04-25-11 03:09 PM
170 1234 ...
tools
    For all the people who say you could end up with a huge bill on Verizon. if you don't normally use 10mb but one month you happen to run over. It will cost you $50 if you use 10mb over your plan. Not that bad considering all the money you save on the limited plan...
    08-18-07 04:35 PM
    Or you could all go tmo and get the good plan for 19.99 a month. hehe it said iv used 53 rim blackberry when i look at my currnet useage. I think that mb but dont know i guess im a crack addait.
    08-20-07 02:53 PM
    Would have to find out about how much I've been using, specially since I have the bb with me at all times. Not something I can say about my regular cell phone,lol!
    I have an unlimited international data plan so I should be ok anyway.
    It is so addictive, would be dangerous to have a data limit.
    08-27-07 12:34 PM
    I wish we had any data plan like this in France
    That's why I want wifi so bad on BB... I hope I can get my hand on a 8820 soon...
    But even without the web, BB are still incredible machines...
    I bet it must change your life to have unlimited data plan though
    08-27-07 02:19 PM
    How do you check with Verizon? I logged on to my account on Verizon and it says nothing about it. Just how many minutes I used.

Thanks! Katherine
    #DATA will give you data usage on verizon
    08-27-07 09:45 PM
    The first month I had my curve I used 25mb, and I just opened last month I used 60mb! Thank goodness I picked an unlimited plan.
    09-09-07 04:19 AM
    I used 141 MB's in August and 165MB's in september
    10-06-07 08:01 AM
    over 160MB? that's like a lot! you must be part of tons of email distro lists.
    10-14-07 09:14 PM
    Picked up my 8800 on the 2nd of this month, I'm at 200MB's so far this month. I'm sure it'll go up after tomorrow and my 8300 gets here since Friday I'll be in the hospital for Back surgery and I'm sure I'll be taking pictures and sending them to my wife and kids when bored.
    10-15-07 07:04 AM
    I checked verizons site and used

Kilobyte Usage kilobytes -- 8889

how do you know what that equals out to ? I just cancelled my data plan because 45$ a month I cant justify, I work from home and only use my cell when Im out of the house - I love having my email access on it - but am not willing to pay $45 a month for it - is there any cheaper way to be able to check your email?
    10-15-07 08:59 AM
    I checked verizons site and used

Kilobyte Usage kilobytes -- 8889

how do you know what that equals out to ? I just cancelled my data plan because 45$ a month I cant justify, I work from home and only use my cell when Im out of the house - I love having my email access on it - but am not willing to pay $45 a month for it - is there any cheaper way to be able to check your email?

1024 KB equals 1 MB

so if your running KB usage is exactly 8889 KB then that's about 8.680664 MB

if $45/month is for unlimited data, go for it - if it's just for 10 or 20 MB, no go
    10-15-07 09:22 AM
    Picked up my 8800 on the 2nd of this month, I'm at 200MB's so far this month. I'm sure it'll go up after tomorrow and my 8300 gets here since Friday I'll be in the hospital for Back surgery and I'm sure I'll be taking pictures and sending them to my wife and kids when bored.
    like how many emails get pushed to your berry each day? hour?
    10-15-07 09:25 AM
    Around 600-700 emails a day for work and the different mail lists that I run and moderate. I'm taking over another security mail list later this month after I start recovering from surgery and I'm sure that will push me up even higher. About 500 of the emails are work related so once I read them on my Outlook then they show up as read on my BB so I can skip right over them.
    10-15-07 09:51 AM
    wow. you're a record holder. keep up the berry excellent work. i might change my mind about the unlimited data plan.

do you do WiFi too? or you do everything over the provider's network?
    10-15-07 09:55 AM
    well according to my bill i used 50 but i have unlimited so that doesn't matter and i can do 2-300 texts if not more a day so i have that unlimited too... but thanks to tmo i only pay 60 a month with 1000 min too... yay! gotta love my tmo!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-07 11:31 AM
    I don't have WiFi on my 8800 and I won't have it on the 8300 Curve. No real need for it and since I run WPA at home, I really don't feel like messing with it. I'm good without WiFi as I don't feel that I need to use the Hi Speed that it's supposed to give me. I get my e-mails in plenty of time and the WiFi is still going to be limited to the processor in the BB anyhow as far as speed and rendering goes of any websites.
    10-15-07 01:05 PM
    8280 Kb to date... since October 11/2007.
    I am a new Blackberry user (use to have a Nokia N80.. love it!) but my company needs me to read corporate email "on the go". So here I am.
    10-16-07 06:28 AM
    this just in (just found out) | out here in the Philippines we have like BB Plans for like $25 for 4MB and $75 for 14MB data allocations. don't you think it's a little too expensive? I mean 4MB or 14MB is like awfully too small..
    10-18-07 07:27 AM
    That does seem pretty steep for only 4 or 14mb. There are no other providers with better/cheaper plans available?
    10-18-07 07:47 AM
    Everyone that I know personally would bury the 14MB's in a heartbeat. Sounds like those plans are just too expensive.
    10-18-07 07:47 AM
    That does seem pretty steep for only 4 or 14mb. There are no other providers with better/cheaper plans available?
    there are only 3 wireless providers here.. one does not have any support for BB infrastructure, the other one has but i have never ever thought about switching to them just yet (might consider if their BB plan isn't so ridiculous).. i'll still try the 4MB just so my 8320 would really feel like a BlackBerry as i am sure a BlackBerry ain't a BlackBerry without email..
    10-18-07 07:55 AM
    folks, is 30MB okay for a month? i mean i don't read a lot of emails at work so it should also be the same on my Berry.. what's the size of an email header? i mean how does the email-receiving part work?

does it work like this: i get a notification of a new email, i would get to read the subject then (a) i can choose to download and read the whole thing or (b) i can choose to just delete it? if i read it, of course there's a download transaction - there's a charge for every KB. if i just delete w/o reading it, i would just get charged for the header size, right? help!

i'm sure emails are in plain text format, so 10KB would be like a lot, right?

i just need to know people. i don't have my Curve yet but i've read a lot about Curve-stuff out here. i'm addicted now

trust me, getting my first BB feels way better than getting a copy of Halo 3 a day after it came out..
    10-19-07 05:41 PM
    i just figured, emails are pushed to BlackBerries in chunks @ 2 KB per chunk. and since emails are truncated, you can always choose to read more and download the next 2KB chunk.
    10-21-07 02:21 PM
    14.5 MB this cycle, Its a good way to monitor your addiction level.
    10-21-07 07:29 PM
    Hello all I just got the BB8830 and I am just loving it so far !
    I signed up for the 8 mg package and I really am not sure if that will be enough ?
    I plan on using it to check my email , which would average about 10 a day or there about , Google chat , and doing the odd google search using the built in browser .
    I have had my BB for about 5 days now and my MG usage so far has been 0.1768 , what ever that is ?
    I thank you for any advise you may have to offer about choosing the right package to go along with my very cool BB
    10-25-07 04:05 PM
170 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD