I currently use a curve 8520 (my 1st bb) but its pay as you go and to try to optimize my spending have decided to get a contract. Since having this phone I have decided I really wanna go bb again but which would be best for me- torch 9800 or bold 9780? The carrier I'm going with (o2) offers both at exactly the same price.
    My normal usage-
    Texting- lots n lots
    Calling- around 3-5 calls per week
    Browsing- a real lot
    Bbm- almost never
    Msn- a fair amount
    Facebook- a lot
    Games- quite a bit
    Listening to music- quite a lot
    Alarm clock- every morning
    Camera/video camera- quite a bit
    Viewing pics/ videos- quite a bit

That's all I can think of for now thanx in advance for your help.
    (I previously asked this in the torch forum then realised I'd probably get a biased view)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by xanderthevampire; 04-22-11 at 08:13 PM.
    04-22-11 07:46 PM
    Why not do a side by side comparison with each phone and compare specs. Nothing like a hands on comparison to make the best choice.

04-22-11 08:12 PM
    Why not do a side by side comparison with each phone and compare specs. Nothing like a hands on comparison to make the best choice.

Yeah I'm gna ask in the shop if I can try them both out b4 I get 1 but I dunno if they'll let me. Anyway I figure itd be helpful 2 get some advice from people who may own either of them

04-22-11 08:17 PM
    Best thing to tell you is to go to store and make your own decisions based on your own opinions and go from there. Good Luck with you decision.
    04-22-11 08:42 PM
    With new models coming out in the near future, you might want to wait a little bit and see if one of the newer models will be coming out there soon.

BlackBerry World is just around the corner.
    04-22-11 10:58 PM
    I would wait but the Torch is probably better since it's a touchscreen and bigger. You don't even have to use the screen. But wait for the new models as the CPUs will double in speed.

04-23-11 03:02 AM
    Only problem with waiting for new models- they will b without a doubt more expensive. If they cost ne more than 30 per month there's no way I can get 1. Whereas, the current ones are 27 per month.

04-23-11 03:58 AM
    I think I might go for the torch- the bigger screen is a real plus n although I like the trackpad I often wish I could click n slide with it like a mouse (for quicker scrolling, drag n drop and to highlight lines of text among other things) I believe (from what othrs hve said) that the touch screen would facilitate these desires nicely while I would still have the old reliable trackpad as well. I kno its just a little thing but a little goes a long way

04-23-11 09:43 AM
    Before I read any other replies, I was already thinking the Torch could be the one for you.

I have a 9700 and a friend has a Torch - it really is a nice phone, feels solid and it's got the best browser of all the BBs out there. I would swap the 9700 for the Torch if I could. As it is I'll get a Playbook to tide me over and then get a Torch 2 or Bold Touch when they come out.

I can also appreciate why you wanted to ask this question in the forum, I always find it disappointing when people reply 'go and try them out in a shop' to this type of inquiry.

04-24-11 10:18 AM
    Wait for the Bold-Touch. It would be the only phone you need, ever.
    04-24-11 12:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD