So after many months of dreaming about having a Q10 I finally got it!. Its here in my hands as I type this. I should be excited right?? well for some reason I am not.

Now before anyone jumps to conclusions, I want to make it very clear that my lack of excitement has nothing to do with the phone or how it operates .

The phone is fantastic and is everything I could ever want in a communication device. It does more than I ever knew possible on any mobile platform and both android as well as apple could take some help from BBRY. BBRY has shown me what its like to have a phone/os that is done right. I am so content with this phone that I feel it would be impossible for me to go back to android or ios and NOT be frustrated.

With all the love i have for this phone, all the excitement leading up to it, why am I suddenly(only moments after getting it) not excited anymore?. Am I just not that much of a phone junkie as I once was?.

Has this ever happened to you? have you ever wanted something so bad and when you finally get it almost instantly the excitement wears off?.

Post your stories or feedback or anything relating to this really.
    07-02-13 03:41 AM
    "After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting." -- Spock

Posted via CB10
    itsyaboy likes this.
    07-02-13 03:50 AM
    "After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting." -- Spock

Posted via CB10
    Very wise
    07-02-13 03:51 AM
    And, yes, OP. This happens to me and I'm sure everyone else. The pursuit and anticipation of something, be it tangible, like a new device, or intangible, such as a goal, generally provides more excitement than the end result.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 03:54 AM
    It happens to me all the time. I'm always buying stuff online and it takes a while to arrive here where I live. The time (weeks, even months) I have to wait is far more exciting than the time after when I'm using whatever I purchased

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 03:58 AM
    its just a phone a tool.It aint deeper than that just a phone.
    Roo Zilla likes this.
    07-02-13 04:00 AM
    I agree with both of you. Its just so weird, usually when I get a phone the excitement at least lasts a few days but this time it was just instant. Its also weird because I have never been this excited about a phone. I had some other random worries in my mind at the time. and also I think exhaustion from heat might be part to blame..heat exhaustion usually takes my excitement for anything and runs away with it.

In response to recool: I know its just a phone. I don't really view it as anything other than that. its just kinda sucks when the excitement goes and i wasn't expecting it so soon.
    07-02-13 04:04 AM
    While I was reading the op and old saying struck my mind: The journey is the reward. And yes, this happens, but to look for the reasons would lead to far into social science. Scientists study this field for years and if you are interested there are probably some book which answer your question. I guess Sigmund Freud(neurologist) or Niklas Luhmann(sociologist) are some iconic scientist in this field, but I am no sociologist or neurologist myself it was just my school knowledge. Hope this helps a little.
    07-02-13 04:20 AM