What is Tether?!?!?!?
    I connect my BB to my laptop and use it to get an internet connection where I don't normally have one....like in the car traveling down the highway :-)
    01-04-08 10:03 PM
    I connect my BB to my laptop and use it to get an internet connection where I don't normally have one....like in the car traveling down the highway :-)
    Oh! OK! Cool! LOL! But on the highway lol!
    01-04-08 11:33 PM
    6 mb on phone and 3 gb on tethering (if I did the math right)
    01-05-08 06:38 AM
    First full month of usage was around 16 MB. It's only bound to get worse (just installed JiveTalk the other day).
    01-05-08 07:24 AM
    wish i could find an unlimited plan with rogers. 4mb's is $25.00/mnth
    01-05-08 05:11 PM
    No unlimited plans anymore in Canada...

I got 500MB per month/$35 i think i should be safe...(hope)
    06-19-09 02:52 AM
    I've had my 8900 for four months (been billed for three, waiting for the forth this month). In the first month I used 11mb, in the second I used 16mb, last month I used 24mb and this month I have hammered the crap out of my data plan so I expect it to be more than 24mb but I get unlimited for free on my contract so it's cool I don't even pay for data
    06-19-09 03:06 AM
    I've had my 8900 for four months (been billed for three, waiting for the forth this month). In the first month I used 11mb, in the second I used 16mb, last month I used 24mb and this month I have hammered the crap out of my data plan so I expect it to be more than 24mb but I get unlimited for free on my contract so it's cool I don't even pay for data
    Hi, where can i find out my data usage on orange? I've checked my bill but it doesn't seem to give a breakdown of my data use.
    06-19-09 03:34 AM
    If you go to the second page of the bill that they send to you in the post and look for the "...and here's how you did it" section then you will see "Talk Summary", "Text Summary" and "Data Summary". Under Data Summary it says "Total Megabytes". You will then see the Data Summary there, it doesn't, however, give you a break down of the data it just tells you the total amount that you have used for that month. -- Hope this helps.
    06-19-09 03:57 AM
    Hi, where can i find out my data usage on orange? I've checked my bill but it doesn't seem to give a breakdown of my data use.
    I've asked Orange about this and it's something they will include on an online bill,but could'nt tell me when..so,they're saying,watch this space!
    (have you got emobile data alerter on your BB..it's great,shows you how much you use per day,per month..there is a thread on here somewhere)

Robin
    06-19-09 04:22 AM
    Thanks for that info robinchun, I have been waiting ages to find out when they will do this, it would be nice to see what I have used it on and check online throughout the month like I can check my minutes! I usually have to phone up during the month to find out what my useage is!
    06-19-09 04:26 AM
    I usually use between 200-300mb per month ... I'm also using eoffice mobile data alerter .. great little software!
    06-19-09 06:23 AM
    6Gb without tethering
    13-14gb with
    06-19-09 06:24 AM
    Where can I find eoffice mobile data alert?
    & is it better than MiniMoni?
    06-19-09 06:30 AM
    I just got my first CrackBerry, the 8830, a week ago and I love it!

I am on Verizon, and didn't know what I needed, so I got the unlimited data plan for $44.99 a month. I almost went on the cheap and got the 10MB plan for $24.99, but I wasn't sure what my usage would be. Since I haven't had time to become fully addicted yet, I thought I'd ask those poor addicted souls out there , how much data do you typcially use on your BB each month? I'm curious what I can expect as I grow more addicted, and if the 10MB plan would be good enough for me.

Thank you,
    Rob
    Are you using your blackberry with your employer? The $45 plan is a BES plan, which is only necessary if you're using your blackberry on a company server. The $35 plan is also "unlimited" like the $45 plan. I would switch if I were you. Technically, Verizon has a 5 GB limit on this plan. But from what I understand, that's only a guideline they use to guage whether or not you've been breaking your contract (using peer to peer or streaming video CONSTANTLY, etc). If you went over 5 GB and hadn't done anything wrong, I think you'd still be fine.

But who on earth would ever use 5 GB? I mean, the battery life in your phone would make that difficult.
    06-19-09 06:31 AM
    Where can I find eoffice mobile data alert?
    & is it better than MiniMoni?
    google it from your BB browser..you get there site and can install from there..(I'm sure there is a thread on here about it and yes,it's better than minimoni)

Robin
    06-19-09 01:43 PM
    @Robinchun; I read somewhere that it's just a trial version and then you have to pay €20 for it, is this correct. Are you running a proper version and not a trial and did you pay for it? I have looked @ their site it's a great little app I just don't fancy paying for one. I'd use mini moni but it was designed for the Pearl and it's too small for my Curve!
    06-19-09 03:35 PM
    I made a conscious effort last month to use as much data as possible...

I ended up using 1.582GB.

Yay for unlimited data.
    06-19-09 03:38 PM
    I downloaded eoffice mobile data alert and now when I try and open it it tells me "Uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointerException"

What :-S
    Please help!!
    06-19-09 03:44 PM
    somewhere around 300-500 megs a month
    06-19-09 03:58 PM
    Unlimited $24 USC

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-09 08:10 PM
    I got my bb on Wed and I have used 8027kb as of yesterday.

I was told by Verizon that the $44- plan was only if you used it for business and the $29- plan was for unlimited non business use. Did they totaly hook me and now I am going to get a super huge bill?
    06-19-09 09:09 PM
    @Robinchun; I read somewhere that it's just a trial version and then you have to pay �20 for it, is this correct. Are you running a proper version and not a trial and did you pay for it? I have looked @ their site it's a great little app I just don't fancy paying for one. I'd use mini moni but it was designed for the Pearl and it's too small for my Curve!
    I'm not paying for it and I suspect that at sometime it will become a paid app..will cross that bridge when I come to it..I don't know why your having problems downloading,try setting the APN to orangewap.

Robin
    06-20-09 02:59 AM
    I am usually around 150 but have reached quite a bit more depending on what I was doing.
    06-20-09 03:35 AM
    This month I only used 19mb and I have used it a lot!
    06-20-09 04:15 AM
170 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD