I respectfully disagree on the 3G/WiFi issue. I spent 6 months with my G1 (which has wifi and 3g). I live in Chicago so 3G coverage is pretty good but even with that, the 8900 does pretty well on EDGE.....much better than other phones that use EDGE. Once and awhile I do miss the extra ooomph but I can wait an extra 5-20 seconds if I have to.

Depending on your location, 3G might not do you any good. I just drove down to Iowa (from Chicago) on Monday and Tuesday and once we (the wife and I) we're out of the Chicagoland area, our phones were on par in terms of connection speed to the internet and she has a G1.

Staying at the hotel and having wifi was a big benefit. Once I connected to the hotels wifi, my phone went thru t-mobile and I was on wifi/uma so checking up on the kids, calling the office, and other phones calls was quick and free....no roaming. Also, surfing crackberry and other sites that i frequent was a breeze.

I don't think it's "a major handicap". Now, when the 3G BB comes to t-mobile, I will consider it.
    You are right in saying that 3G coverage is not available everywhere. But you are still far more apt to find 3G coverage than wireless. Case in point: your experience at the hotel. I never travel anywhere without my laptop, and in the hotel, I would have it set up, making extraordinarily cheap calls with Skype. Don't get me wrong, I think wireless is a useful feature. But it could never come at the expense of 3G. Wireless is available usually at 5 locations: the airport, coffee shops, your home, a hotel and the office. Whenever I am in these areas, I have my laptop with me anyways, so the need for wireless on my phone becomes non-existent. 3G coverage is more useful because it is there in situations where you wouldn't dream of having your laptop present: in the church, at a funeral, while having sex, going for a jog, on the subway, at a friend's house, etc. The list is endless. I always try to be objective in my analysis of these devices, and given the ultra-fast experience I've been having with 3G in the suburbs of Michigan, the fact that BB deprived the 8900 of it will forever remain a crime of moral turpitude in my books....
    08-01-09 06:58 AM
    The best BlackBerry is the one that comes out after you get yours.
    Or any blackberry that is not a pearl--(rolling eyes)

BTW, I have a Pearl and love love LOVE it!
    08-01-09 07:44 AM
    I love the 8900; I love the functions, and the size is a sellind point for me.
    S
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

08-01-09 09:52 AM
    Tha 8900 has the best batt. life!!!
    08-01-09 12:50 PM
    The best blackberry phone is definitely the Blackberry Storm. It not only beats every other blackberry phone in terms of specs, but also it has touch (better than the iphone because it gives feedback when you type)
    08-01-09 01:39 PM
    I also would choose 3G over WiFi every time.
    While WiFi is great where you've got it, 3G is far, far more ubiquitous.

And as far as carriers, my own opinion is that VZW has better nationwide high-speed coverage. AT&T would be a distant #2 IMHO.

08-01-09 01:53 PM
    The best BlackBerry is the one that comes out after you get yours.
    LMAO < it does seem to work out like that alot LOL
    08-01-09 01:59 PM
    8900 and 9630
    08-01-09 07:03 PM
    Ok I am not sure why he has the phone class in that order but the 8900 curve is the best bb on the market now. The only reason why they havn't put it in that class is because they dont want to take away from the bold. Look at the specs yourself and see what fits your needs. In all fairness to bb some networks are to slow or bogged down with apps being downloaded that some apps do not work properlly, and I only know this because I have talked with many managers on many networks. Back to your answer the 8900 is diff with every carrier. I was in best buy looking at the tour and there is no wi-fi because they said then you have to have the data pakage for the phone to work wich is not true at all. I am with cellular one and my 8900 curve has wi-fi and is so fast and responsive that I am not sure what else you could want besides adobe flash player. The storms are not very good. Although they are fun I know many people with them and said they would like to throw it to the fishes. Check out the specs yourself on the curve the javelin and the tour, each of them are a little different for some reason but esentially the same phone. Although all we have are opinions for you make sure you get the wi-fi whatever you do, but dont get the tour there is no wi-fi at least through best buy. I baught the new 8900 two months ago and I am in love with this phone. I am sure they will let you use one and see if you like it and that if fits your needs bro.
    08-01-09 08:12 PM
    I have had the Bold,Storm and the 8900 in the past year and I say the Bold hands down, unless you take a lot of pics with your phone; then choose the 8900.
    08-01-09 08:21 PM
    Get the curve man. Its small. It has an excellent keyboard plus you eont look like one of the douches with a big dumb bold/tour. Who are you? Howard stern?

08-01-09 09:18 PM
    Get the curve man. Its small. It has an excellent keyboard plus you eont look like one of the douches with a big dumb bold/tour. Who are you? Howard stern?

So you're saying that if you have a big phone, you look like a *********? Well those are certainly some kind words. The bigger size of the Bold gets you a better keyboard. Plus the Tour is slightly taller than the Curve 8330 but is generally the same size from what I recall. It's not "a big dumb tour".

I would say that the best BlackBerry depends on the carrier. For T-Mobile, the best BlackBerry is the 8900 because the Bold doesn't support T-Mobile 3G. For CDMA carriers, the best BlackBerry is the Tour as it has a great keyboard, small size and is simply head and shoulders above the other 4.6 options for CDMA (Pearl Flip, Storm). For AT&T, the Bold is the best. You get 3G which even though you may think it won't affect you much, it increases call quality. It's a little bit worse than UMA as far as call quality goes. The Bold also has the best keyboard of any BlackBerry currently out on the market. Now as for the best overall BlackBerry, that honor would go to the Tour. The Tour has a good size, an excellent keyboard, a good camera, a great screen, etc... It's a CDMA Bold but without the Wi-Fi and a smaller size. The Onyx/Driftwood will trump that though with Wi-Fi and tri-band 3G.

To the OP, get an OtterBox case. Those cases are expensive, but you'll consider them worth their value.
    08-02-09 12:34 AM
    I'm not going to even enter in this debate. But the Bold for the win. So many Bold haters out there... it must be the best.
    08-02-09 12:42 AM
    I'm not going to even enter in this debate. But the Bold for the win. So many Bold haters out there... it must be the best.
    The Bold is still amazing even though it's nearly a year old. New Bolds are still selling for $400. Used Bolds are still selling for $300-$400. The prices are still the same as they were around the holidays last year. That's a testament to the Bold's greatness. The 8900 has declined $100 from the original prices I was seeing which was Bold prices. I saw the 8900 for $250-$300.
    08-02-09 12:51 AM
    Amen bro.

--
    08-02-09 01:00 AM
    It's the one that makes you happy dude. Test drive them all and then decide. Some are better to view media on, do you like a the track ball? Do you travel? Do you need wifi? Make a list of what you need in a phone and get that one. That will be the best BB.
    08-02-09 01:10 AM
    the fact that BB deprived the 8900 of it (3g) will forever remain a crime of moral turpitude in my books....
    I appreciate your desire for 3g.

I can only tell you about how UMA via wi-fi really came through for me. I was working in the basement of a hospital where there wasn't any 3g or edge or cdma. I carry several phones including a shiny 8700 and what saved my **** was a 8320 curve from T-Mobile that had UMA support. When all else failed, the poor little curve that didn't have 3g was there.

Be well.
    08-02-09 01:26 AM
    Well since Sprint doesn't offer the Bold, Storm or 8900, I am going with the 8330 Curve. Can't wait!
    Getting the 8330 is like stepping back 2 years. On Sprint, get the new TOUR! Its like the bold (without WiFi) but smaller, more app memory and same/better screen....
    08-02-09 05:36 AM
    That is such a loaded question, it is all about what you like.
    Agreed. I have to say the Pearl 8130 is best for me. Some people absolutely hate it because of the SureType but I can turn out documents in no time.
    08-02-09 08:11 AM
    currently bold. next few months.. onyx. 1 year later.. magnum.
    :P

08-02-09 09:29 AM
    Depends on carrier

Tmobile- 8900
    Att - Bold
    Sprint - Tour
    Verizon - Tour
    08-03-09 08:57 AM
    I would get the Curve. But you should goto the stores and check it out yourself. If you can, wait till the prices go down.
    08-03-09 09:10 AM
    T-mobile
    Any phone on At&t or verizon
    08-03-09 01:47 PM
    Well currently I think the Bold is the best one.
    08-03-09 01:56 PM
    The best blackberry phone is definitely the Blackberry Storm. It not only beats every other blackberry phone in terms of specs, but also it has touch (better than the iphone because it gives feedback when you type)
    Asper your name and saying the Storm your a commic right?
    08-03-09 02:33 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD