I love my Blackberry 8130, but I sometimes miss the ease of use and simplicity of using my old phones ala the LG Voyager/enV. Taking a picture and looking at it was really easy and quick. My phone often takes some time to do these things, and scrolling through my pictures is a pain. Plus, with videos, there is no little clip preview.

I just feel like RIM could add a bunch of features that would be pretty easy, and would make a lot of people happy. Plus, an 'easier' OS would be nice, but I don't mind how it is now. However, a lot of complaints I hear about BBs are the OS.

So, what's your thoughts?
    Last edited by trebb; 07-20-08 at 10:51 PM.
    07-20-08 10:41 PM
    I really like it and have no problems with the OS. Of course there are little things that can always be improved, but RIM knows that and they are constantly working to make the best software out there.
    07-20-08 10:43 PM
    "easier" OS? I don't understand whats hard about it now. The BB OS is known for it ease of use. I have no problems with the 4.5 or 4.6 OS. I do agree RIM could do a little more, but if I wanted a multi-media device, I'd get an iphone.
    07-20-08 10:45 PM
    I was lucky enough to miss the whole development cycle after the Palm III and Newton.

When the dust settled, BlackBerry was the top of the heap. I like it, it takes a bit of remembering, and looking things up a couple times, but it works smoothly and reliably.

It may lack some window dressing, but the engine is pure gold.

Did you know, Sun"s Java Machine is at the heart of the Mars Rovers? That kind of reliable.
    07-20-08 10:45 PM
    Ok, try giving a friend of yours who has never touched a Blackberry before your phone. They have no idea what to do with it, and are very confused.

If I gave someone my Voyager, it's pretty self explanatory.
    07-20-08 10:47 PM
    The Voyager is not a smartphone. No comparison to BBs....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-08 10:49 PM
    Ok, try giving a friend of yours who has never touched a Blackberry before your phone.....
    I just love doing that... they stare at it and their jaws drop.

Did I mention, I have really cool wallpaper?
    07-20-08 10:55 PM
    I just love doing that... they stare at it and their jaws drop.

Did I mention, I have really cool wallpaper?
    hahahaaha

And I really do not understand where you can find difficulty with the BBOS

Maybe some advance features and customization... but the OS is smart and intuitive. Most of the time, the device will do something for you...
    07-20-08 10:58 PM
    The BB OS does does not bother me and is sure as
    h3ll easier to deal with than Symbian (ex E62 user) IMO.

But I knew what I was getting into by doing that whole
    research before purchase thing.
    07-20-08 10:58 PM
    ...Most of the time, the device will do something for you...
    The Swiss Army Knife of phones.
    07-20-08 11:01 PM
    The Swiss Army Knife of phones.
    I agree. Anyone having issues will need to give it some time. Besides, you're not addicted - yet.
    07-20-08 11:06 PM
    RIM isn't out for self explanatory... or else they would just blend in with everybody. RIM is all about innovation and efficiency... they are a different breed of phone and smartphone. They stand in a class of their own. So if your friends don't know what to do with it when handed to them, it's their responsibility to learn, hence the name smartphone. Outsmarted by a BB? It's definitely possible
    07-20-08 11:09 PM
    My BB has way too much confidential information on it for me to just "hand it over" to someone anyway.

I find the BBOS to be pretty intuitive if you take a little time to understand it. Sure, it has a learning curve, but what sophisticated electronic device doesn't?
    07-21-08 01:16 AM
    Outsmarted by a BB? It's definitely possible
    HAHAHAHHAA
    07-21-08 03:21 AM
    I love my Blackberry 8130, but I sometimes miss the ease of use and simplicity of using my old phones
    I was a Motorola user for years. I wanted to migrate to BlackBerry and almost did when the Pearl was released but then I heard about the Curve and decided to wait.

I waited and the day the Curve was released, I was down at the store buying mine. I hate to sound sentimental, but it really was love at first sight.

That was 8-9 months ago and the love affair hasn't faded one bit. I still absolutely love my Curve.

I've spent an ungodly amount of time "tricking out" my Curve. I won't go into all kinds of detail but I really have customized my Curve quite a bit. With that said, and after almost 3/4ths of a year, I'm still learning things about BlackBerry and my Curve that I didn't know before.

I might also add that if you own a BlackBerry, you'd be hardpressed to find anywhere else other than right here on CrackBerry to become knowledgeable about your BB.

BlackBerrys are very sophisticated devices. If you'd want something that you could completely master in an hour, you are probably not a BlackBerry person.

I can also tell you that the idea of me handing my BlackBerry to a friend and telling them to play with it is just soooo never going to happen.

Perhaps I'm just addicted. If so, it's not an addiction I plan to break anytime soon.
    07-21-08 03:54 AM
    READ TEN TIMES MORE THAN YOU POST
    What a great policy. If only everyone followed it.
    07-21-08 03:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD