Haven't been reading up much on BlackBerry this year. Been busy with work. When I went to buy new BlackBerry no carrier in Ireland stocks them right now. I was shocked to say the least.

Now it's a software company, surprise profit last quarter, android phone coming and secutab in Germany. So what's going on -

Are BlackBerry still going to make handsets as the market share is terrible.

I have a feeling BlackBerry is trying to sneak it's os onto other manufacturers like Samsung. Calling it a android device but the core is basically BlackBerry with the all the bells and whistles of android on the face of it. Samsung want enterprise and BlackBerry want or should I say need customers.

So again my question is - what's going on?

Posted via CB10
    07-03-15 01:21 PM
    Oh Ya I bought a passport buy the way and love it

Posted via CB10
    07-03-15 01:24 PM
    Lucky you .The Passport is an awesome BB phone. I am still hoping for an all touch BlackBerry 10 superphone. No android for me for sure.

  
    07-03-15 03:57 PM
    Oh Ya I bought a passport buy the way and love it

Posted via CB10
    "I gotta Passport!, I gotta Passport!, hey, hey, hey, hey!"

I have a PP too! Best SP on the market!

Posted via CB10
    07-03-15 04:18 PM
    Passport abuser here too. Best phone ever!

Posted via CB10
    07-03-15 10:41 PM
    Anyone got a proper answer for me, eh.
    07-05-15 10:45 AM
    Ask G2Hockey
    Carjackd, jafobabe and sam81 like this.
    07-05-15 11:36 AM
    Unfortunately I think now one really knows what is the future of Blackberry smartphones so no one can give you a proper answer.

In my opinion BlackBerry is a little lost with their handset being not profitable so as any good company would do they are changing the fundamentals and trying to answer the customer needs by maybe using Android.

Posted via CB10
    bigpolla likes this.
    07-05-15 02:44 PM
    Anyone got a proper answer for me, eh.
    Got a proper question?
    07-05-15 03:24 PM
    ...Haven't been reading up much on BlackBerry this year. Been busy with work. When I went to buy new BlackBerry no carrier in Ireland stocks them right now. I was shocked to say the least...

Per John Chen BlackBerry is renegotiating contracts with all their vendors - this usually is a very excruciating process and can take 1 to 2 years to rollout across the global. For now, your best bet is to buy the phone over the web from Amazon (Italy, Germany, etc.)

...Now it's a software company, surprise profit last quarter, android phone coming and secutab in Germany. So what's going on...

Per John Chen, he wants BlackBerry to focus equally on both Software and Hardware; the primary change in strategy being - he wants Hardware to be viewed as a "solution." - which, in my opinion, is a sound strategy...

The profit was mainly due to 2 licensing agreements (Cisco and another large technology company - (IBM/Apple/Google?)) - as you saw, BlackBerry got severely reprimanded for booking these "highly secretive" deals. Apparently the BTS licensing pipeline is strong, but it appears that the market is not going to give any credit if those deals fall into "highly secretive" category.

Are BlackBerry still going to make handsets as the market share is terrible.

Yes, John has repeatedly stated that they have no plans of exiting the hardware business (at least not in the immediate horizon)...

I have a feeling BlackBerry is trying to sneak it's os onto other manufacturers like Samsung. Calling it a android device but the core is basically BlackBerry with the all the bells and whistles of android on the face of it. Samsung want enterprise and BlackBerry want or should I say need customers.

Not sure about that, the current tie-up seems to be around Knox, BES, Blackberry Experience Suite, Curved Screen, and Samsung Equinox.

So again my question is - what's going on?

That is the million dollar question - the stock price indicates that market has no fate in what BlackBerry is doing and doesn't think it has a bright future. Analyst are overly critical and think the projections are way out of whack and device business is as good as a goner.

Posted via CB10[/QUOTE]
    bigpolla likes this.
    07-05-15 10:30 PM
    That is the million dollar question - the stock price indicates that market has no fate in what BlackBerry is doing and doesn't think it has a bright future. Analyst are overly critical and think the projections are way out of whack and device business is as good as a goner.

Posted via CB10
    [/QUOTE]

Faith? :-)

"- If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it." -John 14:14 (Shared from e-Mmanuel for BB10)

"And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you." -Matthew 17:20 (Shared from e-Mmanuel for BB10)

I'm sure it can be done. The fight is still raging...

  Pastaporto aglio e olio... Mmmhhh!  
    07-06-15 12:19 AM
    Faith? :-)

Thanks for correcting that one :-)

I'm sure it can be done. The fight is still raging...

Value destruction (in terms of stock value), at this stage, is harmful to its brand image - it just helps to foment FUD and impacts market perception - it is especially not helpful to their device business. The stock is (way) down year over year, the external appearance that it projects (to the market) is, "BlackBerry is still not able to pull it off and just doesn't know how to pull itself together" - it is literally becoming a laughing stock!

Even Apple, during its worst days, wasn't being ridiculed and laughed it (especially when Steve Jobs was back in the saddle) - the same reverence doesn't apply to BlackBerry, market views them as a weak hand!

•   Pastaporto aglio e olio... Mmmhhh!   •[/QUOTE]
    07-06-15 05:59 PM