First and foremost, I am not here to troll. With that said, I have an 8830 through my employer and while I admit it's great for corporate use, BIS is awful (at least for me).

Issues include:

1. No native support for IMAP folders.

2. No 2-way reconciliation for most email accounts. For someone using their phone 100% of the time for email that's fine, but not when you are using multiple devices. There are many times I read and reply to an email on my pc and 10 minutes later the original email is just arriving on my BB.

3. No way to manually sync for email accounts that cannot be pushed. You have to wait 10 - 15 minutes for your mail to arrive.

4. No native support for wireless syncing of calendar / contacts without BES (which you must pay extra for). All other devices allow you to set up an exchange account as long as you have a data plan.

Am I missing something here? If so, what is it? Again, I am not trying to start an argument.

I do not need assistance with any of these issues. My question is why choose a Blackberry despite these issues? Email is supposed to be the best reason for going with a BB.
    Last edited by tenorsaw; 05-10-09 at 07:10 PM.
    05-10-09 04:17 PM
    In all honesty if you do a search each and every one of your beefs have been covered here before. All this thread is going to turn into is a big fight.
    05-10-09 04:42 PM
    Forever is right, its like dumping chum in the water... Here come the sharks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-09 04:44 PM
    I'm not sure what you mean by mail arriving 10 minutes later on your BB. I get my mail on my BB before I get it on my PC.
    05-10-09 04:46 PM
    That's because the 8830 is obsolete.
    05-10-09 04:57 PM
    What's so special about Blackberry? Simply put-everything! True that for business use BES helps with mail but I've had it both ways and with that one exception, Balckberry rocks!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-09 05:20 PM
    Just use the search feature at the top of the forums. Like Forever put it, every one of those arguments has been covered. You can find a resolution to your issues in minutes.
    05-10-09 05:49 PM
    I'm not sure what you mean by mail arriving 10 minutes later on your BB. I get my mail on my BB before I get it on my PC.
    It depends on your email account.

In all honesty if you do a search each and every one of your beefs have been covered here before. All this thread is going to turn into is a big fight.
    I've done a search and have known about these issues. I'm not asking for help.
    05-10-09 06:56 PM
    That's because the 8830 is obsolete.
    They gave me a Storm the day it arrived and I hated it. It was given back within three days.
    05-10-09 06:59 PM
    It depends on your email account.

I've done a search and have known about these issues. I'm not asking for help.
    they way i read your first post is sounded like you were asking for help. Every device will have things that can be taken negatively. Thats just the way it is.
    05-10-09 06:59 PM
    they way i read your first post is sounded like you were asking for help. Every device will have things that can be taken negatively. Thats just the way it is.
    Thanks for the answer. Maybe I chose the wrong words for my initial post. I'll try to edit it.
    05-10-09 07:07 PM
    I receive my email on my BlackBerry before my gmail.
    05-10-09 07:10 PM
    I receive my email on my BlackBerry before my gmail.
    Again, it depends on which email service you are using.
    05-10-09 07:13 PM
    What the OP is looking for is...

For those using it for BIS, what is so special.

I can understand the OPs frustration especially due to RIM being "Email/Messaging King"

I can add to this list in which I hope RIM can eventually get in gear and bring us what a lot of new operating systems (WebOS & OS X) will have or already have.

----------------------------

True HTML email - On my iPhone, There are times my iPhone shows my email better (referring to Yahoo) than my PC does.

True IMAP support - For folders support. I store and file all my email, so if I need to reach them, I have to use my iPhone to retrieve and view them.

Real Threaded SMS - If there was, 3jam and others wouldn't exist.

There is more, but that all in the Email/Messaging realm.

To the OP... you may want to consider a different brand if the BlackBerry isn't doing it for you. I love BBM and can't live w/o it right now. The push email is also a big thing for me as well as background processes for GPS Navigation.
    05-10-09 07:21 PM
    What the OP is looking for is...

For those using it for BIS, what is so special.

I can understand the OPs frustration especially due to RIM being "Email/Messaging King"

I can add to this list in which I hope RIM can eventually get in gear and bring us what a lot of new operating systems (WebOS & OS X) will have or already have.

True HTML email - On my iPhone, There are times my iPhone shows my email better (referring to Yahoo) than my PC does.

True IMAP support - For folders support. I store and file all my email, so if I need to reach them, I have to use my iPhone to retrieve and view them.

Real Threaded SMS - If there was, 3jam and others wouldn't exist.

There is more, but that all in the Email/Messaging realm.

To the OP... you may want to consider a different brand if the BlackBerry isn't doing it for you. I love BBM and can't live w/o it right now. The push email is also a big thing for me as well as background processes for GPS Navigation.
    Thanks for the reply. I actually use an iPhone as my personal phone. The 8830 is from my employer. I use BBM as well and it's great. As a corporate device, the BB does the job. As a consumer device, BIS still has a long way to go, IMO.

I just thought that there were other reasons to love the BB in order to overlook the flaws, which is why I posted my question.
    05-10-09 07:55 PM
    Thanks for the reply. I actually use an iPhone as my personal phone. The 8830 is from my employer. I use BBM as well and it's great. As a corporate device, the BB does the job. As a consumer device, BIS still has a long way to go, IMO.

I just thought that there were other reasons to love the BB in order to overlook the flaws, which is why I posted my question.
    Yep... I understood.

Some reasons:

Push email
    Background processes - I love my IM running in the background
    Stable OS - compared to winMO or palm, it's stellar.
    05-10-09 08:22 PM
    Yep... I understood.

Some reasons:

Push email
    Background processes - I love my IM running in the background
    Stable OS - compared to winMO or palm, it's stellar.
    Great points! The OS is definitely better, at least until the Pre comes out.
    05-10-09 08:54 PM
    bush email
    and wsj app and the fact that i can type on it
    05-10-09 09:29 PM
    I at one time sold phones for Cingular (pre - ATT days), Sprint, and VZW. I have also enjoyed the experience of using many phones and smartphones in the past, once I grabbed onto my first BB... it was by far the most well thought out and best engineered device I have ever used. The best technologies in the biz are behind these phones. I wont ever buy any other brand of device again.
    05-10-09 09:38 PM
    I never stated the other devices I have had, so my point was somewhat missed. LOL. Anyhow; Palm Treo 650, Mot Q, BB 8703e, BB 8830, BB 8330, and now my UberStorm BB 9530 w/ .132
    05-10-09 09:46 PM
    for me whats so special about bis on my berry .......
    is a can hold multiple email accounts and get my emails pushed to each and everyone
    blackberry messenger is very fast (love it)
    05-10-09 10:23 PM
    Since I am looking for a new phone, & I've been taking the courses online here, I've been wondering the same. I want a phone that is secure enough to day trade, screen twist high enough to read print and watch TV, easy for typing, email push, intuitive, and fits into a smaller hand - I hate 2 handed devices. Bluetooth is obvious- no driving with a cell in hand. But the wifi thing - I don't hang out in wifi zones, just have 1 in my house, and I believe that VZ cripples that and Sprint has been a poor provider for me. ATT won't cover this area. So I'm waiting, lurking, learning, and still not sure whether to wait for the Tour, give up and get a 8330 with Sprint for less $$, or keep trying to find the holy grail of computer in the hand that actually gets signal in remote areas. Any non-snarky replies? Thanks!
    05-11-09 12:44 AM
    Since I am looking for a new phone, & I've been taking the courses online here, I've been wondering the same. I want a phone that is secure enough to day trade, screen twist high enough to read print and watch TV, easy for typing, email push, intuitive, and fits into a smaller hand - I hate 2 handed devices. Bluetooth is obvious- no driving with a cell in hand. But the wifi thing - I don't hang out in wifi zones, just have 1 in my house, and I believe that VZ cripples that and Sprint has been a poor provider for me. ATT won't cover this area. So I'm waiting, lurking, learning, and still not sure whether to wait for the Tour, give up and get a 8330 with Sprint for less $$, or keep trying to find the holy grail of computer in the hand that actually gets signal in remote areas. Any non-snarky replies? Thanks!
    Maybe a Pearl? Fits in the hand perfectly... you can choose either 8110/8120 on the GSM carriers (AT&T has both, T-mobile has the 8120) or the 8130 in which both Sprint & Verizon have.
    05-11-09 12:49 AM
    The reason it was given back in three days is because you are stupid. It takes a couple weeks to get used to that device. Then again, it might be above you.. yup it's above you
    05-11-09 12:52 AM
    Hey bb123456789, that was a fantastic, well thought out response. Now how about coming back when you grow up....
    05-11-09 01:19 AM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD