Remember few months back when the Internet and Android forums were all jaw dropped at when a video of a Passport SE running Lollipop surfaced? People were speculating of a Passport II with Android or some even saying BlackBerry will update their devices with a dual boot or something like that. I wanna know whatever happened to that? Was there any follow up? I know it's not fake since the video seemed legitimate. Are we really gonna expect an Android integration into BB10 with dual boot like how it was shown in the video?

Posted via CB10
    03-02-16 04:13 AM
    Not gonna happen.
    03-02-16 08:44 AM
    That was testing android, it was never a thing.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    03-02-16 08:48 AM
    Some people expected a lot of crazy stuff.....

No one really has the answer. But my guess....
    NO Android for existing Passport users. not going to unlock the devices.
    NO dual booting devices - not something Google approves.
    NO new Passport with Android - it's just not a good format for Android. Reason the Vienna renders don't have a 1x1 screen.

Many still believe that was a fake video.... even if real, a lot of stuff happens during testing that is never really meant for production.
    03-02-16 08:49 AM
    I believe that the testing was done to see how the Vienna would work. I'm guessing the Passport and the Vienna will have similar specs and the Vienna will come with Android Lollipop straight out of the box.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-16 10:53 AM
    Lots of crazy things are done by manufacturers for internal testing. Apple had Macs running on Intel processors years before such machines were sold to the public, for example, and the first Google Glass prototype was literally a disassembled smartphone held up by a 3D-printed glasses frame. The mere existence of a prototype ANYTHING doesn't mean that it will become an actual product.
    TGR1 and bakron1 like this.
    03-02-16 12:28 PM
    I believe that the testing was done to see how the Vienna would work. I'm guessing the Passport and the Vienna will have similar specs and the Vienna will come with Android Lollipop straight out of the box.

Posted via CB10
    Marshmallow...? :-D

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    03-02-16 03:25 PM

Even the Priv shows no sign of a Marshmallow update so I'm gonna assume Lollipop is what the Vienna will run on

Posted via CB10
    03-02-16 04:48 PM
    Lots of crazy things are done by manufacturers for internal testing. Apple had Macs running on Intel processors years before such machines were sold to the public, for example, and the first Google Glass prototype was literally a disassembled smartphone held up by a 3D-printed glasses frame. The mere existence of a prototype ANYTHING doesn't mean that it will become an actual product.
    Yeah but the fact that a Passport CAN run a full android OS sounds very promising in terms of what BlackBerry hardware can do. It could become a reality!

Posted via CB10
    03-02-16 04:49 PM

Too gooey

 Priv... cue the comeback!
    03-02-16 07:29 PM