You mean aside from the fact that you can't choose whatever notification sound you want ?
    And no notification LED?
    Or no AOD to replace it?

Lol sorry my "iOS bash mode" has activated itself.
    You can set custom sound for each app. Yup, iphone has no led and no AOD. Who do you think they are? They can even ripped off headphone jack LOL. No way they're gonna put a (not truly important) led.
    the_boon likes this.
    05-27-19 10:21 AM
    You can set custom sound for each app. Yup, iphone has no led and no AOD. Who do you think they are? They can even ripped off headphone jack LOL. No way they're gonna put a (not truly important) led.
    Silly me, how could I forget, Apple doesn't add features, they remove them (innovation)
    Luke Beauchamp likes this.
    05-27-19 02:05 PM
    Silly me, how could I forget, Apple doesn't add features, they remove them (innovation)
    They control features. You either like them or go without them.
    They have a very stable and well thought out environment but choice is not something they give their customers.
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    05-27-19 02:18 PM
    LOL I agree. But they always offer something else for replacement.

Remove jackphone, make a wireless headset with built-in chip in it.

Remove bluray disc from mac, offer online download solution for software through appstore. And look where we are now.

Remove pkb, replace it with intuitive vkb on bitmap capacitive touchscreen.

Before 2017, a phone with 6' or more screen would be considered as phablet. Since iphone X released and set the trend of bezelless display, phone can have big screen without even adding more top and chin. 6' phone is no longer considered as big/phablet.

They're progressive, I could say they set the trend.
    TgeekB and Tsepz_GP like this.
    05-27-19 02:25 PM
    the only reason I have a blackberry keytwo now is due to the keyboard. my job requires me to reply a lot of emails and whatsapp. the keyboard on my keytwo does assist a lot.
    the_boon likes this.
    06-03-19 10:49 AM
    It's fast af. Built like a truck and has fantastics speakers and screen. I'm an adult. Its all I need.
    06-03-19 05:05 PM
    It's fast af. Built like a truck and has fantastics speakers and screen. I'm an adult. Its all I need.
    Have you been drinking?
    06-03-19 05:34 PM
    That is a question that I had to ask myself last month. The only answer I could come up with is the pkb. Some BlackBerry users call it nostalgia. For me, it's stubborn. Not willing to adapt to change from being comfortable for so long.

Decided to make myself a little uncomfortable and go with the vkb from BlackBerry and dare I say, I am liking it better than the pkb. Even still get to copy and paste from it which was something I thought I lost. Starting to feel at home with it now.
    08-04-19 11:38 PM
    keyboard. Also, small size ( Q10, Classic).
    08-05-19 12:49 AM
    First of all is the security. The keyboard is a plus.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-19 09:24 AM
    First of all is the security. The keyboard is a plus.

Posted via CB10
    Pretty sure you have that backwards.

See Aurora, Motion, Evolve.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    08-05-19 09:38 AM

O.k. -without these.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-19 09:42 AM
    I do wonder if there is much of a PKB market.... without the brand and the security?

PKB might go on to exist.... I think BlackBerry Android Secure is not viable, and is done.
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    08-05-19 10:06 AM
    Cue in lawsuits and counter lawsuits over the licensing agreement.

I can’t help but think there must having been a tipping point in the BlackBerry - TCL agreement. Must have been soon after the Red Key2 for the USA was announced.
    08-05-19 10:48 AM

Not necessarily.
    See Unihertz Titan.

I do wonder if there is much of a PKB market.... without the brand and the security?
    Yeah, I'd say that TCL would be wise to rebuild along the lines of keeping the BlackBerry "halo" intact. Aesthetics, security, feel, and battery life should always be addressed. The pkb wins by default since brand identity is so solidly linked to it.
    08-06-19 02:49 PM
    Not necessarily.
    See Unihertz Titan.

Yeah, I'd say that TCL would be wise to rebuild along the lines of keeping the BlackBerry "halo" intact. Aesthetics, security, feel, and battery life should always be addressed. The pkb wins by default since brand identity is so solidly linked to it.
    The market clearly decided that the added security delta was not worth paying for. There can be no argument about that.

The 3 licencees put together could only sell pkb devices in any appreciable numbers - not so for slabs.
    08-06-19 02:57 PM
    What's the point of having an Hauwei now
    What's the point of having an Nokia now
    What's the point of having an Samsung now
    What's the point of having an iphone now
    You don't need any special reason. And shopping is emotional. How many people still carrying a symbian phone (like me, the nokia 808 for wonderful pics and just because I like it)
    Or a windows phone, or BB Bold...

Now a Classic since 2016, with 3 LCD's replaced by myself with youtube help
    Oh and I'm very rich by the way. I could have any phone I want ))

Posted via Classic Immortal edition
    dmlis likes this.
    08-06-19 02:58 PM
    What's the point of having an Hauwei now
    What's the point of having an Nokia now
    What's the point of having an Samsung now
    What's the point of having an iphone now
    You don't need any special reason. And shopping is emotional. How many people still carrying a symbian phone (like me, the nokia 808 for wonderful pics and just because I like it)
    Or a windows phone, or BB Bold...

Now a Classic since 2016, with 3 LCD's replaced by myself with youtube help
    Oh and I'm very rich by the way. I could have any phone I want ))

Posted via Classic Immortal edition
    Well as your very rich, if you would be willing to just buy devices to artificially inflate BBMo sales numbers to a viable point... my guess is another million units a year might be enough to start with.

Other wise their products will join all the other dead products you seem to enjoy. There is nothing wrong with liking those products, you just have to understand your wants are way outside the bubble that would make them viable products anymore.

The point in most those other brands you mentioned... they understand the "market" and focus their products on what consumers are in general asking for, or at least will buy in numbers that will sustain them.
    TgeekB, Tsepz_GP and ppeters914 like this.
    08-06-19 03:38 PM
    The market clearly decided that the added security delta was not worth paying for. There can be no argument about that.

The 3 licencees put together could only sell pkb devices in any appreciable numbers - not so for slabs.
    All I'm saying is that the pkb by itself will not sell phones. If that were the case, there would be a healthy selection of them to choose from.
    08-06-19 03:53 PM
    All I'm saying is that the pkb by itself will not sell phones. If that were the case, there would be a healthy selection of them to choose from.
    Not really. The market for pkb is itself very small. The market for secure phones is much smaller still.
    TgeekB and ppeters914 like this.
    08-06-19 04:07 PM
    The keyboard.
    08-06-19 04:17 PM
    Not really. The market for pkb is itself very small. The market for secure phones is much smaller still.
    Ummm kay. Fxtex Pro1, the Titan. Which one will you choose? lol.
    08-06-19 04:49 PM
    Ummm kay. Fxtex Pro1, the Titan. Which one will you choose? lol.
    I'd be perfectly happy with a BlackBerry keyboard on a device running Android One.

There are plenty of other reasons not to choose a Chinese kickstarter phone or a massive landscape slider.
    Last edited by conite; 08-06-19 at 05:53 PM.
    08-06-19 04:55 PM
    Getting back on track, the point of having a BB10 phone (especially a BlackBerry Passport) in this day and age, is ultra warp 12 coolness. There is no other antique device out there, doing that.

The idea that "old" should automatically equate to "bad" and "new" to "good" is just faulty reasoning. It's the sort of argument I'd expect from a starry-eyed iSheep.
    08-06-19 07:27 PM
    The idea that "old" should automatically equate to "bad" and "new" to "good" is just faulty reasoning. It's the sort of argument I'd expect from a starry-eyed iSheep.
    I would agree that one should use whatever works for him/her. Absolutely.

But we also can't ignore that technical advances and user needs/wants are highly correlated.
    08-06-19 09:07 PM
357 ... 1112131415