Ummm...you don't need the GPS to work in order to do that. Also, you do know that the satellite images are a old images, don't you?
    I think what he is saying is that he wants to use it as an accurate GPS when he is out in the woods. I'm guessing that triangulation around his hunting grounds doesn't give him a good enough location to be able to abandon his dedicated GPS devices. As for using the sat photos, they come in handy since there probably aren't roads running through this area. Even a 5 year old sat photo can show you a tree line or a field which you won't see on a regular GPS...all handy stuff when you are out in the woods.
    I'd love to have it working with the GPS for hiking... would work great with sat photos.
    01-27-09 08:06 PM
    Scratch what I said about Trapster... I dled the newest version and now it finds my house.... even shows a trap near me, which I know is actually there.. see the motorcop there all the time...
    well, back to my original statement... it worked for that one time, and now Trapster is not finding my location again... always says "Gettling location"...
    01-28-09 09:39 PM
    Thats a retorical question but in some cases, I'd rather have cell tower triangulation which works wherever there is a cell signal while true GPS needs to be out in the open. Also how exact did you want the GPS (triangulation or true) to show anyways, we do have eyes and you can use them to navigate.

I can't believe this is a serious question. Why WOULDN'T you want an accurate location on the map?
    01-28-09 10:55 PM
    That's because you're on Vodafone. This is a Verizon issue.
    and Telus.
    01-29-09 04:30 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD