05-17-10 07:24 PM
31 12
tools
    using blackberries for 10 years now I have owned/used at some point every blackberry that verizon has put out there. so far the 8330 has been the most durable and the best for my needs. I am waiting for the 9650 and I am sure that will become my favorite but for now the 8330 has been gold.
    05-17-10 09:57 AM
    Agreed!

SureType and the size of the Pearl made it my favorite. For me, I need what the 9700 has now for me to have still had a Pearl. 3g, trackpad, memory & faster processor.

Typing came easy, especially after having all my words in the dictionary. I found that I could type faster on my Pearl than any other form factor; one handed or two handed.
    The smaller screen size doesn't bother you? I also wonder about the battery life of the Pearl.
    05-17-10 01:02 PM
    There are a lot of nice ones...but the Storm 2 is tops in my book. Loved the 8330 also...basically, you can't go wrong if BB fits your lifestyle and you match up the device to your lifestyle, it'll be a perfect marriage.
    05-17-10 01:42 PM
    The smaller screen size doesn't bother you? I also wonder about the battery life of the Pearl.
    Chalk up one more happy Pearl user. The SureType Keyboard is near magic and my emails are quite readable on the 260 pixel screen. Battery life, like all BlackBerry models, is superb.

The OP has posted a signature link to his Best Buy Guide. I think it's a safe bet, he will be revising his statements regarding the Pearl based on this feedback.

Blackberry Pearl

If you want a compact blackberry that is small and easily pocketable, a blackberry pearl will do.

The Blackberry pearl has a smaller and sleeker design, compared to other blackberry phones. It also has a great battery life.

When it comes to music, video or email purposes, the blackberry pearl is also good.

However, this type of blackberry has cramped keyboard and it is also relatively slow. Compared to other blackberries, the screen is also small and has a low resolution.
    05-17-10 01:46 PM
    I can't speak for Duvi but for me the screen was no issue at all. Honestly, in
    actual size it is about 1/2 inch smaller, east to west, than the 83xx series.
    We are not talking about large amounts of real estate here.

As to the battery, again I never had an issue. Granted I also don't run the
    battery down to extreme levels. Throw in an extended battery and you are
    good to go.
    05-17-10 01:54 PM
    I prefer the new Bold 9700.
    05-17-10 07:24 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD