I got a new BB device and want to transfer everything from my old device to my new device. What's the best way to do this? Everytime i use the desktop program, the email doesn't work, I lose bbm contacts, and so on. What's the best way for everything to port over and have everything work?
    03-18-12 03:27 PM
    I've got to do this tomorrow when my new BB arrives.

I would have thought if you were using the same SIM card to save your contacts to SIM and do the same for anything else you can that you want to bring over.

The rest like pictures or music I would put onto a computer, then plug my new phone in and put them on the new phone from there.

Or maybe there's a way to do it via bluetooth or something but that might take a while.

The apps and themes things like that I would imagine you would have to download again unless you can copy them onto the computer and put them in the other phone and they would still work
    03-18-12 03:42 PM
    If your new device is an OS 7 model, and your old device is a BlackBerry, the best thing to do is do a a full backup using Desktop Manager. Start the new BlackBerry, log in with your BlackBerry ID and complete the setup. Then restore your personal data only, no settings. Do NOT use the switch device wizard.

If your new device is OS 6 or older, use the switch device wizard if your old device is supported. If not, the next best thing is to sync the old device with something that will also sync with the BlackBerry, then sync the BlackBerry with that something.
    03-18-12 03:59 PM
    Yeah, its 9900 transferring to 9810. Any other advice for the best transfer possible?
    03-19-12 10:22 PM
    use desktop manager.
    03-19-12 10:35 PM
    Yeah, its 9900 transferring to 9810. Any other advice for the best transfer possible?
    Yea. I use device switcher with all my upgrades. I havent had an issue to date. For me the key is only have 1 device hooked up at a time.
    03-19-12 10:42 PM
    Easy way would be to use the DM like 13echo4 mentioned. Eazy pezzy.
    03-19-12 11:37 PM
    I told you, everytime i use DM it ports everything over. However, there are alot of times where email does not work (cannnot send), BBM contacts are there, but when i message them, i need to send another BBM request, and other things experience minor errors as well, so DM is not always the way to go. The DM is not always a smooth transition. It seems to be smooth for everyone, but me.

Anyone try that new SD card transfer method on OS7?
    03-20-12 08:43 AM
    i used my pc and it works fine
    03-20-12 10:22 AM
    I told you, everytime i use DM it ports everything over. However, there are alot of times where email does not work (cannnot send), BBM contacts are there, but when i message them, i need to send another BBM request, and other things experience minor errors as well, so DM is not always the way to go. The DM is not always a smooth transition. It seems to be smooth for everyone, but me.

Anyone try that new SD card transfer method on OS7?
    I know you said that it doesn't work for you. Here's the thing its not the softwares fault. You ave to ask the question what is the problem. Its not a total bust across the board. Some people have problems most don't.
    It just sounds to me like your using out dated DM. It only makes sense that if you updated your messaging clients an tried to transfer those with old software something is going to get miss handled. I always download the newst DM anytime I'm going to swap phones just to make sure that the updates I've installed I taken care of. Next thing close all the apps that can be closed. If you have an app running that has access to your messages then it might be causing the issue your having.
    Are you swapping from the same OS? There was a few apps that just wouldn't work on os7 that where on os6. Don't transfer those. If anything uninstall em and transfer the I stall file.
    1 last thought would be does your PC have enough resources? Mainly ram? If your locking up your PC then data can get screwed up. Get your PC stable by pauseing or closing stingy apps.
    03-20-12 02:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD