ok so i don't have a lot of things running on my BB. i have done the beginner steps in the memory guides posted on here.

my problem is not missing call logs or texts, luckily i haven't lost any of those lol. but i often go from 12MB to 6MB in one day!!!! so im having to do battery pulls everyday. i also don't leave apps running in the background and try to clear my internet cache everyday.
    09-02-08 04:01 PM
    8130 has horrible memory management. What apps do you have? Do you have any pics, ringtones, or themes on the device memory? Do you have a memory card?
    09-02-08 04:06 PM
    oh lol. i have viigo, google sync(but ive changed it to manual sync), live search, aim, weather eye, and 3 games. and i literally have one pic on my device memory(to hide it lol) and the rest including my ringtones are on the memory card.
    09-02-08 04:14 PM
    Viigo shows up in a lot of posts about low memory. I haven't used it, but apparently it uses a fair amount of memory. You might try deleting it for a day or two and see if your problem goes away. If it does, at least you know what's causing it and can decide if you want to live with it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-08 04:21 PM
    good idea, yea i might have to try that bcuz i don't really want a curve or a bold.
    09-02-08 04:31 PM
    Dam hate to hear that about your memory. I have a 8100 on 4.2
    I have viggo, wallet, instango, opera mini, 15 shortcuts, gmail app, bbnotepad, google sync, google maps gcal, gflash, gref, zelda and 2 other games and after all data use I never go under 19,xxx,xxx Meg. I used mem max or some dam program out there to fee up memory by getting rid of all kinds of crap.

09-02-08 09:17 PM
    What did you delete or your own or did you use max mem for everything? And also did max mem delete your texts? Cuz I like to keep mine for 2 months.

09-02-08 09:30 PM
    max mem will not get rid of your texts just programs or themes that you dont need
    09-02-08 09:34 PM
    Lol does it ask u first? I use all my themes, the 5 stock ones and 2 extra. And all my programs except voice dialing, sprint TV, sprint store. Also can I delete sprint maps and navigation and still be able to used GPS based apps like Live Search? And if I want them back can't I just re install them through desktop management ?

09-02-08 09:38 PM
    have you gone through the memory link in my sig ? the only problem with max mem is that certain things you delete will be re added when you hook up to dm unless you edit the java folder for it
    09-02-08 09:41 PM
    No I'm on WAP so I can't see your signature. Ill have to try it tomorrow cuz my comp is off for the night.

09-02-08 09:44 PM
    ok let me know if you have any questions about the guide
    09-02-08 09:46 PM
    Cool. Thanx : ) everyone on this forum is so helpful! I love crackberry.

09-02-08 09:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD