i have a bb torch ,, had it about a year now.. and over the past day or so its got a mind of its own ... not sure whats going on.. kinda weird. i even wiped it completely today and worse now... cant use the touch screen or the question marks or the alt button it does strange things, the words are jumbled, its never been wet or steamed or anything .. help!!!
    02-16-12 07:43 PM
    I'm so sorry, that sounds frustrating! I know you said you wiped it; but did you try a battery pull? Someone on here recommended that I tweet @Blackberryhelp (RIM's Twitter page - find it for the exact username to tweet). They usually respond from twenty minutes to a few hours; but their advice is good. Are you in a contract? You might have to get a loaner phone from your carrier so they can send your phone out to get fixed. Good luck!
    02-16-12 08:54 PM
    I have pulled the battery lots. Lol I have a bold. So I will use that til I get the issue fixed I think. What a pain in the . Lol. Thank u for thevquick reply!
    02-16-12 09:20 PM
    I also have a BB Torch 9800 and noticed last night
    it reset on its own. I have never used any of BB
    messenger apps and I don't use the browser because
    pages take too long to load. I'm somewhat concerned
    running Desktop app BB to update files. My torch is only 8 months and this is my third returned ATT device. ATT tried
    every tech fix they know and still couldn't get dropped calls
    and signal loss fixed.
    02-16-12 09:55 PM
    I've had the 9800 for 10 months and so far no problems

Dropped calls have been rare with my phone and sometimes I'm amazed at the places I'll pick-up signals (Ex. underground parking lot, elevators)

The OP probably has a hardware issue
    02-16-12 10:20 PM
    I have pulled the battery lots. Lol I have a bold. So I will use that til I get the issue fixed I think. What a pain in the . Lol. Thank u for thevquick reply!
    Hi, you said you've wiped the phone and you,ve pulled the battery. When you wiped it did you restore it before you tried it out?
    Would you be willing to reinstall the os on the phone? If that didn't fix the problem I would say we're looking at a hardware problem.
    02-16-12 11:24 PM
    well its all of a sudden fixed it self for today .. very strange... but for now.. its a good thing! how would i go about reinstalling an os system? kind of curious now.....
    02-17-12 11:21 AM
    • Instal the desired OS onto your computer

• Before you do anything, back up your BlackBerry device. Open the BlackBerry Desktop Manager and select Backup and Restore. On the next screen select Backup and perform a full backup of your device data. Note where the backup file is located (usually in the Documents folder). Close the BlackBerry Desktop Manager and leave your device plugged in.

• Open Windows Explorer and go to the following folder: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\ and open the Loader.exe file. Depending on your computer's settings, you may need to show hidden folders.

• After the device configuration has been retrieved, you will be on the Device Application Selection page. You may scroll through the list to ensure all the applications you want are selected. You can also de-select any applications you don't use to save space. Click Next.

• On the next page, click on the Advanced button. Ensure that both boxes (Delete all application data and Delete all currently installed applications) are checked. Click Next.

• Proceed with the OS reinstall. Note that this process may take 10-30 minutes (usually ~10 minutes). Do not disconnect the device.

• Once the process is complete, re-open the BlackBerry Desktop Manager. Select Backup and Restore and open the Restore application. Select the file to restore (Backup-(Year-Month-Day).ipd) and click open. Follow the steps to restore your device.

• Re-enable your device connection by going to Manage Connections and turn on your Mobile Network. Re-download any missing applications and re-connect to any BlueTooth devices and you're done.
    02-17-12 01:55 PM
    I'm glad you have a back-up phone to use until then! I'm sorry I wasn't that much help!
    02-17-12 02:20 PM
    no thank you for all the advice! i guess i cant put os7 on the torch hey? that would be cool .. its an unlocked phone , and a year old .. so there is no warranty to worry about, im just looking for something new to try too so if i can put the new os on there that the new bold 9900 has then thats cool any one know about that? and is this safe? can it pooch the phone if it doesnt work ? and how long does it usually take? sorry for all the questions.. im just curious!
    02-17-12 09:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD