For me, it's the PKB, of course! I'm running my Cobalt Blue Classic into the ground as my work cell phone, favorite text and email messaging device, and checking out these nice forums on the CrackBerry app!

Posted via CB10 | SQC100-4 Classic in Cobalt Blue
    05-08-19 10:22 PM
    this is tragic

can't believe I'm seeing these threads

really eol for BlackBerry?

I've just recently got my key2

don't think I'll be able to go back to a slab phone

was only the other day someone asked me " wow is that a blackberry".

so sad
    05-08-19 10:36 PM
    and blackberry bold 9700 and BBM is how I ended up meeting my wife in 2011 and now married with kids !
    Mecca EL and Vasilios Patras like this.
    05-08-19 10:37 PM
    keyboard. im young-ish for a die hard but ive had a blackberry since 2003 and never really bothered to learn to type on glass. id love to avoid it for ever but its looking less likely. also I type 100k words a month on my phone... I could never do that on glass
    Exactly, typing on glass is still just so inferior.

I don't understand how so many people just "put up with it".

The KEY phones should easily be selling well.
    DWonder likes this.
    05-08-19 10:53 PM
    Literally no one ive ever run accross is aware this phone exists. How in the world could that lead to success?
    anon(10218918) and ppeters914 like this.
    05-08-19 10:56 PM
    Literally no one ive ever run accross is aware this phone exists. How in the world could that lead to success?
    Exactly! No marketing = no sales...

There is so much Instagram will take your brand. At some point the campaign needs to broaden way beyond posting daily...

It looks as if though there are no marketing dollars available and that's where the issue is at.

I believe there is a market, way beyond BlackBerry Mobile realize in sales at the moment.
    05-09-19 12:16 AM
    A couple of reasons but the truth is the market has spoken loud and clear with what matters.

I love the keyboard. It's so much more satisfying to type out a lot of messages and emails on a physical keyboard. It's more accurate and has a more solid feel to it.

BlackBerry security: I do think that security is something that a lot of people discount but I think it's more important. How much more secure an Android BlackBerry is and will be in 2019, 2020 etc might be up for debate, iOS and Android have made a lot of ground in this area from what I've heard.

Design and unique factor: I do find myself and perhaps a lot of BlackBerry users to be the type who go against the grain, the contrarians so to speak. We get roasted by friends and family for still using a BlackBerry and are always on the defensive and showing the features loud and proud. I always hear from people the same thing "I used to LOVE my BlackBerry "

Designs for the phones are also totally unique and I love that unique look and feel. I've always found the materials and finishing on a lot of the phones to be amazing. The Bold 9000, 9900. So sexy with that stainless steel band. The Q10 was a solid piece of machine excellence, the Classic brought back the Bold series look and feel but in a modern OS and the Passport. What a design for a phone! The SE which is my phone for daily use, what a sexy looking piece of hardware.

I've always found the screen for BlackBerry phones, the 1:1 ratio or close to it on a lot of BlackBerry phones like Classic, Q10, Passport etc makes sense.

If you can message while looking at a wider screen and than have the videos and other features on the screen on the same side as how you hold the phone, it makes sense. Why change how you hold it? I get that a lot of screens go to the 16:9 ratio like tv, computer screens etc. Phones seem different though.

Long post so I will finish off by saying I hope a Key 3 comes out and we all support the BlackBerry Mobile brand as much as possible. I'm still on BlackBerry 10 and I love it but how much longer I can stay on the platform might be coming to an end. With a KEY 3 coming in late 19 or sometime in 2020 maybe we can get another 3-5 years of BlackBerry goodness!

Posted via CB10
    Molfus, RCJ28 and phuoc like this.
    05-09-19 12:32 AM
    Since newer android has paid more attention into privacy and security at the same level of dtek, there is no point except you’re a diehard fan.
    arkenoi and John Albert like this.
    05-09-19 02:37 AM

Perhaps, people from 99% market share don’t do their works on phone. I mean, who is gonna do their excel documents on phone?

Seriously who?
    05-09-19 02:41 AM
    Since newer android has paid more attention into privacy and security at the same level of dtek, there is no point except you’re a diehard fan.
    You sure about that comparison to DTEK? Yeah?
    05-09-19 02:50 AM
    Me doin Excel on my phone.
    As well as all else, too. I am "living"on it (virtually).
    05-09-19 02:53 AM
    PKB and hub always were and are my only reasons to own BB.
    eiruvrav likes this.
    05-09-19 03:29 AM
    You sure about that comparison to DTEK? Yeah?
    You sound like someone who haven’t read android Pie’s and Q’s whitepaper

So yeah I’m sure
    John Albert and Mecca EL like this.
    05-09-19 03:39 AM
    Beside added security by BlackBerry (Cylance ?) and the PKB it could be the form factor. The newly allowed screen ratios make devices like Passport and Classic possible. In times where all phones look equal it could be a stand-alone feature for BBMo.
    Last edited by CrackPriv; 05-09-19 at 04:37 AM.
    05-09-19 03:42 AM
    Perhaps, people from 99% market share don’t do their works on phone. I mean, who is gonna do their excel documents on phone?

Seriously who?
    Me. My crew. My company. Most of my competitors. Nearly all of my clients. I personally edit at least 100 cells per day. A dozen or so days per year that approaches nearly 1000 cells. Just for myself those days.

That said, your question IS relevant. The answer depends on defining "phone". I, personally, don't consider ANY handset lacking PHYSICAL phone control keys to be a "phone". Imo. Selecting and editing cells, or ANY data field, on "mini-tablets" is utter misery, imo. Even if those "mini-tablets" include phone capability... like 99% of devices being called "phones" these days. Lol.

Selecting & editing text fields on 9900, however, is shear JOY! I do at least 90% excel editing on a Bold. Single hand, single thumb. Frequently preferred over the desktop sitting right in front of me. 9900 is THAT good at spreadsheet editing! In fact, I firmly believe Microsoft could consider offering a 9900 inspired spreadsheet editing appliance! The thing is THAT good!

Sadly, nothing offered since 2011 is as good. Certainly NO "mini-tablets". I'll be editing spreadsheets on deactivated 9900 for as long as possible. After that? K series with Bluetooth mouse is as good as it gets, imo. Fwiw.
    05-09-19 05:17 AM
    Hi friends,

first off: This is a serious question and I wanna know your opinion on that.
    It's not meant to be offensive in any way - really wanna know your point of view!

Why I ask that question:

BBM is moving away from consumer,
    some native BlackBerry apps (like Productivity Tab etc.) won't be supported as end of June,
    OS10 is EOL end of 2019.

With sight to Android Q, which will natively offer a DTEK equivalent (app permission and controls)
    within privacy settings.

Is it the PKB only that keeps you with BlackBerry?
    Will you stay with BlackBerry?
    What is left having a BlackBerry now?

Thanks in advance for every reply!
    All depends on your usecase. I type a LOT. Most of which includes far too many one off acronyms, nomenclature, etc to tolerate "auto correct", etc. If you value precise typing, K series is as good as it gets. K2LE has also proven fastest of Android, under my thumb.

Also, few slab enthusiasts really grasp the overall usefulness of PKB shortcuts and speed dials! They are always available! As one example, I have "P" assigned to most called number. Easily found by feel. Frequently dialed without looking. While extracting from pocket. All likely of little value to typical consumers. Maybe one day some of those consumers might aspire to become producers?? Lol.

Again. All depends on usecase. If you value precise typing and PKB shortcuts, K series is THE choice, imo. Fwiw
    05-09-19 05:58 AM
    Don't like iPhones - although I really enjoy my iPad ... yep, that's odd.[/QUOTE]

Same here. It is odd, but I use the iPad for different things than I use my phone.
    cyberdoggie likes this.
    05-09-19 07:27 AM

Maybe their preference is changing to something else
    05-09-19 07:39 AM
    Keyboard and the HUB. Browsing through messages using the Android Shade just feels cumbersome.
    05-09-19 08:06 AM
    Perhaps users do more than type.
    Gene Fells likes this.
    05-09-19 09:16 AM
    Perhaps users do more than type.
    Anyway, it's clear that any writer that does a lot of work on the go and doesn't like lugging around a laptop would show interest in a KEY device.

Who wants to type up lengthy articles on glass?
    Molfus and i_plod_an_dr_void like this.
    05-09-19 09:25 AM
    Anyway, it's clear that any writer that does a lot of work on the go and doesn't like lugging around a laptop would show interest in a KEY device.

The three writers I know don't, but they also refuse to work on screens smaller than a MacBook.
    Gene Fells likes this.
    05-09-19 11:20 AM
    The three writers I know don't, but they also refuse to work on screens smaller than a MacBook.
    As someone who has used BlackBerry PKB phones since 2004 but who has used a BlackBerry VKB slab for the past six years, this is what I'd say.

For text entry, I am faster on glass, primarily thanks to the BlackBerry VKB text prediction feature.

For text editing, PKBs are superior due to more precise text selection and cursor control and shortcuts.

As someone responsible for producing and editing high volumes of error-free copy, I don't have a clear preference between the BlackBerry VKB and PKB, but I prefer them both over generic keyboards made more for short messages and emoji.

On my KEYone, I often enter text on the VKB and edit it with the PKB!

Posted with my trusty Z10
    chain13 and i_plod_an_dr_void like this.
    05-09-19 11:53 AM

Glass seems to get better with size. At least till humans evolve transparent thumbs. Lol. I have actually typed slightly faster on my gigantic D60 slab than on my K1. K2 and then K2LE have since nosed ahead in that race. Speed aside, D60 slab has never afforded the zero error precision my work demands, tho.

Clearly, "most" consumers are doing something other than typing. But then "most" consumers won't likely ever aspire beyond "consumer" status? Those that do might one day want something better suited to a different use case?

Then again, if the only PKB examples available afford only marginal improvements over available glass, it's little surprise their slight performance margin advantage fails to translate into much more than a slight sales margin advantage. Imo. If that. How many Samsung users could be expected to migrate for slightly marginal typing improvements? Assuming they even knew such products were available. The best lemonade in the world won't sell if there's not even a sign out informing potential customers of its existence. lol.

BB has historically demonstrated mastery of exquisite typing experience. Unlike glass reality, improving on contemporary PKB performance might require smaller form factor. Imo. Getting that concept accepted thru simplistic "bigger is better" glass thinking has proven an insurmountable obstacle, to date. Despite evidence that sales seemed to decrease as each subsequent PKB model grew in size? I can attest that my typing performance has quantitatively decreased as each subsequent PKB model grew in size. Since 9650 in 2010.

In any case, I'll certainly take a contemporary K series over ANY current android. For my use case, at least. Former consumers always welcome to join the fun, tho. Lol.
    RCJ28, the_boon and chain13 like this.
    05-09-19 12:14 PM
    You sound like someone who haven’t read android Pie’s and Q’s whitepaper

So yeah I’m sure
    Don't be so sure about that...or what I've read.
    05-09-19 02:12 PM
357 1234 ...