keyboard were horizontal. But it is usable as it is, it does not lag, and it certainly doesn't feel cheap.

02-20-11 04:25 PM
    torch 2 for me, i think the dakota screen is to small for touch screen.
    02-20-11 05:32 PM
    it certainly doesn't feel cheap.

I agree I don't think it feels cheap. Another gripe some folks have is that the Torch is heavy. I like the weight. I haven't weighed em but iphones feel heavy to me. The ip4 feels very heavy to me. I'm not complaining cause that what I would like about an iphone. I like to know ingot something in my hand.

02-20-11 05:37 PM
    Torch 2 all the way.

I like the weight and "cheap"(not my words) of the torch, my boss has a 9000 and I hate the thing, just way to big for someone with small hands, and having a touch screen on such a small screen wont be very user friendly.

After owning an original torch the upgraded processor and ram will be a great improvement over an already proven design.
    02-20-11 05:49 PM
    I had the torch, and I mainly used the touch screen for browsing and sometimes opening folders/apps. Never typing (except for trying it out of curiosity to see just how effed up my typing would be, and it was!). My finger hit the screen and the app opened, I don't see why my finger wouldn't open an app the same way on a 9000 size screen. I remember after I gave away my torch, I used my 9000 for a few weeks. I found myself constantly tapping the screen. This dakota/montana will be a huge success.

02-20-11 06:39 PM
    why no both option?
    02-20-11 06:44 PM
    Definitely Dakota for me. Loved the bold 9000 form factor.

02-20-11 11:38 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD