I've been waiting for the Key3, but that seems hopeless. I always seem to wait and wait. So here I am, I can't believe it, but I've moved on to Apple. so I guess I won't need to wait on Blackberry any more.
    You won’t need to wait for BB or wait endlessly for updates that are never coming.

What iPhone did you get?

I’ve had a XS Max for about 2.5 months now and just got a Apple Watch Series 3 Nike Edition and I am loving this ecosystem, from my phone, tablet to watch, everything works so cohesively and with little effort.

Hope the keyboard is treating you well, I know many people coming from BB PKB around here have struggled with the iOS keyboard in the beginning.
    08-17-19 06:08 AM
    Ahh, but most people understandably don't want to buy from a tiny reseller or used, especially if they won't be able to get a replacement should theirs have a problem. In fact, that's a massive point in Apple's favor: customer service.

The thing is, even most hardcore PKB fans just aren't willing to give up so much to get one. They're not willing to pay scalper's fees from a third-party reseller on an already expensive-for-what-you-get phone, and have limited carrier support, and have limited after-sales support, and probably not get their one software upgrade, and very possibly have the companies involved exiting the smartphone business entirely.

This is why enterprise largely hasn't touched a BB since 2013 (they're risk-averse), and the few who did got burned and replaced their devices under public shame (much like buyers of WinPhone devices), and why sales keep going down, with support going down, etc. It's called a death spiral, and short of coming up with something new and amazing that everyone MUST have... death is the only eventuality. Whether or not we see a K3 (and I doubt it at this point), we're quite close to that point now. TCL claims to be losing money on every phone sold, much as BB did before they exited the business themselves. If you can't sell in volume, there's just no way to recover development, production, marketing, distribution, and support costs.
    These very reasons are why I didn’t buy a Key2 or Key2 LE and bought an XR instead when BOGO effectively made a 128GB XR $375 USD for me.

I still looked at Key2 and Key2 LE but in the end, even though I already owned the AT&T KEYone, I purchased the BE KEYone since it received some limited carrier support, at 1/2 the price new from BBMo Amazon offering.

I’ve NEVER paid anything close to full price for ANY BB or BBMo device if not through AT&T since I value carrier support after my first BB experience. I learned BB wasn’t set up for direct consumer interaction back in 2003 when I had small BIS issue.
    08-17-19 06:32 AM
    BB10 is one point for buying a BlackBerry VKB or PKB....if only a new one was in the works.
    ....oh and maybe this....but I also suspect (suspect is way too much of an understatement though) Android phones have their own issues. Maybe time for a corporate rethink and return to bb10 should be seriously considered.....even for consumers as well.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/zakdoff.../#56e9b0f32524
    09-01-19 10:36 PM
    BB10 is one point for buying a BlackBerry VKB or PKB....if only a new one was in the works.
    ....oh and maybe this....but I also suspect (suspect is way too much of an understatement though) Android phones have their own issues. Maybe time for a corporate rethink and return to bb10 should be seriously considered.....even for consumers as well.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/zakdoff.../#56e9b0f32524
    There’s no human capital or economic capital available if anyone really wanted to burn money to begin with
    09-01-19 10:42 PM
    There’s no human capital or economic capital available if anyone really wanted to burn money to begin with
    Loose lips sink ships. There's capital return in investing in that not happening.
    09-03-19 11:57 PM
    Loose lips sink ships. There's capital return in investing in that not happening.
    Yes but most of that infrastructure will only be constructed on the dark side of the moon, or maybe it’s already built there?
    09-04-19 12:02 AM
    the thing is I've planned this alot earlier and many of us are doing it. bb holds no solid position when you compete with latest iPhones Samsungs Notes or other so called worthy brands, its true. but I carry bb as a work device. they are productive. I have note 8 as well and looking forward to upgrade to Note 10 or others in future but bb keyone is a must device along with it. Everything can be achieved on Note but not on that manner as been done by bb hub and physical keyboard. its more easy and just get things done easily. bb devices may not have the best of cameras and displays but when it cones to actually doing work tasks daily keyone is much better. so I am out of this competition thing and rely on two devices out of which One should be Blackberry and other could be any good entertaining device. I understand its difficult to carry 2 devices at a time but trust me after keeping this combination for few years now I think this is the best combination. I'll switch to Key 2 or Key 3 in future
    09-13-19 07:56 PM
357 ... 131415