Read this....
    https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2013/1...canaries-right

...and contrast that with BlackBerry's documented history of simply granting government's access to their servers.

mmkay?
    The NSA doesn't need to make PRISM requests when they've got a backdoor into iPhones...unless Apple is somehow involved in helping the NSA with the back-end logistics specific to this backdoor. But they, you know, denied complicity.

No FUD, mmkay?
    04-21-14 08:09 PM
    As long as we're agreed that BlackBerry typically just let's anyone into the servers if they threatened with not being allowed to operate in that country.

Saudi. India. Malaysia.

You like to pretend that Blackberry's security is the best. My question is what good is that in 2014? If governments want your info, they will have it.
    04-21-14 08:17 PM
    The NSA doesn't need to make PRISM requests when they've got a backdoor into iPhones...unless Apple is somehow involved in helping the NSA with the back-end logistics specific to this backdoor. But they, you know, denied complicity.

No FUD, mmkay?
    What? The article is talking about government requests to Apple. If they had a backdoor, then why so many requests? They don`t just go "Hey heres all that data you asked for government!". There are whole legal procedures and court orders to go along with it. The whole point of PRISM was that the NSA was spying on everyone, not requesting data, that would be too transparent for a government surveillance program.
    JeepBB likes this.
    04-21-14 08:19 PM
    What? The article is talking about government requests to Apple. If they had a backdoor, then why so many requests? They don`t just go "Hey heres all that data you asked for government!". There are whole legal procedures and court orders to go along with it. The whole point of PRISM was that the NSA was spying on everyone, not requesting data, that would be too transparent for a government surveillance program.
    I didn't know legal procedures are court orders applied to anyone outside the US. I'm sure ROW will be so glad to know that the FISA courts are looking out for their interests
    04-21-14 08:29 PM
    The most secure communication today is bbm on bb10 / bbos devices. Servers don't keep chats history and if your phone is sim free then it becomes very difficult to spy on. Even though many claim that bis/bes is the best for security, I disagree, as the server stores email messages somewhere and can be compromised or ordered to be investigated for national security reasons.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-14 08:30 PM
    I didn't know legal procedures are court orders applied to anyone outside the US. I'm sure ROW will be so glad to know that the FISA courts are looking out for their interests
    I`m done.
    raino likes this.
    04-21-14 09:36 PM
131 ... 456