03-12-11 09:22 PM
37 12
tools
    if you want to play games and have music blaring out of your phone allday (remember to use your headphnes) get an iphone.... to be honest i have never had the time to sit around and play games...if u want a proper smartphone get a bb.. i have used bb for years and have never found a device to make me think twice on my upgrade.. i had and iphone(it was free from work) it was good as a toy, its now a paperweight on my desk and will remain that way
    03-08-11 06:56 AM
    I personally don't ask for much out of a smartphone. My priorities, other than calling and texting are a solid set of PIM features and communication (email, Facebook, etc). I have a mini DSLR, but I wouldn't complain if my BB had a higher resolution camera for times where I don't have my mini DSLR with me, but that's not something I need to have. For web browsing on the go, I'd rather just use a tablet on wifi, but I also am not someone who has to browse full-blown web sites all the time. Most of what I read on the go are RSS feeds, and I'm perfectly content to use mobile sites for reading (one thing I love about Safari is the reader view!).

In other words, for those of us who don't want/need all the bells and whistles, BB's are the perfect device.
    03-08-11 07:33 AM
    I love the BB OS. I love the push email, fast texts, the LED notification is a HUGE plus for me. It's fast, it does what I want it to. So much more customizable than the iPhone. Just adore it! Won't ever be leaving BlackBerry!
    03-08-11 07:40 AM
    for me it is......
    battery life....real send / end keys......good keyboards
    03-08-11 09:24 PM
    Battery life, email, bbm, keyboard in that order.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-08-11 09:41 PM
    After three months with my Galaxy S as my daily driver, I still pick up and use my Tour on occasion. I actually find my Tour to be a solid device (although the trackball drives me nuts now). The keyboard is excellent.

The thing I realized about my Blackberry is that it is definitely a messaging device, and a NOW device. That blinking LED drew me in to reading responding right away. When running my business, it kept me to responding promptly. The bad side of that was after hours - I still felt like I had to respond right away.

I think the biggest thing I miss from my BB is BBM Groups. They can really come in handy if you have a group of people using it. We had a family group where we could share the calendar, add things to a grocery list, and communicate between all family members.
    03-09-11 03:32 PM
    It does everything I need it to do well. Great for messaging and email. I love the full qwerty keyboard and battery life, I wouldn't trade my BlackBerry for any other device out there.

03-09-11 11:17 PM
    It does exactly what i want it to do. It has only ever dropped one call and i blame the person on the other end. i get my email, twitter (though doesn't update like it should software issue i guess), facebook, and mobil web. thats all i really need, i never have to fix it since i learned to close background apps. i got all my movies on it that i can watch were ever and when ever i want. i can use it as a mass storage device and see all those files i put in unlike some devices. i only have to use the desktop manager to update and back up, I'm not forced to use it to load songs, documents, movies, or pictures. It will work with my future playbook without needing to add it as a carrier charge, except the web but i will wait for tether to fix that.
    The only thing that will make me change from this phone is..... the torch 3. yep not even thinking about the torch 2 when i got playbook on the brain.
    03-10-11 06:47 AM
    Besides the obvious email and bbm, password keeper is a major feature for me. It allows me to keep all of my online user names and passwords with customer service and account numbers in one secure place. the media player is anothr one I used regularly, I don't like having to have a 2nd device and I have plenty of room still on my 16g sd. Also the customization, I got a droid a while back and was disappointed with the lack of "profiles", not being able to set different tones the way I can on my many bbs. I would've been ok with that, but the email was horrid. Also brickbreaker is nice to have back.

03-11-11 08:53 AM
    Like I've said more than a few times. Right out the box every blackberry is ready to go to work. I don't have to go dl a lot of what I need. I don't know how the androids go about swapping setups from 1 debice to another but the iphone isn't as sweet as a bkackberry if you use swap devices. I like the blackberry file system. Its very user friendly to me. I like the way blackberrys look myself. I think they have the best looks and function. You can watch or listen to media or play games and not sacrafice commucation ability.

03-11-11 02:47 PM
    Call quality, Best physical KB's around, true multi-tasking....battery life. Fits me like a glove.

Don't need a gaming phone. I have a psp for on the go and a ps3 at home...

Also prefer the look of a Candy bar style BB over any other phone.

03-12-11 08:19 AM
    the only thing love about my bb is the way i get email everything else kinda blows
    03-12-11 09:22 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD