Basically I am curious about the way people use there BB in the context of their working life, be it playing games or planning meetings.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-08 04:35 PM
    I am an accountant and an office manager so I use my BB for work for emails mostly.
    I do use the calendar and reminders for work and personal.
    Of course I use it much more for play.

Last edited by Jeanetteh1960; 05-29-08 at 06:01 PM.
    05-29-08 04:40 PM
    My job is nail technician i use my BB to book all my clients in...

the calender is gr8 and easy to use and always on my main screen to remind me off what i am doin an at what time.

i love it !
    05-29-08 04:43 PM
    Well I don't have a job, I am a full time student and father of three.

As i student I use the web for research, or looking up words I am unfamiliar with as I am reading an essay or book ( saves on steps to a computer ) I use the calendar all the time to schedule my exams and dr. appointments and kids school schedules. I also have my school email pushed to my BB so I can keep up with the latest and greatest there.

As a father whose twin girls are 11 and using email I use it to keep more in touch with them. My son who is 7, and infatuated with robots, likes to watch videos of them on my BB.

Even with out a job I use the crap out of it, lol.
    05-29-08 04:43 PM
    I sell phones! I use my BB everyday to demonstrate to customers on all the sweet features it offers to everyday people.
    Last edited by ginya-san; 05-29-08 at 04:48 PM.
    05-29-08 04:45 PM
    I'm an acct manager at a graphic design firm. I'm constantly on my BB... We all use our BBs here mostly for the email and the calendar to book appointments, interviews, deadlines on jobs, meetings, etc.
    05-29-08 04:49 PM
    professional frisbee expert.
    i keep my clients in order, make appts.
    05-29-08 04:49 PM
    I'm a blackberry administrator, I manage 4 servers and manage both the AT&T account and Verizon account..

We have over 2000 blackberry's on AT&T all at $75 monthly fee's.. =) so yes.. we pay AT&T alone in 1 month, more than I make in 2 years.

I've used every type of BB device and have tons of them all over my desk.. 7130e, 8703e, 8700c, 8100, 8310, 8800, 8820, 8830... all over..

I have a few running 4.5.0.37 as testers..
    05-29-08 04:55 PM
    I'm connected completely.
    It wakes me up everyday. It keeps track and reminds me of my court dates, meetings and training days. I use the tasks app alot when I really need to remember something during my shift. When and if I get into incidents during the day, I'd completely forget about my tasks unless it didn't remind me.
    05-29-08 05:00 PM
    I am a Project Manager I use it for the calender, contacts, email, the phone itself all day, and for the gym also.
    05-29-08 05:07 PM
    I am a mortgage broker, so I use the email feature, setup closings, appraisals, title work and being more of a mobile office always on the go. I also use the camera feature to take pictures of potential rehab homes and email to clients or to the appraiser to find a value. So I use it more than anything.

Last edited by rpalumbo; 05-30-08 at 09:51 AM.
    05-29-08 05:13 PM
    I'm a BES admin amoungst other duties. 5000 users 8 BES.

So my berry is my best friend for my job.

05-29-08 06:11 PM
    911 dispatcher. Keep track of my schedule (4 days of work and 4 days off, hard to figure out whats days you have off in a couple months of the top of your head). Just about everything is communicated through email here so it's nice to know what's going on while I'm off so I don't walk in the first day back and get blindsided by a hundred procedure changes. Also keep in touch with my Captain at the firehouse while I'm working.
    05-29-08 06:22 PM
    I am VP of Development for a VoIP company which does business all over the world. I use email every day and need the "push" feature to be in ready contact. Additionally I have my VoIP phone forwarded to my BB so that I am reachable at all times.
    I use Google Maps to check on potential hotspot locations and can send a map to our tech people all while in field. I don't know what I did before my BB. It has made life sooo much easier.
    05-29-08 06:39 PM
    Ok maybe if my license plate read like that; and maybe if I wasn't voluntarily doing pro bono work...I'd be a different type of an attorney...but i'm an attorney that is the anti-thesis of what most people paint legal professionals to be (i.e. greedy); I actually help (or try to) people for their good/and the greater good.

I use my BB for scheduling, e-mail and ruling the world.
    05-29-08 07:05 PM
    I am a full time firefighter as well as a husband and father of 3 young boys. I use mine to keep track of my work days, shift changes, training days, Dept. Email, personal email, EBAY, "honey do" lists, make grocery lists, organize all 200+ work contacts, and most importantly to talk to my wife & kids at bedtime when I'm at the station.

05-29-08 07:05 PM
    I work in Admissions at a University and use my phone to keep track of my appointments and check emails on it. Both personal and work emails. I also use tasks heavily. Since I travel alot for work I also use the GPS to find my appointments while out working and other things that GPS is great for.
    05-29-08 07:12 PM
    Volunteer Fire fighter here, and Operations Manager of an insurance company... I use it all the time....... Emails, tasks, meetings, phone calls, you name it...

Photo's of scene for dept also works very well..
    05-29-08 07:16 PM
    I am a Locomotive Engineer for Amtrak (yes I operate the Acela) and the BB has nothing to do with my position. :-)

05-29-08 08:21 PM
    I am a 9-1-1 dispatcher in charge of all the new hire training. And for those not into LE or dispatching, you won't know anything about this but I am also the VP of our Ohio Chapter of APCO. Keeps me in contact with everyone, and my busy schedule with training and APCO stuff. I have between 100-200 emails a day, I don't know what I would do without it.
    05-29-08 08:33 PM
    I am a full time college student so during the school year I'll be using my BB's calendar app intensively to keep track of due dates and such. However, this summer I'm working this internship and I'm using my BB to check sites that my job's proxy blocks, also to keep me from falling asleep.

05-29-08 08:35 PM
    I provide IT consulting services. Use my BB for contacts, email, tasks, calendar, and just plain fun.
    05-29-08 08:39 PM
    I am a Truss Designer and am out on job sites quite frequently, so I use it for email and phone.

05-29-08 08:41 PM
    Outside sales and have about 1000 customers that I keep track of. My BB is my mobile office. Gosh I love my BB.
    05-29-08 08:44 PM
    I'm in high school and work part time as a barista at starbucks

I use my BB to take down my shifts for wok..remind me of any test days..keeps my outside school and work functions in check.....

My BB is preety much my life..I'm glued to my curve almost the entire day....life without my BB seems soo trivial that its kinda scary thinking about life without it!!!

05-29-08 08:50 PM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD