My friend has the same curve and has built in sms bubble style ! Do you think she's updated ? And is there a newer os than the one I'm running now ?? How and where to I update it ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-11-11 03:42 AM
    My friend has the same curve and has built in sms bubble style ! Do you think she's updated ? And is there a newer os than the one I'm running now ?? How and where to I update it ?

WHOA! that's old-skool! i dont have an 8520 but my gf does. Anyway, i take it you're a noob so i'm not gonna shout at you, but for next time, there is a search function in the forums where u will find anything u need to know. here's a link to download the latest OS for your BB:

Crackberry 8520 forum download link

you might also find this one useful:

how to install a new OS on your BB

Good luck with it!
    03-11-11 04:25 AM
    There's no updates on the blackberry website or none come up when I plug my bb in so I can't update

03-11-11 05:07 AM
    Hi Tasha, you should be able to get a list of available upgrades on your providers site, version 5.0 is the latest.

03-11-11 05:25 AM
    There's no updates on the blackberry website or none come up when I plug my bb in so I can't update

You don't have to wait for your carrier to drop the latest OS, you can download the OS for any carrier onto your computer from the link i provided above. Once you have it on there, install it to your computer, then just delete the vendor.xml file that can be found at C:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and you're good to go. If you open up Desktop Manager it should show the available update. any further questions don't hesitate to ask....
    03-12-11 01:29 AM
    Thanks everyone ! Updated now and all is good

03-12-11 03:23 AM
    Thanks everyone ! Updated now and all is good

Glad to hear it! Check back regularly on the CB 8520 forums to see if more updates are available so you'll always have the latest!

03-12-11 03:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD